New Member From Belgium:d
Cingen
May 7 2010, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
Hey there all! tongue.gif

After lurking this place for ages and watching the free parts of all the lessons I finally decided to subscribe to the site, 27 dollars a month is alot for me but since this site seems to be awesome quality and a real life teacher is WAY too expensive for me to possibly afford (being a college student sucks:( ) I decided to give this place a shot, pretty sure I won't regret it^^

Now over to the boring introductory wall of text! xD

My name's Gertjan Goetynck (i dare anyone to try pronounce that hehe tongue.gif) and I play guitar! (Whoah what a surprise right?)
I'm 19 years old, 20 in december and was born and raised in Ghent, the imo most awesome city of Belgium:p

I started playing guitar a while ago when I was going through an emotionally rough time and I needed something to distract myself, and that something became music, more specifically guitar. smile.gif Also was fun to find out that my dad was a quite succesful bassplayer in a funkband that used to be known in Belgium back in the days:p My dad's name still opens doors in the music scene in my area, can come in handy when I finally get a band=D Both him and me really feel like we got a connection now I stepped into his tracks and picked up the guitar!:D (he gave me one of his basses in a desperate attempt trying to get me to pick up bass instead, but that failed horribly xD)

My musical tastes are quite diverse. I like to play anything ranging from acoustic stuff (even though I only got an electric but bleh, clean channel works too:p), alternative rock, some punk, hell even bluesXD I feel sticking to one genre is only limiting yourself. But in all honesty, my main love is and will always be metal, more specifically symphonic metal and power metal:) Something about the sound of a distorted guitar really gets to me.. I love it!
My favorite bands for the moment are: Nightwish, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Firewind, Galneryus and Dragonforce (I used to be VERY sceptic about dragonforce, untill I went to Herman Li's workshop in belgium.. His passion for music was admireable, and he earned my respect as both a musician and a person, he's a really cool guy^^) smile.gif

Now for the reason I'm here: I feel like my playing really isn't going anywhere, where I am now just doesn't satisfy me. I want to be more clean, more accurate, more tight, basically a better player, so I decided to take a complete new start and build back up from the basics and this site seemed like a great way to do just that!

Sorry for the wall of text but bah, at least it'll make my introduction be remembered! All be it in a bad way, but like the saying goes, there is no bad publicity!

Greetz from Belgium and rock on all!;)

PS. I used paypal to pay for this place so my account is linked to the paypal email adress, but that e mailadress isn't my main one anymore.. I tried changing the adress this site is linked to to my main in the my controls area, but when it asks for my password it keeps telling me I filled in the wrong pass, even though it's the same one I used to log in to the site?:S Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong..?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cingen: May 7 2010, 09:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
May 7 2010, 09:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome aboard mate smile.gif

Ghent is just awesome, I visit it every year, nice places there to drink great beer! cool.gif

For questions regarding paypal etc. contact trhe admins at [email protected] smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
May 7 2010, 09:25 PM
Welcome Gertjan Goetynck (easier typed than said laugh.gif )

I hope you will like the site as much I do smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 7 2010, 10:02 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site man! if any helped is needed let me know!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 8 2010, 10:08 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
guitarX
May 8 2010, 10:53 AM
welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 8 2010, 12:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey cool introduction! I don't mind reading wall of text smile.gif)) Have fun learning guitar, see you round the forum! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 8 2010, 08:23 PM
Instructor
welcome man!

I hosted a guy from Ghent, here in Bogota,

great times!

let me know when you are around biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
May 9 2010, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the site man!. Enjoy your stay here wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cingen
May 9 2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all:D Attended my first live lesson here yesterday and I'm pretty sure I won't regret spending the cash to join this place;)

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
May 10 2010, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 10 2010, 01:15 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Welcome to GMC! A nice introduction! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 10 2010, 05:10 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site man! enjoy your stay!

+Quote Post
Cingen
May 10 2010, 06:33 PM
thanks:D btw, Lian, your lessons about power metal are the main reason I joined laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 10 2010, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cingen @ May 10 2010, 02:33 PM) *
thanks:D btw, Lian, your lessons about power metal are the main reason I joined laugh.gif

awesome!!! glad to hear that man, thanks! smile.gif feel free to ask whatever you need on my board!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
May 10 2010, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
welcome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cingen
May 10 2010, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ May 10 2010, 08:32 PM) *
awesome!!! glad to hear that man, thanks! smile.gif feel free to ask whatever you need on my board!

No prob;) And one question.. When does your next round of GMT programs start?tongue.gif Might be buying myself a webcam for when that time comes:D

+Quote Post
Fre
May 10 2010, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welkom Gertjan! (vanuit België)
Veel plezier en leergenot.

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 10 2010, 08:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cingen @ May 10 2010, 04:18 PM) *
No prob;) And one question.. When does your next round of GMT programs start? tongue.gif Might be buying myself a webcam for when that time comes:D

I don't know, the staff here manage the sing-up threads, so stay tuned and you will know.
cya!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 11 2010, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Gertjan! smile.gif

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask, - we will gladly help smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:24 AM