Writing Lyrics
superize
Jul 27 2011, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
My band is currently in the process of writing a song and so far we have got most of the instrumental parts done but we still lack of good lyrics.

Whats your normal approach when ccoming up with lyrics, do you have any special trick or do you try your way do it or does it come natural to you?

i am interesting to any kind of tips you can come up with

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2011, 10:56 PM
Instructor
hey mate! About writing lyrics - the only trick is BE HONEST! smile.gif write about things that actually happened to you or to those around you, things that left a mark on you, good, bad, regardless. Don't try to write about dragons and wizards and goblins tongue.gif it won't work out too good.

I wrote lyrics for the 5 songs which I am currently working on with my project called Aria and I went for the following stuff:

- the way I used to get attracted to the wrong kind of women and never learned from my past mistakes, thus always got bruised
- enjoy life just the way it is and don't let yourself put down no matter what
- family violence (thank goodness not in mine, but in one of my ex girlfriend's) and the things that come along with it
- the de-humanization of our souls as a result of technology and the artificial life we tend to replace the real one with, more and more
- the way in which we come and go, visiting each other's lives. The 'gifts' we receive from one another and how we should cherish them for the great moments they are and the nice memories they become, instead of regretting that the people who came to visit our lives left so quickly.

This is how it works for me smile.gif so give yourself a little time, and think about what approach should work for you!

What do you think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 27 2011, 11:10 PM
Instructor
yes, Cosmin said it right. Being honest is one of the most important parts of creating good lyrics. It's important to write often, and to learn some of the tricks of the poetry trade as well. Poetry can be a skill that can be learned to some extent (meaning you can learn the rules on how to combine words). Other than that, you have to be honest about the topic that you write, and don't attempt to write something you know little about, it will come out untrue. Always write about the stuff you know most about.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:28 AM