Fast Or Faked? Guitar Pro Or Real Guitar?
FAST OR FAKE
IS THIS FAKE? E.G. Guitar Pro?
FAKE [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
NOT FAKE [ 5 ] ** [100.00%]
Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
This is a clip that I created as a sort of test. There is a video glitch at the end. Also, there is no distortion or FX on the guitar. I've seen many vids like this with clean guitar tones that sound like GUITAR PRO and not a real guitar player.

QUESTION: IS THIS FAST OR FAKE?

Do your ears tell you this is really a guitar or does it sound like guitar pro and I'm just doing a MIME over top of it? Also does the glitch at the end make it look more fake?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 10 2021, 07:46 PM
Seemed real to me

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2021, 08:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Seems real to me, the vibrato sounds too natural to be GP and the noise of the pick on the strings.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 10:56 PM
You've got really golden ears Mertay. Your mastered tracks sound killer and you can tell right away this is real not guitar pro. This is the kind of video that I'm reluctant to share on social media for accusations that I've sped it up or I'm faking it somehow because there is a glitch at the end and there are no fx/distortion.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 10 2021, 02:46 PM) *
Seemed real to me

Good ear!!!! I'm going to put this up on social media and see if it get's the usual accusations. The timing at the very end slips
a bit so I"m betting I'll get called FAKE! smile.gif

[

quote name='Phil66' date='Apr 10 2021, 03:40 PM' post='787529']
Seems real to me, the vibrato sounds too natural to be GP and the noise of the pick on the strings.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 10 2021, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 09:56 PM) *

I wonder if I'll live to see the bad apples in the guitar community get bored of jealousy and trolling smile.gif

I remember in the past some placing wall clocks behind them to avoid such trolling but even then people founded ways of trolling and try demotivating them like attacking their tone, baseless comments on technique...

So yeah, screw them smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 10 2021, 11:59 PM
I read all the previous comments but trust me when I say I found it to sound 'real' as well.
I hear the small inconsistencies - the human factor - in the articulation and note lengths.
I've played guitar for 40 something years, I know what it sounds like ... and what it doesn't sound like.

*Some of those vids that have the GuitarPro sound and have been called out as fake and then been "proven" to be real ... I'm still on the fence about. Probably my own bias kicking in because I think why would anyone choose to have their guitar sound like that? Whatever. I'm old laugh.gif

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 11 2021, 12:01 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2021, 02:42 AM
I put it up on instagram to see if it starts attracting trolls like flies to a swamp smile.gif For some reason, this type of lcilp seems to drive traffic in the worst way possible. I think some folks do it just to drive traffic and for no other reason. They are poking the bear with a stick so to speak just for the reaction. I've NEVER posted a "Fake" video where I"m not playing what's being heard (I've mimed it but that's me playing the track) and I've never sped up a bit in post production. It's always just me playing. Still, there is a glitch at the end and it loses synch so we shall see what they say smile.gif

Good ear as always Ken!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 10 2021, 06:59 PM) *
I read all the previous comments but trust me when I say I found it to sound 'real' as well.
I hear the small inconsistencies - the human factor - in the articulation and note lengths.
I've played guitar for 40 something years, I know what it sounds like ... and what it doesn't sound like.

*Some of those vids that have the GuitarPro sound and have been called out as fake and then been "proven" to be real ... I'm still on the fence about. Probably my own bias kicking in because I think why would anyone choose to have their guitar sound like that? Whatever. I'm old laugh.gif

I sometimes wonder the same thing. sadly, I don't think the trolls will ever go away as they are about half or more of the entire interwebs smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 10 2021, 06:23 PM) *
I wonder if I'll live to see the bad apples in the guitar community get bored of jealousy and trolling smile.gif

I remember in the past some placing wall clocks behind them to avoid such trolling but even then people founded ways of trolling and try demotivating them like attacking their tone, baseless comments on technique...

So yeah, screw them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 12 2021, 08:49 AM
Happened (in a different way) to my luthier right after this topic biggrin.gif

He released a video that had 1-2 visual fx on it, I vaguely noticed the beginning of the-video timing might be slight off but so little didn't even call to tell him that.

Later he called me asking if I noticed anything biggrin.gif said he got calls from 3-4 friends pointing that barely noticeable timing issue (with good intention). I told him not to care about it much but I guess the messages kept coming so he re-did the whole thing without adding fx;

I had no idea people were so sensitive to this sort of stuff...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:50 PM