Popular Music Today.... The Society Sucks
Kevin98497
Mar 14 2008, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
damn i just came up with this conclusion today, the popular music now sucks! lol i noticed, hip hop and rappin stuff yeah? they play it in clubs, but it seems to appear that these types of music realllyy suck because people in the clubs are having to take drugs to enjoy themselves lol, to get things goin, coz the "music" they are playing, really sucks!
i know all the woodstock stuff, weed etc, but thats like just mild compared to the stronger extacy that the people in these clubs have to take to stop them from being bored!

whilst if you go to a iron maiden concert or whatnot, the music gets the people going, yes there are some stoners in the crowd, but most of them actually like the music and that gives them energy to rock out, they dont need drugs to enjoy themselves, they go to these concerts coz the musics good and all, not because "its cool" (well maybe for some scene kids that the reason)

so my conclusion is that im bored thats why im ranting about this
but also that people (like those people, you understand) are stupid, they clearly dont like that squiggle of noise but they carry on listening to it, torturing their little brains mad.gif i wish good music was in the "scene" sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
steve25
Mar 14 2008, 05:57 PM
Unfortunatly that's the UK for you. I agree how can rap be music? There's hardly any music in it is there? That's one of the reasons i like metal is that not only does it sound good but it takes a lot of skill as well. Club music sucks, i've never been to a club before but i've heard plenty of what they play there and its enough to put me off completely.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 14 2008, 06:23 PM
Most pop music today sucks indeed, but there are exceptions.

Btw, i think this is like the 2148390184th thread about this hehe.

This post has been edited by Robin: Mar 14 2008, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 14 2008, 06:27 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 14 2008, 05:23 PM) *

Nah man more like 2148390185th...

I agree, some sucks, some doesnt suck, some is quite good smile.gif

However- at saturday night i dont care what music their playing- ill be at the nightclubs untill the morning..may not like the music- but i just ignore it- theres no point wasting energy hating on anything.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 14 2008, 06:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 14 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Nah man more like 2148390185th...

I agree, some sucks, some doesnt suck, some is quite good smile.gif

However- at saturday night i dont care what music their playing- ill be at the nightclubs untill the morning..may not like the music- but i just ignore it- theres no point wasting energy hating on anything.

I agree, theres no harm in any kinda music is thats what makes people happy smile.gif When i go out clubbing i like to boogie to europop laugh.gif laugh.gif But I wouldnt actually listen to that at home... honest unsure.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
PhoeniX
Mar 14 2008, 07:07 PM
The majority of pop music sucks, but the people listen it, cuz it's simple xD they dont have To deduce anything.
and the metal, the rock, de hard rock, etc. are too complex, and that's what we love!! xD biggrin.gif cool.gif

Sorry for my bad english unsure.gif

This post has been edited by PhoeniX: Mar 14 2008, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Mar 14 2008, 07:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Another big complaint I have is there just doesn't seem to be any guitarists in "popular" music anymore. It seems like the lead guitar has faded out.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 14 2008, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 14 2008, 11:57 AM) *
Unfortunatly that's the UK for you.

You mean every where. wink.gif It's just like that in the US to sad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 14 2008, 07:19 PM
I hate all this Rap/Hip-Hop bashing, because there is a lot of good rap about.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 14 2008, 07:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well you know, people can "hate" pop or rap or whatever...but sometimes its better to just accept that it keeps some people happy, and that because we are mature musicians we know where the real good music is? wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 14 2008, 07:28 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:10 AM) *
You mean every where. wink.gif It's just like that in the US to sad.gif

I have a feeling all the rappers in the US arent to big over in Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, or Japan tongue.gif Popular music varies where you go, I mean hell, Dream Evil are virtually unknown in the US, but in Japan....They LOVE them.

It all depends on location.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 14 2008, 07:34 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 14 2008, 01:28 PM) *
I have a feeling all the rappers in the US arent to big over in Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, or Japan tongue.gif Popular music varies where you go, I mean hell, Dream Evil are virtually unknown in the US, but in Japan....They LOVE them.

I just meant that rap in general is big pretty much everywhere. Of course not in like the Himalayas or Antarctica or anything like that, but rap is hugely popular in all of North and South America and most of Europe. I have no idea what they listen to in Asia or the middle East though tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Mar 14 2008, 07:40 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 14 2008, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 14 2008, 07:28 PM) *

We got exactly the same crap over here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 14 2008, 07:41 PM
I just got 6 words on this subject: "Money makes the world go round" rolleyes.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 14 2008, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 14 2008, 05:23 PM) *

lol yeah but it needs to be reminded that rap isnt music, its talking fast, like my gf, she is a great rapper, can never win a arguement.

QUOTE (Duncan @ Mar 14 2008, 06:19 PM) *
I hate all this Rap/Hip-Hop bashing, because there is a lot of good rap about.

im not rap bashing, im bashing bad music, not targeting rap! infact rapping is probably one of my favourite form of vocals in a band, i like it when funk bands have a lead vocals person who raps sometimes, like chilis, but anthony can sing as well and write good lyrics with a inner meaning such as "Space may be the final frontier But it's made in a Hollywood basement" etc. i just dont like 50 cent making money from having someone who knows two chords on the keyboard in the back repeating the same damn thing and have half a drummer repeating the same damn thing and have his friends goin "yeah!" once in a while... although i do have a secret favour for ludacris there are some pretty good stuff in there tongue.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 14 2008, 06:28 PM) *

i wish i lived in japan! have you seen that thread with paul gilbert and marty fryingpan on japanese tv having a shred off, and when you look on replated videos on youtube, theres loads of other ones, kerry king etc. at least the japanese media stilll

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 14 2008, 09:58 PM
i wish i lived in japan! have you seen that thread with paul gilbert and marty fryingpan on japanese tv having a shred off, and when you look on replated videos on youtube, theres loads of other ones, kerry king etc. at least the japanese media stilll

exactly who is "marty fryingpan"? huh.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 14 2008, 10:26 PM
I hate club music so much. mad.gif I come home from da club
after havin some beers. i take out my iPod and listen to Da Shop Boyz! laugh.gif

"Party like a rockstar. Party like a rock, party like a rock!"

Just kidding. wink.gif Rapping is crap!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Owen
Mar 14 2008, 11:36 PM
As much as I am a total metalhead, one could feasibly argue that all metal is just demonic trash with no talent and animal noise vocals - now all of you here know its a little more refined than that:- thats mainstream opinion, truth is that your perception of other genres of music is pretty much what media outlets tell you, unless you yourselves happen to delve deeper and make investigations of your own.

I remember when I first listened to metal, I hated it, but with generally exposure to anything you can get used to it and even come to really enjoy it - you find your niché in a particular area.

Make no mistake, even if you dont think a record is good theres generally always a LOT of talent coming from somewhere inputted into it, most people here could not produce something as good as your average rap or dance record even if they had the kit to do so.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 14 2008, 11:52 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Mar 14 2008, 06:36 PM) *
As much as I am a total metalhead, one could feasibly argue that all metal is just demonic trash with no talent and animal noise vocals

This is true for death metal, or sreamo. I personally hate it, but
some people like trash and others like other trash.

Does this make sense to u?

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Owen
Mar 15 2008, 12:06 AM
QUOTE (Capt.Z @ Mar 14 2008, 02:52 PM) *
This is true for death metal, or sreamo. I personally hate it, but
some people like trash and others like other trash.

Does this make sense to u?

And some people listen to Linkin Park wink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:08 PM