> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Leen94's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2016, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen94! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army!

Here I'll help you with your guitar practice based on your guitar goals in order to take your guitar playing to new levels. Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 5 2016, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 4 2016, 01:54 PM) *
Hi Leen94! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army!

Here I'll help you with your guitar practice based on your guitar goals in order to take your guitar playing to new levels. Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Thanks, glad I could join your army wink.gif

As for the questions:
- Not much, I bought one guitar last year but to be honest I haven't practised much on it.
- I like Jason Mraz, Coldplay, Switchfoot (but only their old songs), Ed Sheeran, Mumford and Sons. But I don't really have one favorite, I usually listen to songs of many different bands/musicians.
- Hmm guitar goals..I just want to get as much out of it as possible wink.gif Challenging myself to take it further every time.
- In 5 years time I want to be able to play very well and have more knowledge about the theory behind music. Right now I don't have a goal to play in a band or perform. But it does seem nice...so maybe playing in a band or perform could be a goal too.
- I can practise for at least an hour every day.
- I've never played anything live.
- I don't quite know yet what my strong and weak points are with the guitar biggrin.gif . I do have very very small hands, so it might be a problem for me to stretch far.
- Not much, I've never had any lessons on music theory. I know the 7 basic notes and that you've got flat/sharp notes between them except between the E -F and B-C. And I know how to read tabs. But that's about it wink.gif
- I've got a webcam on my laptop that I can use to record videos.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2016, 01:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen, thanks for your information. In order to start working I'll assign one a first basic lesson based on open chords and a simple strumming pattern. The idea is that you learn the lesson, tell how it feels in a few days and if it's possible share a video of you playing it.

I haven't seen you playing so I'm not sure if this is advanced or not for you. Just let me know.

Also, it would really help me if you can record yourself just playing the things that you play every time you pick up guitar.

The lesson to work: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn..._1_Open_Chords/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 8 2016, 06:36 PM
Hi Gabriel,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on the lesson you gave me. I am a little bit struggling with the speed and with the C-chord. I just have to keep practising it wink.gif
I'll upload a video tomorrow to show how it goes and I will also upload a video of what I normally play on my guitar.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2016, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Fantastic! I'll wait for the video to give specific tips. Keep working! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 9 2016, 11:57 PM
Hi Gabriel,

Here are the two videos smile.gif
I know there's still a lot to work on but I'll just keep practising untill it's right wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass_example.mp4 ( 4.02MB ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass_Lesson_1.mp4 ( 4.41MB ) Number of downloads: 136

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2016, 03:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Leen! Great to find your videos!

You are changing chords very smoothly and it seems that everything sounds good. To be safe please check from time to time if each note of the chords is sounding when your press them to avoid muted notes.

The main thing to improve, based on video 1 is your rhythm. You are doing a silence between the chord changes so the rhythm stops and starts again. I recommend you to play even slower but trying to keep the rhythm / groove flowing. For this, you can use the slow backing tracks from the lesson, a metronome or even setting guitar pro at a comfortable tempo. The idea is to make the rhythm sound continuous at a slower tempo and slowly increase it until you can play the lesson at the normal tempo over the backing track. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 15 2016, 11:32 AM
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the feedback!
Right now I'm playing it slower with the backing track as you recommended and I notice that it really helps me keeping the rythm more steady.
I'll post a video of it soon wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2016, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 22 2016, 07:53 PM
Hi Gabriel,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll post a video of my progress next week on Friday.
Right now I'm very busy with study, got a few deadlines this and next week. So I haven't practised as much as I would like to, but I will pick it up again and start practising more coming week wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2016, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This sounds good! Thanks for the update, I'll wait for your take. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 30 2016, 12:18 AM
Hi Gabriel!

Here's the video.
I tried to do it at a slower tempo so I could focus more on keeping the rythm...hope it's better than the one before wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass_example_2.mp4 ( 9.23MB ) Number of downloads: 109

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2016, 05:07 PM
Instructor
yes, this is the way to go. Now you are keeping tempo better. Sometimes you tend to play before the beat but it's getting better. Are you using metronome on this take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Feb 8 2016, 05:48 PM

No I think I used the backing track, but very quiet because otherwise it was louder than my guitar wink.gif

This post has been edited by Leen94: Feb 8 2016, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Ah ok, please try to set your backing louder the next time! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Feb 16 2016, 01:04 PM
Okay I will smile.gif
Should I just keep practising this in this tempo and post another video of it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2016, 07:17 PM
Instructor
yes please! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Mar 19 2016, 01:26 PM
Hi Gabriel,
I'm sorry I haven't posted a video in a really long time....I have to admit that I neglected playing the guitar for a little bit.
I find it hard to stay motivated because I can't do that much yet. But I will pick it up again, cause I really want to learn it:)
So next Friday I will post a new video wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2016, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! I'm sorry to hear this! What's the main reason? Lack of time or lack of motivation?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Mar 25 2016, 10:50 PM
I think it's a combination of those two. I have been very busy with school (exams) but I also find it hard to stay motivated because I progress so slow. I just have to get through the beginning phase I guess wink.gif

Here's the video of me playing the chords with the metronome smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass_3.mp4 ( 8.54MB ) Number of downloads: 106

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 PM