Howdy From Texas, Intoduction
rlejr
Dec 24 2009, 07:19 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMC.

I'm 49 years old with a wife, two kids and I make a living as a systems engineer for IBM. I have been playing guitar for 30+ plus years, with a couple of long breaks away from regular playing. I'm an ear player, very lacking in theory, scale knowledge and speed picking techniques, however I have achieved reasonable success with what I have taught myself along the way. Since 2000 I have owned a home studio and managed to write, arrange and record quite a few original tunes. Rock and blues mostly. Lately with a Christian slant....but not the formulaic stuff you normally hear(IMO).

My music at this link if interested.........Visit My Website

I recently took the job as lead guitar player for my church worship band. I've decided now is the time to get serious about my playing. I'm here to address all the areas I cite as lacking above. I think I have come to the right place. GMC is a fantastic resource. I've never been this excited about my guitar playing future before. I'm very thankful to have stumbled across GMC during some aimless web surfing.

I've already begun working through some of Kristofer's playing lessons and reading through Andrew Cockburns' theory lessons. Wonderful....hats off to both of you for sharing your knowledge.

I'm also interested in getting involved in some collaboration projects and eventually initiating a few of my own.

2010 is going to be a good guitar year......Happy Holidays

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 24 2009, 07:39 AM
Instructor
Awesome introduction. Welcome to GMC smile.gif You have found the right thing man.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Dec 24 2009, 08:55 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif Great songs, especially: "Home", "Driftin" and "Gave me this woman to"!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 24 2009, 09:02 AM
Instructor
Great intro, man! Welcome to GMC and happy holidays too smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 24 2009, 09:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC! And it will be nice to have some more studio people around!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Dec 24 2009, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 24 2009, 03:54 PM
Welcome! Very nice intro, and you will find tons of info and support here. I recommend that you take a look at the the collaborations if you haven't already. If you are playing lead guitar, it's a nice way to work on your chops with different styles of music, you know mix things up a bit and expand the horizons. cool.gif

Merry Christmas laugh.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 24 2009, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC!

will be fun to be in some collabs with you, smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 24 2009, 07:25 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome from North Carolina man! You'll love the site! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 24 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
welcome from kansas. i am afew years younger, but my seven kids make up for it .if you put your time to good use you will be suprised at what will happen . I just dedicated this to the helpful folk here, see if you can catch it ?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32726

+Quote Post
rlejr
Dec 24 2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Thanks for giving my tunes a listen Piotr. Glad you liked them.....'Home' is one of my favorites.

Nice tune Jstcrsn. I agree with the Alice and Chains vibe.

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Dec 26 2009, 06:53 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! Happy holidays to you too smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 26 2009, 07:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Dec 27 2009, 09:51 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Ross!
Yes, you've come to the right place, definitely !!!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:15 PM