New Guitar Genius?
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2011, 04:55 PM
Instructor
What do you think of this article?

IN 1966, JIMI HENDRIX TORE UP THE RULEBOOK AND CHANGED THE FACE OF ROCK, AS DID EDDIE VAN HALEN IN 1978. AND AT THIS PRECISE MOMENT, MATT BELLAMY OF MUSE IS DOING EXACTLY THE SAME. TG SALUTES THE FIRST GUITAR GENIUS OF THE 21ST CENTURY
WORDS:HENRY YATES

http://www.musewiki.org/Total_Guitar_2007-...w_Guitar_Genius

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 17 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
wow, i mean he is a great player, but comparable to hendrix and evh... i don't think so.

maybe they mean he's one of the few players filling stadiums and playing tapping?

He's not changing or adding something new to the electric guitar i think

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 17 2011, 05:18 PM
Instructor
He is a good player, but I do not see anything spectacular and revolutionary here, maybe I missed something ?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2011, 09:38 PM
Instructor
yeah, it's true that if you compare him with Guthrie or guys like that he is a normal guitar player... he is innovative because of the use of some effects but the genius behind him is thanks to the combination of his singing, his piano playing, his guitar playing and his awesome compositions.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 17 2011, 10:17 PM
The Dark Canuck
I think it's all subjective really and some might not agree with the comparisons, however I do think that Bellamy is certainly doing things today that no one else is really doing (like Hendrix and EVH in their day) Like Gabriel, I think his quote, unquote genius has to do with the combination of his musicianship, singing and compositions. He's a total package as a guitarist/ entertainer, a true talent and he is original!!!

The song Hysteria was the first thing I ever heard from Muse and it just blew me away. The whole album Absolution blew me away and I haven't been disappointed by anything they have done to date. I kind of agree with the article actually.... he might not be reinventing the wheel but he's definitely doing some cool things with it.

rok

PS: Knights of Cydonia is simply BRILLIANT!!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2011, 11:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Its all subjective really. I think we all know that Guthrie is probably the closest thing to being a groundbreaking guitarist, technique wise and tone wise.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:45 PM