Ngd! Eleven Rack Processor
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2014, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Anyone else have an ELEVEN RACK processor? I was trying not to buy new gear and failed badly and now I have one on the way smile.gif For those who read this and want to post "I'd have gotten an axe effects" Good news!! You still can wink.gif However, I've got one of these on the way so probably holding of on axe effects for now.

Anyone have both by chance?

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?...=AR-DG-ELVNR-02

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 10 2014, 03:38 AM
Congrats, Todd. When I first played this ages ago, I thought it had really great sounding medium gain tones compared to the Line 6 modellers of that generation.

So, out of interest, why *didn't* you hold out for one of the shiny new processors like Axe FX II or Kemper Profiling Amp?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 10 2014, 03:45 AM
Its actually quite popular though I didn't had a chance to try one or find many reviews about it. I also heard its pretty at clean to mid gain sounds so probably should sound nice too with a pedal for lead stuff too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2014, 06:16 AM
I sure hope smile.gif If it won't DJENT I'll be pretty irked!!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 9 2014, 10:45 PM) *
Its actually quite popular though I didn't had a chance to try one or find many reviews about it. I also heard its pretty at clean to mid gain sounds so probably should sound nice too with a pedal for lead stuff too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 10 2014, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Probably of of the best and not that expensive alternatives for AXe FX smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2014, 01:42 AM
My thinking exactly smile.gif I like the AXE FX and KEMPER of course smile.gif But I"m not up for putting that kind of money in one piece of gear.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 10 2014, 07:39 AM) *
Probably of of the best and not that expensive alternatives for AXe FX smile.gif ))

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Mar 11 2014, 06:35 PM
Fair enough.

Have you spent much time with the Line 6 HD series? I guess you're very comfortable with rackable gear... but when I did the modelling thing (again!) a year or two ago, I ended up going with an HD500 just because it had all the footswitching integrated into one floor-based unit.

I've never owned a rack setup! It's always been a little bit daunting for me, haha.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 11 2014, 06:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on a new piece of gear! smile.gif

That thing looks very cool. Out of curiosity, what is its street price?

I'd be really curious to hear your impressions about the unit and how it compares to software modeling in terms of sound and dynamics. I think such units are future of recording and studios will just get smaller and smaller - just like cell phones and computers smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 11 2014, 07:35 PM
Learning Roadie
One of the bad things about it was how quickly AVID stopped supporting it. Backing up preset and using protools as an interface is problematic too or so I've read

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2014, 11:11 AM
I have spent time with them smile.gif I was very impressed with the shear depth of FX. However, the high gain amp sims fell down a bit for me as I just couldn't make them djent properly it seemed. They had plenty of gain, but would tend to start to fizz a bit when really pushed hard and I couldn't get it to make the Metallic/grinding/KRUNCH that I've become quite fond of since using overloud TH1/TH2. For example!!
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/djent-th2-demo-overloud-th2

So in the end, I went another direction and tried the DIGITECH rack mount unit (used by Megadeth for a bit and by ARCH ENEMY) and guess what, SAME PROBLEM!!!!! Uggh. So I sold that unit for a HUGE loss began my search again.

Finally I put a laptop in my live rig. This is somewhat workable but not entirely. I really needed one piece of rack gear that would travel well and just work. I'm hoping the ELEVEN is that bit of gear. Sadly, I have NEVER seen on actually hooked up and ready to use!!!! So I've never played one. Guitar center had one, but they couldn't find a power supply or something, or maybe it was broke or sold and they didn't want to demo it, I have no idea. sad.gif

So I'm waiting with great anticipation for the ELEVEN to arrive. It had better RAWK!!!!: )

Todd

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Mar 11 2014, 01:35 PM) *
Fair enough.

Have you spent much time with the Line 6 HD series? I guess you're very comfortable with rackable gear... but when I did the modelling thing (again!) a year or two ago, I ended up going with an HD500 just because it had all the footswitching integrated into one floor-based unit.

I've never owned a rack setup! It's always been a little bit daunting for me, haha.

The street price is around $900 U.S. (about what I paid for my PRESONUS interface!) I"m pretty curious myself smile.gif I'm a BIIIIGGGGG fan of software modeling as you know and my expecations are high. I decided to buy one after seeing wads of youtube video featuring guys with really heavy tone from this unit.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 11 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Congrats on a new piece of gear! smile.gif

That thing looks very cool. Out of curiosity, what is its street price?

I'd be really curious to hear your impressions about the unit and how it compares to software modeling in terms of sound and dynamics. I think such units are future of recording and studios will just get smaller and smaller - just like cell phones and computers smile.gif

They made the switch to the new PRO TOOLS 11 and sorta ditched everything that ran on 10. The good news is that you don't need pro tools at all to use the ELEVEN RACK smile.gif Which is good news since I don't use pro tools. There is a stand alone app for making presets via your computer.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 11 2014, 02:35 PM) *
One of the bad things about it was how quickly AVID stopped supporting it. Backing up preset and using protools as an interface is problematic too or so I've read

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 12 2014, 11:09 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 13 2014, 12:12 PM
Instructor
Yes...I do agree about ProTools...I afraid if we make statistics for most of people who record at home, the ProTool's users would be minority....

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 13 2014, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
I didn't know about the stand alone app, that's good new then,

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2014, 05:16 PM
IT FINALLY SHOWED UP! And GOOD NEWS!! It doesn't blow chunks!! The presets were JUST AWFUL but within a few hours I was able to make a good lead and rythm tone. FINALLY!!!!

I have been struggling for YEARS to find a processor that didn't just sound terrible and wouldn't make me go broke. I've tried every mid range rack on earth and they all sorta sucked until this one.

NO PRO TOOLS REQUIRED!

*Just released @ NAMM is a stand alone software editor for the eleven rack! If it were not for this I would NOT have bought the unit. I do not use pro tools. Until now, you had to use pro tools to edit your patches. LAME. So now you can use the software editor just like editing a TH2 patch!! I was able to quickly put together some patches smile.gif

Recordings to follow!! These units are SHOCKINGLY CHEAP on ebay if you are willing to risk a used unit. Even new they are now about $700 with pro tools included!. Here is a link.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ele...matchtype=&gclid=COTIot3yj70CFeJF7AodNEgAMg

So for the price it's tough to beat. It also works as a full on front end recording interface (has a built in preamp/mic input) for any Daw including Pro Tools.

it's the first multi unit that has had decent krunch/djent gain/distortion IMHO since the venerable GNX3 (which I still have and will never sell).

Attached Image

the stand alone editor and drastic price slash make this an attractive option IMHO smile.gif It's a pro quality unit with a pro quality build and pro quality sound. I prefer it hands down over the line 6 units I've tried all the way up to the hd pro and to every digitech (including the rack unit) since the gnx line.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:29 PM