Got My V-pick Today
Praetorian
Jul 27 2008, 01:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I have to say my first impression isn't great. The pick is so thick, that I am getting a LOT of string buzzing off the pick itself! I have tried holding it many different ways, and am still getting the same effect. I am not giving up on it yet, but so far I am a little disappointed. Also, the whole "sticky" when it gets warm thing doesn't work like in the videos. It seems to feel the same and won't stick to my thumb like the presentation shows. I'll let you know once I try it some more. dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Tjchep
Jul 27 2008, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
Buzzing from the pick? I don't get it..

I think they are absolutely awesome picks. thickness is the best too. keeps the hand more relaxed imo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 27 2008, 01:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 26 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Buzzing from the pick? I don't get it..

I think they are absolutely awesome picks. thickness is the best too. keeps the hand more relaxed imo.

What I mean is, like fret buzzing, the pick actually causes string buzzing as I am picking the string again. The string buzzes against the pick for an instant. It is hard to describe, but it is quite noticable. Maybe I am just not used to the pick yet.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:40 PM