Don't Laugh
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 4 2008, 01:43 PM
GMC:er
I'm going to see Raven in Nottingham tonight. Who loves the old NWOBHM band with the unreachable vocals biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 4 2008, 02:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif wow are they still playing??? I thought they disappeared in the 80's but appearantly not.

All for one, one for all! biggrin.gif

Have fun! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 4 2008, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 4 2008, 03:03 PM
Tickets were £4 ($8). You can't beat that so I thought why not biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 4 2008, 03:04 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 4 2008, 04:53 PM
sweet! i always liked their album Lifes A B&$%! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 4 2008, 05:00 PM
Only 3 hours away now smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 4 2008, 08:29 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Unfortunately I only had the chance to see them live once, looong time ago, they were opening up for Kreator, sometime in the early 90's as far as I remember, and it was one of the best shows that I have ever seen :-) John was banging his head off even while singing and Mark smashed one guitar after the other, it was so much fun to watch them :-) Hehe, I know the guy that was working as a backliner for them on that tour, he didn't like it that much, because he constantly had to rebuild a new guitar from the pices of the smashed ones smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 12:24 AM
Just got back from this and I'm quite amazed. They were incredible. He has still got that silly voice that I just can't stop laughing after every note and the guitarist still ended up breaking his guitars smile.gif His first guitar got smashed after one chord biggrin.gif

I really enjoyed it and the new songs sounded great. Just a shame they only get to play small venues now as they were once a lot bigger band. But great set and for $8 you can't complete. Top band. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 5 2008, 02:42 AM
This post made me go back and listen to all my old favorite Raven songs. god i love this band. just a rockin good time, simple as that. i envy you man!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 5 2008, 12:21 PM
It's a shame bands have to move on and I'd imagine their next tour is their final album and album tour. sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 5 2008, 02:36 PM
Instructor
i won't laugh a concert is a concert, it can always turn out to be a good one. Have fun smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:14 PM