Ahoy, from Brent
Boundary Layer
Jul 23 2007, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
Figured I'd get at least one post under my belt since I'm not apt to post too much later on (just not my nature).

I'm Brent, a 22yr old engineering student in Winnipeg. I began playing guitar about a month ago. For longer than I can actually remember I'd been wanting to learn how, but for one reason or another I always put it off (typical student lacking time due to studying, lacking money due to tuition costs, etc). Recently, I kinda stumbled my way into owning a Line 6 Spider III 30W practice amp and decided it was time.

I've got no guitar of my own to speak of yet. I'm waiting for the local Long & McQuade to finally recieve the SA260FM AMB that I've been wanting to test play. I've been trying to decide between it and an RG350DX. As far as looks go I much prefer the SA, just want to know how it feels in comparison to the RG.
Currently, I'm practicing on a rented Gibson SG standard (as best I can tell). It's probably a few years old, and it doesn't have the original pickups. My belief is that the store swapped them out for something cheaper. Doesn't phase me - it's my lack of ability that causes me to sound like crap at the moment, and not the equipment. wink.gif

I've been enjoying GMC so far. The beginner lessons have been massively helpful (Thanks Kris!). I could certainly do to get much quicker at the beginner licks, but that'll come in time (or so I hope). For the last few days I've been working on Gabriel's 'John Frusciante Style' lesson, and can play that one at speed now. Gotta say that it was a pretty satisfying moment when I finally got that. I'll be moving on to one of his blues lessons that's mentioned on the beginner page next.
I can't wait to be able to accurately play some of his more advanced lessons. Nothing against what the other instructors have put up, but Gabriel's are my favourite - just something to do with the tone, style, and actual melodies he chooses for his lessons that agrees with me more than the rest. They feel (or are) more like music than manufactured exercises.

Anyways, like I said, you'll probably not see me post a lot, but I'll be lurking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Beginner
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 23 2007, 10:20 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome, feel free to lurk, maybe we'll draw you out occasionally smile.gif Let us know if you have any questions, well you probably won't but we wish you would, we are a friendly bunch!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 23 2007, 11:18 PM
Welcome to GMC, Brent!

I second Andrew said and encourage you to keep practising! You will get those licks up to speed in time!

+Quote Post
Boundary Layer
Jul 24 2007, 12:17 AM
wink.gif
Thanks guys

--------------------
Beginner

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:45 AM