2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Instructor: Dallton Santos, colorful, smooth and aggressive fusion licks
Dallton Santos
Jan 10 2015, 03:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 9 2015, 12:19 AM) *
Welcome to the FAMILY!! smile.gif GMC really is like one big guitar family and it's just AWESOME!!! Great to have some NEW BLOOD!!!!

P.S. I see you are in BRAZIL!! Have you heard of FUHRMANN Stomp box pedals? I have a fuhrmann pedal board and it's just freaking KILLER!!! I heard MARCOS DEROSS playing some pedals on youtube and had to have them!!

Hi Toddy!!! Thanks man!!! smile.gif

Yes I know FUHRMANN! But, this one I still didn´t make a teste. Curious now about this.....
And Marcos Deros is my friend! :-) A great guy and a big player! Gonna check out this video too smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jan 9 2015, 03:39 AM) *
Welcome Dallton! I'd like to thank you for a really productive 1hr of practice in a long time. Learning your lesson I began to realize what happens when you move out and back via 1/2 steps. It's a sound that I've always really enjoyed but the licks have always confused me and I couldn't focus. Greg Howe is someone I'd like to eventually be able to cover and the way this lesson was broken down made it feel doable. Anyways after learning the lick very slowly I began riffing using A as a starting pitch moving 1/2 step before and after A. Min 3rd up and down there are Maj 3 (e and a strings) that also sound great together in this half step pattern.

I also felt a litte comfortabe applying your lick ideas into ones I already know and it was pretty fun.

So thanks!

Hi Jim!!!!! Reading your comment is the kind of thing that makes any instructor proud! biggrin.gif
I´m happy that you undestand the ideia and put into yours!! That´s the way!!!!!

Yeah..in fact you have more FIVE notes to add into your favorite "inside" scale. And it´s free!!! You can play whatever you want smile.gif Just put into any melodic idea or create a pattern...the things will work for you!!!! Soon your ears and fingers will get familiar with all 12 notes!!! And them my friend..........get ready for fun!!!

Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 9 2015, 07:07 AM) *
Hey Dalton welcome to GMC

Where in Brazil do you live?

THANK YOU!!!

I live in São Paulo. smile.gif Do you know?

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 9 2015, 08:40 AM) *
Anytime! laugh.gif

hahahahhaa here you´re always "warmed up" don´t need to get your guitar and 1234...1234..1234 laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 9 2015, 10:30 AM) *
Hello Dallton and Welcome !

Hi my friend nice to meet you!!!! And thanks smile.gif Hope to see you more and keep contact here!
Best!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dallton Santos: Jan 10 2015, 03:17 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 10 2015, 05:26 AM
GMC:er
Welcome Dalton. Great lesson!
Do you know MG Music in Sao Paolo? http://www.mgmusic.com.br/cursos
Marcelo Giangrande is a friend of mine (in real life wink.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 10 2015, 05:26 AM

+Quote Post
enlo22
Jan 10 2015, 07:42 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hl3u6n-n0

this is one of my favorites of his songs, i've watched him on youtube and it's cool he's an instructor here now !

This post has been edited by enlo22: Jan 10 2015, 07:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2015, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Hey there Dalton! Welcome to GMC, mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2015, 06:08 PM
GMC:er
You know MARCOS personally? Cool!! He's just a killer player!! He's the reason I got started on FUHRMAN pedals. I think he is going to the NAMM event this year and will be playing at the furhman booth!

QUOTE (Dallton Santos @ Jan 9 2015, 10:21 PM) *
Hi Toddy!!! Thanks man!!! smile.gif

Yes I know FUHRMANN! But, this one I still didn´t make a teste. Curious now about this.....
And Marcos Deros is my friend! :-) A great guy and a big player! Gonna check out this video too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dallton Santos
Jan 11 2015, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 10 2015, 04:26 AM) *
Welcome Dalton. Great lesson!
Do you know MG Music in Sao Paolo? http://www.mgmusic.com.br/cursos
Marcelo Giangrande is a friend of mine (in real life wink.gif )

Thank you klasaine!!!
Cool!!
Yes, I know but just by name, and Marcelo Giangrande too. Mayble we can meet for a talk some day smile.gif
Best!!!!

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Jan 10 2015, 06:42 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hl3u6n-n0

this is one of my favorites of his songs, i've watched him on youtube and it's cool he's an instructor here now !

Hi enlo22!!! Nice to meet you friend!! Happy you like this song smile.gif
See you!!! Best!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 10 2015, 07:47 AM) *
Hey there Dalton! Welcome to GMC, mate! biggrin.gif

Hi Cosmin Lupu!!! Thank you man!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 10 2015, 05:08 PM) *
You know MARCOS personally? Cool!! He's just a killer player!! He's the reason I got started on FUHRMAN pedals. I think he is going to the NAMM event this year and will be playing at the furhman booth!

Yes!!!
Check at 2:56 :-)

NAMM is cool, hope to go some day meet freinds and make some music too!!! smile.gif
Are you going to NAMM this year?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jan 11 2015, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Dallton I've worked on your first lesson a bit. I'm just playing directly into clean amp and a smear of reverb just to wet'in it a bit. Any suggestions on this as I continue to practice?

http://instagram.com/p/xuitT8nSZq/ Seems easiest to share them here.

+Quote Post
Dallton Santos
Jan 12 2015, 12:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jan 11 2015, 08:43 PM) *
Hey Dallton I've worked on your first lesson a bit. I'm just playing directly into clean amp and a smear of reverb just to wet'in it a bit. Any suggestions on this as I continue to practice?

http://instagram.com/p/xuitT8nSZq/ Seems easiest to share them here.

Hey Jim I think you´re going great!!!
It sounds jazzy smile.gif
Yes that´s a cool way playing into a clean sound. It´s good to concentrate on each note.
But it´s not easy... as you´are doing legato..some note sounds with more attack specifically the first ones with the pick attack.
I don´t know if you´re the kind of guitarist that likes to alternate all notes... if yes!! Why not try over this with the clean tone smile.gif

If you like the leggato, add some drive you like and go!
The lick is on your fingers, I suggest a practice with metronome and after this over with backing track.

Best and congratulations!!!
I´m on instagram too @Dallton_Santos let´s connect! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:33 PM