Under The Influence, A Personal Challenge
Ayen
Feb 24 2008, 07:20 AM
GMC:er
So I've been compelled by something lately to learn Under the Influence (Rusty Cooley) and I've finally pulled up the tab and watched his videos enough to start learning it. So far, I've spent like 2 hours just learning the first minute, and while I'm not yet anywhere near mastering the notes, I've decided to start a thread documenting my level of insanity as I learn more of the song. I'm going to be updating this thread with more and more .mp3s, and hopefully I'll actually end up mastering at least most of it.

Now, given the fact that Cooley plays it on a 7-string, and I only have a wimpy little 6-string, It's definitely going to be harder. I'm just going to try and just play it as well as I can.

So, here's the first recording. Keep in mind, this isn't anywhere near as good as it can be. In this, I'm not warmed up at all, so the first run and picking are sloppy as heck, and at points I just completely stink, but whatever, I'll fix that later. TO THE RECORDING!

Attached File  Under_the_Oh_god_this_is_difficult.mp3 ( 980K ) Number of downloads: 324

Edit: Ugh, looking at that now it sounds terrible. Picking is off, first run sounds terrible, screwed up the sweep, I definitely have to fix this. I'll do it in the morning though, it's 1:30 AM.

Edit2: Dear lord. I'm tempted to take it down right now so you guys don't get the wrong idea, but I don't want to leave a thread recording-less till morning.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Feb 24 2008, 08:03 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ayen
Feb 24 2008, 09:18 AM
GMC:er
Yeah I don't expect to learn even half of this song within a month, especially not at Rusty's speed.

Unfortunately, after annoying my neighbors to death and dealing with the searing pain in my bad mother finger, I've popped my high E string.

And so I begin my descent into madness.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Feb 24 2008, 09:18 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ayen   Under The Influence   Feb 24 2008, 07:20 AM
- - The Uncreator   Hey, its a very tough song. I spent quite awhile l...   Feb 24 2008, 08:51 AM
- - Mark.   I've also been thinking of learning this song ...   Feb 24 2008, 05:23 PM
- - Ayen   QUOTE (Mark. @ Feb 24 2008, 05:23 PM) I...   Feb 24 2008, 07:24 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:46 PM