What The....?, Where on earth did ......
Chris Evans
Sep 24 2008, 10:16 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
This last year go!!! (warning: long post coming up laugh.gif)

I cant believe that today I`ve been here a year! ohmy.gif my first year GMC anniversary! biggrin.gif

Starting off here a year ago I joined for the same reasons as so many of us have, INSPIRATION!

Something that is in abundance at GMC, I hadnt played for several months before joining GMC, mainly through the arrival of my daughter but a general lack of interest in my normal practice routines meant that my guitar had gathered a fair bit of dust!

Now I have the same enthusiasm for guitar as I did when I first picked up a guitar over 20 years ago!! (gawd) so a huge THANK YOU to GMC first of all!

During the last year I`ve met and made people who I`d certainly call "friends" starting first and foremost with Muris, what a guy! what an instructor but man! what a guitarist!! a true inspiration & meeting him in London was definatly a highlight of this past year! so

Muris, thank you for spending the time to help me become a better player but mainly thanks for being a mate smile.gif

Being made senior and moving into the moderating side of things seemed a little unreal (kinda still does) I never thought that I could help out and make a difference to such a great website, others thought differently, Kris and Andrew have fully supported me with so many different things that I wouldnt know where to start,

Kris, again you are a true inspiration to all of us, I cant thank you enough for creating GMC and taking the time to offer me the support and oppotunities that you have done this last year, I cant actually post what I said when I turned on my PC that day I got in from work to find a whole new sub forum for the Virtual Bands, but a change of underwear was required! laugh.gif thank you so much for everything smile.gif

Andrew, my skypeing buddy, I bug Andrew with questions on how to do this and how to do that with reaper, ezdrummer, can you look at this video, what do you make of this audio etc etc, I`m sure he must get sick to death of me laugh.gif but he always answers, if he has time he always give me the time, I only wish he hadnt moved to the US, then I could bug him even more!!! laugh.gif a lot of what I do is motivated by your support, thank you! smile.gif

To all the instructors, Marcus, David, Gariel, Ivan, Trond, I apologise I cant list everyone out, but this is for all of you, thank you so much for your time and efforts and your dedication to us, I for one and I speak for sooo many of us thank you, you really have improved our playing! smile.gif

Behind the scences working on the moderating side of the site we have MickeM, Tony,Matt,Rokchik, Uncreator a truly excellent bunch of people, I`ve enjoyed meeting (so to speak smile.gif) each and every one of you, thanks guys smile.gif

Finally to all the members of GMC, you make GMC what it is! all of you guys ROCK! the guys that follow my SI lessons a huge thank you it means a lot to me that I can pass on even the smallest amount of knowledge, extra special thanks to my chums Bondy and Skenny, you guys rock!!

Thanks for listening, sorry its been a long post, I just wanted to show my appreciation to as many people as possible.

Heres to many more years at GMC ... CHEERS! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Sep 24 2008, 03:06 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Smells   What The....?   Sep 24 2008, 10:16 AM
- - -Zion-   i hear ye.. great community with loads of great pe...   Sep 24 2008, 10:32 AM
- - Canis   Indeed, GMC is problaby the best place on the plan...   Sep 24 2008, 10:35 AM
|- - sidewas lightning   QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 24 2008, 05:35 AM) Ind...   Sep 24 2008, 08:57 PM
nnn
- - Rated Htr   Great to hear that Chris ...GMC Rocks   Sep 24 2008, 10:35 AM
|- - Marcus Lavendell   Happy anniversary!   Sep 24 2008, 11:20 AM
nnn
- - Kristofer Dahl   Hehe it's been fantastic to have had you aroun...   Sep 24 2008, 12:02 PM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   Any time mate - wish I was still in the UK so I co...   Sep 24 2008, 12:16 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   Happy Anniversary mate,I'm glad we met indeed...   Sep 24 2008, 12:19 PM
nnn
nnn
- - MickeM   We're as happy to have you at GMC as you expre...   Sep 24 2008, 12:10 PM
- - OrganisedConfusion   Cool. A whole year here. I'm coming round to ...   Sep 24 2008, 12:29 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Happy anniversary my friend, great to have you wit...   Sep 24 2008, 03:02 PM
- - skennington   Dang, it's been a year already, man, how time ...   Sep 24 2008, 04:03 PM
- - Emir Hot   This is nice to hear. Happy anniversary and keep u...   Sep 24 2008, 04:15 PM
- - Smells   QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 24 2008, 04:15 PM) ...   Sep 24 2008, 04:20 PM
- - Bondy   Wow a whole year youve been a great help t...   Sep 24 2008, 04:30 PM
- - rokchik   Congrats on the anniversary Chris!!!...   Sep 24 2008, 04:34 PM
- - kaznie_NL   Long post indeed Congrats Chris, I'm happy to...   Sep 24 2008, 05:36 PM
- - tonymiro   Going to have to ban you now Chris - you were warn...   Sep 24 2008, 06:14 PM
- - Fran   Happy Anniversary Chris, GMC is so great thanks to...   Sep 24 2008, 07:49 PM
- - Lian Gerbino   Happy anniversary!   Sep 24 2008, 08:36 PM
- - sigma7   Happy Annerversary! This place sure is awesome...   Sep 24 2008, 09:00 PM
- - Smells   QUOTE (sigma7 @ Sep 24 2008, 09:00 PM) Ha...   Sep 24 2008, 09:44 PM
- - Stevie·Ray·Vaughn   Your anniversary is on my birthday   Sep 27 2008, 06:49 PM
- - g-forcelover   My 1 year anniversary was 4 days ago. i missed. bu...   Sep 27 2008, 06:56 PM
- - RIP Dime   Congrats! I hope GMC will continue to inspire ...   Sep 27 2008, 07:32 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Hey congrats Smells with a little delay!! ...   Sep 28 2008, 01:54 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:02 PM