Dream Theater Collaboration, Final mix and comments
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 23 2009, 04:25 AM
GMC:er
Here are the final mix and the comments of the Dream Theater Collaboration. I hope you like it. Congratulations to all of the participants. You've done a great job. I'm quite surprised!. And to those of you who couldn't, I'll wait to you in the next one

Attached File  Dream_theater_collaboration_Final_mix.mp3 ( 6.24MB ) Number of downloads: 230

Blazerok (0:00 - 0:43): Very nice technique!. You should pay more attention on the duration of the notes you’re playing. They are minimun mistakes, but it blackened a little your excelent work. You should work too on the cleannes on your playing in some fast licks. Work on these details and I’m sure that we’ll be in front of a really good player in a near future wink.gif

Tjchep (0:43 - 1:22): There was something that called my atenttion on this take. You left the firsts bars of the backing without solo. It’s not bad at all, just called my attention. The solo idea in general is fine but you must pay attention to some rhythmic problems that I noted at the end of the solo, but the rest is very very cool. Congrats!

Dexxter (1:22 - 2:02): Very nice melody in the beggining and in the slow part!. And very nice the contrast with the final. I noted some tempo problems in the first part. You should pay more attention , but again, you’ve done a great job.

TheKeplerConjecture (2:02 - 2:42): Very nice beggining, doubling the riff idea, and already better in the slow part with that melody a bit dark that gives a great touch to the idea. The only thing that I think you missed is that maybe you should make the solo explode, adding some agressive stuff. Apart from that, it’s an excelent job. Congrats!

Marc_Maiden (2:42 - 3:22): Very nice ideas, but you have to pay more atenttion in working some fast lines. I noted some tempo and excecution problems. The general idea of the solo is very nice, but it's blackened by these details. I suggest you to work these fast lines with metronome so you can develop more precition in your play beggining very slow and then increasing speed little by little. Let's get on work!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Santiago Diaz Garces: Jul 27 2009, 04:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 23 2009, 11:30 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 23 2009, 05:25 AM) *
Dexxter (1:22 - 2:02): Very nice melody in the beggining and in the slow part!. And very nice the contrast with the final. I noted some tempo problems in the first part. You should pay more attention , but again, you’ve done a great job.

Thanks for the compliments Santiago smile.gif But I don't understand which notes you mean, can you be more specific?

Thanks for the comments and collab smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Jul 23 2009, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 22 2009, 10:25 PM) *
TheKeplerConjecture (2:02 - 2:42): Very nice beggining doubling the riff idea, and already better in the slow part with that melody a bit dark that gives the a great touch to the idea. The only thing that I think you missed is that maybe you should make the solo explode, adding some agressive stuff. Apart from that, it’s an excelent job. Congrats!

Thank you very much for putting this together and thanks for the advice! That's definitely something I'll pay more attention to in the future.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 24 2009, 01:50 AM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 23 2009, 04:25 AM) *
Tjchep (0:43 - 1:22): There was something that called my atenttion on this take. You left the firsts bars of the backing without solo. It’s not bad at all, just called my attention. The solo idea in general is fine but you must pay attention to some rhythmic problem that I noted at the end of the solo, but the rest is very very cool. Congrats!

My solo is about half a second off from the backing track. I didnt want a solo over the first few bars. Wanted the track to breathe a bit. ;p

Thanks for the words tho man.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 24 2009, 01:34 PM
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 23 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Thanks for the compliments Santiago smile.gif But I don't understand which notes you mean, can you be more specific?

Thanks for the comments and collab smile.gif

Pay more atenttion on the fast lines of the first 15 seconds of the solo.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 24 2009, 06:36 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 24 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Pay more atenttion on the fast lines of the first 15 seconds of the solo.

Sorry, but I don't hear any tempo problems huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 25 2009, 09:23 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
thankts a lot for the comments! i will work on my fast licks to get them better! smile.gif
its been a really fun collaboration and the final mix is great!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 27 2009, 04:04 AM
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 24 2009, 06:36 PM) *
Sorry, but I don't hear any tempo problems huh.gif

Sorry, I've made a mistake. What I was trying to tell is that in the last 15 seconds, the fast lines are not so clear. It's not bad at all, but the rhythmic presicion isn't perfect. If you have any doubt, just ask me

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 27 2009, 12:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 27 2009, 05:04 AM) *
Sorry, I've made a mistake. What I was trying to tell is that in the last 15 seconds, the fast lines are not so clear. It's not bad at all, but the rhythmic presicion isn't perfect. If you have any doubt, just ask me

Ah, ok wink.gif I know what you mean, I will keep working on that wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 29 2009, 07:18 AM
Great!. Hope to see you on the next collab wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:29 PM