2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Joe Satriani "why" Not Try, I was in a Satch mood today
UncleSkillet
Oct 12 2008, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to work on my tone and vibrato for about a month or so now because of feedback from the collabs I have joined.

Feeling kind of Satch'ish today I had some fun with my new line 6 tone I have been working on for about a month or so to try and get right.

I no it's not perfect or finshed (still have to shred an improv at the end) but please give it a listen and leave some feadback on what you like and don't like so I can improve.

Thanks

Attached File  Why_Not_Try.mp3 ( 3.28MB ) Number of downloads: 334

EDIT: Did the take over and thank you for your support everyone
Attached File  Why_Not_Try_2.mp3 ( 3.28MB ) Number of downloads: 322

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 13 2008, 08:17 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Oct 12 2008, 11:32 PM
GMC:er
Great man!! Love u vibrato!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 13 2008, 12:04 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Sounded great man! smile.gif Upload that tone when you get it to your liking... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 13 2008, 01:34 AM
Nice!

Well done.

Awesome tune to try by the way.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 13 2008, 02:57 AM
Instructor
I thought it sounded great!

Nice tone and no sour notes smile.gif Keep it up

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Rousseau Mannan
Oct 13 2008, 03:00 AM
Instructor
Sounds great man. Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Check out my MySpace Page
Check out my Website
Check out my Facebook Page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 13 2008, 03:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks everyone.

I uploaded a new mix and did everything over.

I think it sounds better and I will keep working on this.

You guys are great smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 13 2008, 03:26 AM
Man, you are really starting to get real good. smile.gif

Vibrato is killer too. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Oct 13 2008, 03:37 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 13 2008, 03:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Oct 12 2008, 10:26 PM) *
Man, you are really starting to real good. smile.gif

Vibrato is killer too. smile.gif

Thanks

I love you man and you are an inspiration smile.gif

Which take did you like # 1 or # 2

I like #2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 13 2008, 03:42 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 13 2008, 03:39 AM) *
Thanks

I love you man and you are an inspiration smile.gif

Which take did you like # 1 or # 2

I like #2

I defiantly liked take two better. smile.gif

Not as busy as the first one. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 13 2008, 03:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Bro

I only get to jam a few hours once a week or 2 so your comment mean a lot to me

Wish I had more time to practice.

Tonight was fun though

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 13 2008, 09:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I like your take very much! You really captured the vibe of the song well!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Oct 13 2008, 09:43 PM
You captured the feeling of this song completely... Tone is a killer smile.gif

I like take 2 more, it's smoother smile.gif

Well done m8

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 13 2008, 11:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, great ... like it a lot !!

It's true, 2nd take is smoother, but i prefer the sound of the first one.
Well done ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 9 2009, 02:43 AM
Instructor
Dig it - cool takes !

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 9 2009, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Great takes man

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 9 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey thanks guys smile.gif

I took 4 different guitar takes (tracks) and mixed them together playing around with Reaper. I learned alot about recording and a DAW doing this little project. The second upload and mix is better imho.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 16 2009, 03:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
Really cool uploads man, enjoyed listening to both of these a lot smile.gif

I've been doing exactly the same as you the past month or so, really concentrating on the sound and personalisation of my playing. Good vibrato really is one of the most satisfying things on guitar. I'm not there yet, but getting closer!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 16 2009, 03:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I really appreciated your kind words Ajmurrell and I am glad you enjoyed it. I have listened to some of your recordings an you are quite the player so don't be so hard on yourself and your vibrato. You rock man! smile.gif Plus you have a great attitude for a musician and seem like a really nice guy.

Here is another Satriani song I played around with one afternoon if your intrested. This one I really enjoyed jamming to because of the 5/4 timing.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=20705

Cheerio's mate smile.gif

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 15 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Really cool uploads man, enjoyed listening to both of these a lot smile.gif

I've been doing exactly the same as you the past month or so, really concentrating on the sound and personalisation of my playing. Good vibrato really is one of the most satisfying things on guitar. I'm not there yet, but getting closer!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 16 2009, 04:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
Well, at the risk of being unoriginal in my response, I also really appreciated your kind words biggrin.gif You seem like a stand up guy yourself sir smile.gif following your mtp thread with skennington and you're both doing awesome jobs. Dedicated mentoree you have there! Not that I am unimpressed with my very own Bondy, he's doing great!

Listened to your other upload, are you a satriani fan per chance? tongue.gif Some tasty chops in there with some great note control on the long notes. Those are the notes I'm a fan off, the guitar is so expressive with those in particular. The note's just seem to evolve while you let them ring with the right tone.

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 16 2009, 02:57 AM) *
I really appreciated your kind words Ajmurrell and I am glad you enjoyed it. I have listened to some of your recordings an you are quite the player so don't be so hard on yourself and your vibrato. You rock man! smile.gif Plus you have a great attitude for a musician and seem like a really nice guy.

Here is another Satriani song I played around with one afternoon if your intrested. This one I really enjoyed jamming to because of the 5/4 timing.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=20705

Cheerio's mate smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 PM