Ik Multimedia T-racks 3, Master Demo On Iron Maiden Tune, Pretty good mastering suite
The Uncreator
Jun 16 2011, 11:37 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Picked this up a bit ago and I have been messing around with it, It's a mastering suite/ plug-in that is aimed for high-end in house mastering/ mixing. Its also aimed at slightly more experienced users, which is one of the reasons I wanted to get it, to test out how much I have really learned.

Below is a demo of Iron Maiden's "Can I Play With Madness" which I am covering for fun, and to get myself back into recording and such, a small reboot of inspiration. Vocals aren't recorded yet, but the music is all there. I've rearranged the chords, tempos, and instruments to have a bit of fun with it (might be hard to recognize at first). The first bit that plays is the strict mix version, right after that is my first attempt using T-RackS 3, both bits are only about 30 seconds. In which, I am running the Linear Phase EQ, Opto Compressor (which works great), the "Vintage" EQ after that, and a limiter.

So far I am only using it to define the mix better, brighten it up, bring it to a decent volume level, and create some clarity. All the touches are subtle, no band or frequency range is altered by more than 1.5db mostly, and with just a few of these little touches in the right spot, I think it came out pretty good.

Note: Keep your speaker volume at the same level for both listens to see the change best.

Attached File  Can_I_Play_With_Madness__MasterDemo3_.wav ( 14.51MB ) Number of downloads: 167

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2011, 12:28 PM
GMC:er
The Tracks is a very handy plugin and sounds great. Also, check out Izotope Ozone if you haven't already. It's like a channel strip and mastering plugin in one. Not suggesting it as a replacement but just as another trick in the bag. It works well when applied to individual tracks as well as across the Two Bus.

http://izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 17 2011, 03:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah, I have Ozone as well. Both are fantastic suites, although I believe this particular one forces you to have better mixes, its less forgiving, has a higher learning curve, but I think once I become more skilled in its application - It will work out great.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2011, 03:17 PM
Instructor
I'm using a combination of Waves L3 Multiband Compressor/Limiter, coupled with PSP Vintage Warmer, and Waves Lowband for cutting the lower end bellow 30Hz/.

However, the quality of the plugins is not crucial, it's about experience of the mastering engeneer and proper monitoring. Combination of L3 and stock nuendo multiband compressor, coupled with some low grade plugs like Puncher can yield awesome results, if used properly.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:13 PM