Friend Came To Visit
Phil66
Jun 14 2017, 09:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The other day, a friend of mine came to visit at work, he is an old customer that has become a friend over the years. He was a session musician in London in the 60's. He is good friends with KK Downing (Judas Priest) and once asked me to go for a jam with them at KK's house HERE, yes, that is KK's home, he loves golf so built a PGA standard golf course in his front garden laugh.gif I didn't go to the jam, I was far far too nervous.

Anyway, he's just treated himself to a new car. I had to go and sort something out in the workshop but he is returning this week or next to take me for a spin smile.gif

Mclaren 570s

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Mertay
Jun 14 2017, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 14 2017, 10:34 PM
That colour was a £5000 option. He also had to have a suspension option to lift the car 10cm because he lives in a remote house that you have to drive along the edge of farmer's fields to get home, that cost £10,000 blink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 15 2017, 01:55 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 14 2017, 10:34 PM) *
That colour was a £5000 option. He also had to have a suspension option to lift the car 10cm because he lives in a remote house that you have to drive along the edge of farmer's fields to get home, that cost £10,000 blink.gif

That's just insane!!!!
Just for the price of those extras I could build an amazing Chopper!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Talking of which, I'm having a Supercharger fitted to a Harley at the moment!! Fun times are ahead!!
laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2017, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Is your friend called "Batman"? That's awesome!!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 15 2017, 03:26 PM
Here is the manufacturers site. http://cars.mclaren.com/sports-series/570s

With the extras that he had it ended up costing him a cool £220,000 blink.gif wacko.gif

He really really really really enjoys it though, I've told you about him before Gab, about when he asked me to go an jam with him and KK Downing.

I asked him to lift up the engine cover, he said he couldn't, it's locked down except for a little hatch about 10"x8", I guess the engine is a little bit special and only manufacturer is able to work on it.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 22 2017, 03:01 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend just came again, took me out in it. One word, SUBLIME.

I've been in some pretty quick vehicles and on some pretty quick bikes but nothing has come close to the relentless and seamless power delivery of that beast. I couldn't even pull my head forward.

Made my day, in fact, made my year. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 22 2017, 03:01 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 22 2017, 08:05 PM
eheh excellent smile.gif

I remember watching a show about those cars, aside muscle there's a lot of electronic engineering to them too which is quite futuristic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2017, 03:51 AM
That is one sweet ride! Mclaren makes some amazing cars. You mentioned he was a customer of yours? Did you build stuff for him?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 22 2017, 10:01 AM) *
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend just came again, took me out in it. One word, SUBLIME.

I've been in some pretty quick vehicles and on some pretty quick bikes but nothing has come close to the relentless and seamless power delivery of that beast. I couldn't even pull my head forward.

Made my day, in fact, made my year. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2017, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Stunning car! That must have been one hell of a ride, Phil.

But....... seriously, if you get invited to jam with KK again.. next time, bloody well GO! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2017, 10:38 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 23 2017, 03:51 AM) *
That is one sweet ride! Mclaren makes some amazing cars. You mentioned he was a customer of yours? Did you build stuff for him?

Yes Todd, we've manufactured many things for him over the 30 years he's been coming to us.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2017, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 23 2017, 10:17 AM) *
Stunning car! That must have been one hell of a ride, Phil.

But....... seriously, if you get invited to jam with KK again.. next time, bloody well GO! cool.gif

I'd just freeze up mate rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 23 2017, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2017, 10:14 AM) *
I'd just freeze up mate rolleyes.gif

I agree with Ben, think about it; you'll only feel ready when you're playing better than him and I'm sure that would piss him off biggrin.gif so with this logic its better now than later smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2017, 11:44 AM
That's great logic Mertay, I think I would be crapping myself too much though, I've probably missed the boat now but if the invitation crops up again I'll think about it and probably still bottle it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 30 2017, 08:41 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 26 2017, 03:46 PM
Awesome! How cool is that Phil!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:22 AM