> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2014, 04:29 AM
Instructor
hehehe that's the Santa that every guitarist love! I hope that you have been a good kid this year... laugh.gif

About picking and dynamics, please have a look at the section of this videos that starts at 8:00:

http://youtu.be/kCc9gnPkvts?t=8m16s

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 12 2014, 02:29 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Haha I hope so smile.gif

The Gilbert video were good, I tried to hit to string harder before but I will try to apply the things Paul said about picking with more from the pick to get accentuate sound.

I might aswell turn into your Video chat today smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2014, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Nov 12 2014, 10:29 AM) *
Haha I hope so smile.gif

The Gilbert video were good, I tried to hit to string harder before but I will try to apply the things Paul said about picking with more from the pick to get accentuate sound.

I might aswell turn into your Video chat today smile.gif

Yes! That video is very interesting because Paul's alternate picking is killer. His approach to be able to pick strong is effortless, so that's why I wanted you to check the video. Experiment with this trick since it's very effective.

About the Vchat session, I had to move it to Friday at 21 hs because of some family issues, I hope that you could assist!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 18 2014, 01:51 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

How were your weekend?? smile.gif
My weekend was good, I went to my grandma and tried to play some mandolin, it was hard but a lot of fun biggrin.gif
I am apologizing for the lack of videos, I aim to record one video this week smile.gif
The reasons my videos are coming late to you is because it has been kinda tough in school and it is so boring to practice accenting notes tongue.gif
So if you got any inspirational quote or video I would love to have a look at it smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Nov 18 2014, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2014, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, I'm fine thanks. My weekend has been different since we didn't play with the band. I had a great time at a birthday's party on friday, I helped my girlfriend with her band (we are recording their first EP) and on Sunday we visited our family and had a nice sunny day out with Mate and guitar. So it's been cool and relaxing.

Give me a list of 5 songs that you'd like to learn to play.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2014, 03:33 PM
Instructor
Hi again Alex, I have a new idea to experiment.

In order to achieve our guitar goals, it's important to have a well designed routine that keeps us working every day, motivated and sure of what we have to do. I would like to suggest a plan just designed for you and your alternate picking technique. This one can be combined with other techniques and works as it will be a 30 minutes AP routine. You won't be able to master all this stuff in just one week so this plan can be repeated as many weeks as you think you'd should do it. I can also suffer changes later but it's a good guideline to know what to do each day and also, to monitor your progress recording yourself playing the tasks. You could even record youself doing the 30 minutes routine! It would be a great way to be sure that you are totally focused and don't give up in the middle of the routine.

This is the routine:

Alternate Picking - 30 minutes - 6 Days Routine:

Day 1:

10 minutes: Learn "Picking Hand Basics".

10 minutes: Isolate the tricky parts and work on them with metronome.

10 minutes: Practice the lesson over the original take and using the backing tracks.

Day 2:

10 minutes: Start learning this lesson (Picking Arpeggios) and use it as a warming up.

10 minutes: Isolate the trickier parts of this lesson (Alternate Workout II) and work on them as a loop.

10 minutes: Practice alternate picking workout 2 using backing tracks.

Day 3:

10 minutes: Learn the patterns used on this lesson: Pentatonic Licks 1.

10 minutes: Practice each of the patterns using the backings tracks.

10 minutes: Learn a lick that you like from any lesson that uses Alternate Picking lesson and play it over the backing, combined with variations and your own phrases.

Day 4:

10 minutes: Learn the first 18 seconds of this lesson: Alternate Workout

10 minutes: Work on each lick over metronome.

10 minutes: Practice the licks connected over the backing track.

Day 5:

10 minutes: Learn the first 15 seconds of this lesson: AP - Upstroke focus

10 minutes: Work on each lick over metronome.

10 minutes: Practice the licks connected over the backing track.

Day 6:

10 minutes: Learn the first two parts of this lesson: Alternate Picking chops

10 minutes: Practice the licks over the backing tracks.

10 minutes: Improvise your own ideas combined with the AP licks and creating your own variations.

Notes:

- Notice that this is mostly a technique routine so you should combine it with some more creative stuff and even include it duirng this routine. Always dedicate some minutes to just play along with the backings.

- Use a notepad to transcribe this routine and write notes about how the practice was. Everything that happened and you think during the practice and be good info for the future. It's also good if you write the tempos reached and what are the apparent problems that you had during the practice.

- If you have an extra day, (7th day) use it just to learn some random licks that use AP and use them to improvise.

What do you think?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 19 2014, 07:03 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 18 2014, 08:53 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel smile.gif

That was a large routine with a lot of different variations but I really appreciate that you has personalized it for me biggrin.gif
Right now I think this will help me with my Alternate Picking for sure smile.gif But I am gonna try it out for 6 days and give you feedback about it later on.
I am extremely grateful that you put so much work into helping me becoming a better player biggrin.gif

Anyways I want to make sure that I understand this the way you want, this just became my alternate picking exercises but I will stick to the Rhythm and Phrasing lessons?
Do you still want the list of 5 songs that I want to learn?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2014, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Well. I think that we can change a bit the direction. Let work on the new alternate picking routine which I think will be a good way to refresh your diary practice and please share with me 5 songs that you'd like to learn and I'll see how to organize the remaining hour that you have for playing guitar...

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 18 2014, 10:43 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 19 2014, 11:44 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey! Gabriel! biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to this changes and to see what you have in mind, changes are always refreshing smile.gif

My five song list would be the following
1. Joe Satriani - Summer Song
2. Joe Satriani - The Extremist
3. Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You
4. Muris Varajic - Final Dance
5. Joe Satriani - Crushing Day
6. Muris Varajic - She goes by

Was to be limited to just five songs tongue.gif
Hope this will be good biggrin.gif And again looking forward to see how this turns out smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Nov 19 2014, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2014, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Cool! Let's go for "Always with me, always with you".

The plan would be also a 6 days routine that can be combined with the AP one.

Day 1:

- Learn the chord progression used for the intro. Analyze it and try to find out which scales work over it. (10 minutes)
- Learn the first melody until 00:45. (10 minutes)
- Play the melody over the original song and if it's possible over a backing track. (5 minutes)
- Create your own variations of the motif combining your own phrases and changes. (5 minutes)

Day 2:

- Learn the melodies from 00:46 to 1:04. (10 minutes)
- Play the melody over the original song and if it's possible over a backing track. (5 minutes)
- Play the song from the beginning to 1:04.
- Create your own variations of the motif combining your own phrases and changes. (5 minutes)

Day 3:

- Analyze the progression from 1:04 to 1:31. Write down the chords and try to see what happens with tonality. (10 minutes)
- Learn the solo from 1:04 to 1:31 (20 minutes)

Day 4:

- Learn the melodies from 1:31 to 1:53 (10 minutes)
- Combine this new melodies with all the previous parts playing along with the song (20 minutes)

Day 5:

- Learn the tapping section from 1:53 to 2:12. (15 minutes)
- Practice the part over metronome and the backing. (15 minutes)

Day 6:

- Learn the solos from 2:12 to 2:31 and the song's final lick. (10 minutes)
- Practice the whole tune. (20 minutes)

Please check out this plan and let me know what you think. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 19 2014, 06:29 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I think this seems to be a very fun a entertaining exercise biggrin.gif
Looking forward to practice this stuff smile.gif

Right now I think it looks amazing, I will write down important stuff during the week and give you feedback later on

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2014, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Great! I'll wait for news! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 26 2014, 04:15 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hola amigo!
About the routine, it has a total of 60 min not 90 min as I got to practice. I saw this the last days but my practice time has been 90 min everyday so far, so I have been practicing these lessons for a total of 90, do you want me to keep doing that or should we change it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2014, 04:45 PM
Instructor
Yes. You can use that extra 30 minutes for free jamming, playing something that attracted your attention that day like a new riff, a part of a song or a lesson, composing, playing along with songs, learning easy songs by ear or just use it for the parts of the current routine that need more time. Use it freely. wink.gif

How do you feel with the current routines? Do you find the specific times for each topic possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 26 2014, 07:44 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds good to me smile.gif I will use it wisely wink.gif

I really enjoy the exercises and I feel like it is a good practice for me while it is fun smile.gif I think you has estimated the time for each section in a good way, and I think it is perfect with time so far smile.gif

I tried to practice this both Day 4 and Day 5 and I get pain in my pinky for the stretching or something, I want to play it though because it is a nice sounding lick but a bit disappointing I left that exercise for healthy reason.

And I have to admit that before I got this new routine, it happened that I would lose my focus and check some other things. But I stay a lot more focused and motivated now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2014, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Awesome!! I'm so happy of reading this. We must to give priority to fingers health so interrupt the practice if you feel some hurt. Get back to guitar later or the following day. Also remember to do massages and stretches before every guitar routine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 27 2014, 09:11 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Will try to do it in the upcoming days, did it today and did not felt any pain so far smile.gif
Yeah I usually do stretches before every guitar session, and will start doing these massages again.

Also regarding the lesson notes, you will get them this weekend. But do you want me to post all of the notes as a reply in this thread or should I attach a file with the notes inside?

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 28 2014, 05:40 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I am thinking about participating in a guitar competition, so I will use my 30 extra min to see if I come up with something beautiful in the upcoming days to decide if I will participate or not smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Nov 29 2014, 12:45 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2014, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Awesome! We can work on the competition solo here! Feel free to post your ideas and I will give you my thoughts in order to hep you to get the best of you. smile.gif

About the notes, you can post them here. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 29 2014, 08:07 PM
Learning Chord Basher
So Here is my notes for this week smile.gif

Week 1

Day 1
Picking Hand Basics: I struggled most with the triplets dynamics
part so I chose to practice the just right hand along with
Guitar Pro, so I could put all my focus onto the right hand part
and forget to left hand for a moment.
But then reached 105bpm with both right and left hand.

Always With Me, Always With You: I need to work more on my
arpeggios. Reached 70 bpm.
Chord Progression: Badd11-Emaj7add13-F#sus4, with variations
first variation is that you play a G# instead of F# on the E string
in the F#sus4 chord. Second variation is that you play a F# chord after
you play F#sus4.

Badd11 got the notes: B-D#-E
Emaj7add13 got the notes: E-G#-C#-D#
F#sus4 got the notes: F#-B-C#

You should be able to play B major over Badd11
because they share B-D#-E and it sounds good.
Over Emaj7add13 E major they share E-G#-C#-D# and it sounds good.
and last but not least F#sus4 B major and F# major, they share F#-B-C# and it sounds good.

Always With Me, Always With You Melody: Reached 115 bpm.

Day 2

Picking Arpeggios: Reached 65 bpm

Alternate Picking Workout: The first 24 bars is definitly the hardest part of the lesson
so I chose to practice this separately at 130 bpm.

Always With Me, Always With You: Reached 95 bpm
Did whole song at 95 bpm

Day 3

Was little sick this day, so the results might not be my 100%
Pentatonic Rock Licks Part 1, Started at 60 bpm, reached 67 bpm.

I chose https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Minor_...r_Intermediate/ section 2 Reached 80 bpm.

Always With Me, Always With You the chord progression changes to Bmadd9-Emadd9-F#sus4-Gadd9
The tonality becomes minor instead of major.

Melody: The part between 1:10-1:14 is the one that I struggle with so the solo got to 55 bpm.

Day 4

Alternate Workout: This were a real workout. This were also tough for my pinky, it even frooze at a point and after
that I decided to stop work on this for today, will try again tomorrow for a bit. Reached 50 bpm. It was also a really fun exercise,
really enjoyed it.The hardest part of this lesson is to get the hand synchronization, but I guess I just gotta work that up.

Melody so this part were pretty easy compared to yesterday's simply because this is basiclly the intro but played on a different string
and I got the intro melody stuck in my head so I can play it pretty easy.
Got to the speed 100 bpm.

I practiced the whole song today at 65 bpm. The hardest part was the legato run from Day 3.

Day 5

Alternate Picking - Upstroke Focus
Took a while for me to get down the last pattern so could only reach 55 bpm

Always with Me,Always with you tapping part, reached 65 bpm

Practices also Alternate Workout here without pain.

Day 6

Alternate Picking Chops: Reminds me a bit of Paul Gilbert licks.Reached 60 bpm.

Always with Me, Always With You: It is really hard to do a full step bend at 21 fret with 22 frets neck.The parts in this one took much time for me to get up to speed
so I wasn't able to practice the song as much as it was planned.
The tapping part needs more practice and very last part was the ones that I couldn't play decent at 65 bpm.

Regarding the competition, I got recorded something I came over tonight and I thought it sounded pretty cool. Need to practice it a bit more though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlUjD7Nep8...eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Nov 29 2014, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:05 AM