7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reality Of Being A Guitar Player
PosterBoy
Oct 23 2012, 08:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Get yourself a good Personal Trainer and even more important a nutritionist, get one involved and with a good track record in the body building scene. With this much time, they can build some muscle and get your bodyfat down to show abs easily

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 23 2012, 08:33 AM) *
Get yourself a good Personal Trainer and even more important a nutritionist

Yeah I would second this.. having someone to guide and motivate you will be a massive help smile.gif

And guys, I really doubt that the band involved is a traditional metal band.. they just wouldn't deal in this kind of way. Or at least I'd hope..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 23 2012, 10:25 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 23 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Yeah I would second this.. having someone to guide and motivate you will be a massive help smile.gif

And guys, I really doubt that the band involved is a traditional metal band.. they just wouldn't deal in this kind of way. Or at least I'd hope..

How is someone with 6 pack of beer not involved in traditional metal??
That's immpossible ? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2012, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 23 2012, 10:25 AM) *
How is someone with 6 pack of beer not involved in traditional metal??
That's immpossible ? tongue.gif

In that case, it would be more than a 6 pack.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
korblitz
Oct 23 2012, 02:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 23 2012, 12:35 PM) *
In that case, it would be more than a 6 pack.. tongue.gif

an 8 pack?

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 23 2012, 06:33 PM
Alex, if it's going to get you to where you want to be then you'll do it!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (korblitz @ Oct 23 2012, 02:22 PM) *
an 8 pack?

Don't be daft!!
A KEG!!!!!
laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
llibach
Oct 23 2012, 08:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
If it's a band you like then go for it. But one thing I'd point out is that if you do get yourself a six pack it's not easy to maintain it, trust me I've done it a few times. It's not like you're cutting weight for as fight or an important event where you can let yourself go after if it's a bands image then I take it that it's going to have to be constant. That means a whole change of lifestyle a lot of work in the gym and a lot of eating boring food. Chicken and rice can get tedious quickly laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 23 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Don't be daft!!
A KEG!!!!!
laugh.gif

That's more like it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 23 2012, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Thank you guys for support actually I got an idea I will post before after pictures gonna work very hard and see what will happen! Have you heard about p90x? Is it good?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2012, 07:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 23 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Thank you guys for support actually I got an idea I will post before after pictures gonna work very hard and see what will happen! Have you heard about p90x? Is it good?

I have no idea Alex. I just had a look right now... Honestly, I am not a big fan of all these marketing boosted things. I can't say they are not working, as I haven't tried them, but somehow they seem fishy to me.

I have paused my fitness training for about 3 months now as I had to work more to get my own fitness devices and raise money for the Aria album/ music video and release. But I am honestly a little scared as I have lost about 3-4 kilos, which I intend to put back on myself and maybe come up to 85 kilos. Now I have 77-78..

My recipe is the following: 8 hrs of sleep, eating what I want but not exaggerating with sweets (the only thing which is not 'health food' in my diet) walking wherever I go about 80% of the time, 4 fitness workouts a week combined with the Ken Jutsu training and soon Zen Meditation early in the morning. It sounds like a lot, but all you need is a little discipline and it's not that hard. I'd say that the training (fitness and Ken Jutsu) would only take up about 1h and 30 minutes of my time 4 days a week while there are two ken Jutsu training sessions at the dojo which need 1h30min each. So I guess 1h30 min almost daily, but trust me I am thanking myself for taking the time to do it.

I will start functional training, which is tiresome and it involves a lot of body weight exercises, but it'll also workout your inner body as well out of what I understood.

My conclusion would be to find a good personal trainer and work with him close at hand - he should tell you what to eat and how to workout in order to obtain the desired results smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 24 2012, 07:17 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 24 2012, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 24 2012, 07:14 AM) *
My conclusion would be to find a good personal trainer and work with him close at hand - he should tell you what to eat and how to workout in order to obtain the desired results smile.gif

Yes. I concur. Don't mess around with second hand info of the 'net or anything. Go straight to someone who knows what he's doing and can monitor your progress with you and get rid of any habits that may set you back. smile.gif

I have paused my fitness training for about 3 months now as I had to work more to get my own fitness devices and raise money for the Aria album/ music video and release. But I am honestly a little scared as I have lost about 3-4 kilos, which I intend to put back on myself and maybe come up to 85 kilos. Now I have 77-78..

My recipe is the following: 8 hrs of sleep, eating what I want but not exaggerating with sweets (the only thing which is not 'health food' in my diet) walking wherever I go about 80% of the time, 4 fitness workouts a week combined with the Ken Jutsu training and soon Zen Meditation early in the morning. It sounds like a lot, but all you need is a little discipline and it's not that hard. I'd say that the training (fitness and Ken Jutsu) would only take up about 1h and 30 minutes of my time 4 days a week while there are two ken Jutsu training sessions at the dojo which need 1h30min each. So I guess 1h30 min almost daily, but trust me I am thanking myself for taking the time to do it.

I will start functional training, which is tiresome and it involves a lot of body weight exercises, but it'll also workout your inner body as well out of what I understood.

Hell, C-Man you've got quite an admirable schedule.. nice one ! biggrin.gif

I haven't done any exercise for ages and I feel guilty but I've been concentrating on guitar related things and improving my mind !

Honestly, I am not a big fan of all these marketing boosted things. I can't say they are not working, as I haven't tried them, but somehow they seem fishy to me.

I agree, they're there for a reason.. no matter the integrity of the creator when setting it up, their first and foremost goal is to make money.. whereas a personal trainer has to produce good results or they get no business. Especially if they're an independent personal trainer, not just someone going through the motions at some gym they work at.

I also find that when I'm surrounded by other people giving it some, I push myself a lot harder than I thought I was capable of. Energy is infectious and nobody wants to be 'the slacker' ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2012, 11:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 24 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Yes. I concur. Don't mess around with second hand info of the 'net or anything. Go straight to someone who knows what he's doing and can monitor your progress with you and get rid of any habits that may set you back. smile.gif

Hell, C-Man you've got quite an admirable schedule.. nice one ! biggrin.gif

I haven't done any exercise for ages and I feel guilty but I've been concentrating on guitar related things and improving my mind !

I agree, they're there for a reason.. no matter the integrity of the creator when setting it up, their first and foremost goal is to make money.. whereas a personal trainer has to produce good results or they get no business. Especially if they're an independent personal trainer, not just someone going through the motions at some gym they work at.

I also find that when I'm surrounded by other people giving it some, I push myself a lot harder than I thought I was capable of. Energy is infectious and nobody wants to be 'the slacker' ! smile.gif

All well pointed my friend! Well, developing the mind and your guitar skills is there anyway - it's in your blood smile.gif So, push yourself towards staying fit as well biggrin.gif I guess it has to be a blessing to live in the countryside.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 24 2012, 12:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 24 2012, 11:14 AM) *
I guess it has to be a blessing to live in the countryside.

Yes it is. I can't imagine living in a city.. just breathing the air isn't the same.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 24 2012, 12:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 24 2012, 08:14 AM) *
I have no idea Alex. I just had a look right now... Honestly, I am not a big fan of all these marketing boosted things. I can't say they are not working, as I haven't tried them, but somehow they seem fishy to me.

Zen Meditation in the morning? ohmy.gif

C'mmon where's the old rock'n' roll rule in that - Sex, Alcohol and heavy metal all night?? cool.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 24 2012, 10:43 AM) *

Go to The Bodybuilding Masterclass Net http://www.BMC.net for Online Muscle improvement active community With over 2000 Workout Lessons

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Oct 24 2012, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 24 2012, 12:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 23 2012, 09:01 PM) *

I have p90, and it is awork out , it does take dedication, cause an hour sweatin aint easy,you will get out of this what you put into it, it would be easier if you had someone to do it with(right now I cant cause my wife is pregnant and she doesnt want me all thin )

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 24 2012, 05:57 PM
what about the old way of rock´n´roll...a beer in the morning and some more during the day keeps your body in shape......lemmy can´t be wrong...

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 24 2012, 06:33 PM
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 24 2012, 06:57 PM) *
what about the old way of rock´n´roll...a beer in the morning and some more during the day keeps your body in shape......lemmy can´t be wrong...

Keep in mind the fact that Lemmy drinks at least one bottle of whiskey a day, and he's done it for over 35 years ...now he's 66 cool.gif
That's Rock n' roll man!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Oct 24 2012, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 24 2012, 06:50 PM
Instructor
Yeah, but Lemmy's f****d. Seriously, you look at him in that 'Lemmy' movie and he's shaking so bad..

He's not as healthy as he could be smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 24 2012, 07:03 PM
not healthy but lemmy rules!!!!

and if I quote from his biography: right after a gig I need someone who takes my bass and a girl who kisses me-.......
I call this healthy! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2012, 02:34 AM
That's life in the big city eh? Got to to look the part to fit the "Packaging" right? But the good news is, you'll end up looking great! So take plenty of press pix and what not so that once off the road and back to regular eating/living, you can have some killer pix for the demo/press pack. Assuming of course you can get a ripping six pack abs set in that short of time. God knows I couldn't.

Branding is a B**TCH but hey, whattya gonna do eh? When Nightwish replaced Tarja, they tarted up the new gal to look just like her, died her hair and everything. When Ben Moody formed a band after Evanescence, he ended up hiring a singer gal that they tarted up just like Amy Lee. I"m sure if I got called to join TYR ( yeah right) they'd want me to get hair extensions and get on steroids. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 21 2012, 04:57 PM) *
Hi guys I wanted to share a story with you that happened today I got a call from a manager of a very big band so they want to hire me but there is a catch I have until march to get 6 pack, retouch my tats and get a new haircut smile.gif
This would be probably the biggest gig in my career yet but it's a lot of work in a short period of time I will do my best to pull it off:) they don't even want me to learn songs or do an audition!
It's not news for me but being a good guitar player is not enough what you guys think about the situation and what would you do?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:59 AM