> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Petr's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2015, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, thanks for your words about my work. smile.gif

I've checked the whole video and I don't now anything to fix regarding your down picking with palm muting. It sounds good, you get very clear tone and your timing is tight. You are on the right track. Keep going.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 5 2015, 01:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
so here is another take on "For whom..." , hope the down picking part is better, so whats next?
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/fwbt20150405

and here just to show where Im with the Alternate picking lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150405

tx Petr

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by petr: Apr 5 2015, 01:53 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2015, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr,

Metallica's cover sounds much better! Your down picking technique is more consistent now and I think that you are now ready for a trickier / faster thrash metal song or lesson. Just be careful with the repetitive lead melody that has some little timing issues here and there.

Alternate picking lesson is also on the right track. You can play the whole thing at tempo and all the notes are there. However I think that you need more time to make this sound smoother, since it seems that your right hand is not totally comfortable with many parts. I'm not totally sure but maybe the main problem is when you play with palm muting. Please keep practicing this one. There are not short cuts, it's a matter of practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 17 2015, 12:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

please can you check this take
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150416

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2015, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr. This is not a bad take, you are close with this lesson. I notice that your playing is not totally tight when you play with palm muting. You tend to delay the notes a bit so the notes go a bit after the bit. This is even more notorious when the licks incorporate open string notes.
Just keep on practicing this one trying to go even with the beat and share a new recording in a few days. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 22 2015, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

is it any better?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150422

tx Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2015, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, just a bit better but the timing issues are still notorious when you play with palm muting. I recommend you to practice at a slower tempo to be able to pay the notes totally tight, the question is, do you note the issue when you hear the take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 23 2015, 09:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2015, 06:23 PM) *
Hi Petr, just a bit better but the timing issues are still notorious when you play with palm muting. I recommend you to practice at a slower tempo to be able to pay the notes totally tight, the question is, do you note the issue when you hear the take?

Hi Gab,
Im actually not sure. I listened to this take slowed down and I would say Im behind the beat at 0:34-0:45, it that correct?
tx Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2015, 08:09 PM
Instructor
I also hear some little problems at: 00:10, 00:14, 00:17, 00:23, etc... I mean, this is not very serious, but your playing creates a sensation of retard when you switch from open playing to palm muting. You tend to go a bit after the bit...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 29 2015, 10:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
as you suggested, I practiced this on slower tempo, please let me know if the probs are still there, tx Petr

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150429

This post has been edited by petr: Apr 29 2015, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2015, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, yes, it's a bit better but there problem is still there. I think that we are detecting a timing issue in your playing. Could you please play 16th notes over that metronome but just playing the same note with palm muting?

Let's see if the problem continues...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
May 2 2015, 10:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
here it is ...
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/70metronome

and here another take where I focused on the timing
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150502

I checked it in Cubase on the track graphics Attached Image

tx Petr

This post has been edited by petr: May 2 2015, 12:38 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2015, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr!! Excellent job! The improvement is awesome on the lesson! That's tight alternate picking. It seems that the practice has helped!

The only 16th notes over metronome is ok but there are some moments when the last 2 notes of each group of 4 16th notes is not tight, so pay attention to it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
May 2 2015, 08:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
Im really glad it sound better now. I have to say that I could not recognize that Im in front of the beat most of the time, only after I saw it on the graphic in Cubase. That check works perfectly with metronome, it will be probably less obvious with backing track.
Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2015, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Interesting! So, you need to do this work more often because it's not only a training for your alternate picking, and technique in general, it's also an ear training. You need to train your ear to recognize this timing issues while you play them. Please keep on doing this kind of exercises over metronome, check the audio wave, and also feel free to share samples here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
May 3 2015, 06:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
yes that's what I do with the AP lesson - I record a take and then check the waves.

I also still work on the Voice lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice20150503

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2015, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Nice take mate. There are two main things two improve on this one.

The first one is an old problem. You reach the 8th fret after the slide (first two measures) a bit late. Please check the second 00:03 on the original video and notice how Cosmin reaches the 8th fret of the slide before the 1 beat of measure 2. This is repeated every time the phrase is repeated.

Besides this, I notice that your bending technique is not bad but it could be more consistent. Most of the times you reach the pitch, but it's not totally smooth, while other times you are close but not there, so pay attention to it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
May 5 2015, 09:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
the detail you pointed out on the Voice lesson seems hard to correct because I think i just dont hear the difference. I will focus on the bending and will try again, lets see ...

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice20150505

Here is the AP lesson at full speed. i know it is not clean but at least the timing seems ok on the waves in Cubase, is that right?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ap20150505

tx Petr

This post has been edited by petr: May 5 2015, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2015, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, both lesson show improvements. The alternate picking sounds much tighter than in the past, it only has some little details but it's very good, well done! The other one is closer, both bending and the part that I marked are closer to the original. I think that a good way to notice the difference between the original and your playing could be noted if you open both takes on cubase, set the tempo to the lesson, put each track on a different channel and compare when the note is sounding on each one. You will notice the difference by using the timeline and other instruments as reference. I'm not sure if this is possible but maybe you could ask Bogdan to see if he can share with you the main video's audio.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
May 17 2015, 06:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I have been working on the "For whom ..." song recently, please can you check it out?

Thanks Petr

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/fwbt20150517

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:43 AM