First Tune In A While
Siggum
Oct 29 2008, 12:18 AM
GMC:er
I havent been able to record anything for almsot 3 weeks now mad.gif , but finally i sorted out my problem and made this little tune as well, it's not finished yet, still just a sketch smile.gif

Attached File  Jazzi.mp3 ( 2.66MB ) Number of downloads: 226

Backing : Attached File  backin.mp3 ( 2.52MB ) Number of downloads: 189

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Siggum: Oct 29 2008, 09:38 AM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 29 2008, 01:12 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very easy listening man, nice and warm...you own this style bro! Glad to hear some of your music again! smile.gif Any chance in you uploading the backing? Always nice to have as much as possible to play around with..not to mention that it's cool!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 29 2008, 01:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I liked the tone of this a lot man! smile.gif

Very interesting rhythm choice and I like where your ideas are going.

Keep working on it bro.

Sounds really good.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 29 2008, 07:10 AM
Can I ask which key you played?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 29 2008, 07:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Enjoyed listening to this, like your tone smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 29 2008, 09:37 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 29 2008, 01:12 AM) *
Very easy listening man, nice and warm...you own this style bro! Glad to hear some of your music again! smile.gif Any chance in you uploading the backing? Always nice to have as much as possible to play around with..not to mention that it's cool!

Thanks alot Skenny, sure i'll upload the backing now smile.gif

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 29 2008, 01:33 AM) *
I liked the tone of this a lot man! smile.gif

Very interesting rhythm choice and I like where your ideas are going.

Keep working on it bro.

Sounds really good.

Thanks man, glad u liked it.

QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 29 2008, 07:10 AM) *
Can I ask which key you played?

C mixolydian + C minor pentatonic

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Oct 29 2008, 07:45 AM) *
Enjoyed listening to this, like your tone smile.gif

Cheers Roger smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Oct 29 2008, 09:51 AM
This is awesome o_O!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 29 2008, 01:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks Sig smile.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 29 2008, 05:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, great !! I love the part from 0:30 - 0:45, nice line you play there. Really easy listening, i hope you will finish it sometimes soon.

btw .. which DAW and VSTs you use to create your backings ? The sounds are so warm and well balanced in each of your tracks. Do you have a special reverb VST to round up everything? Sorry if you have listed everything already somewhere ..

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 29 2008, 06:31 PM
wow that's really great

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 30 2008, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Oct 29 2008, 05:51 PM) *
Wao, great !! I love the part from 0:30 - 0:45, nice line you play there. Really easy listening, i hope you will finish it sometimes soon.

btw .. which DAW and VSTs you use to create your backings ? The sounds are so warm and well balanced in each of your tracks. Do you have a special reverb VST to round up everything? Sorry if you have listed everything already somewhere ..

Thanks Wrk,

I use Acid Pro 6.0, and a bunch of different VST's depending on what sound or type of music im going for. I dont really have a secret weapon at all, i just make sure i pan the instruments a bit adjust volumes etc. I do think one my strengths is having basic knowlegde of instruments and their role, but im still exploring and still have a lot to learn as well biggrin.gif

Btw would be cool to hear you play something over this Wrk.

This post has been edited by Siggum: Oct 30 2008, 02:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 30 2008, 02:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Beautiful song and very tasty playing.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 30 2008, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Siggum.
Just another question, do you have some good monitor speaker you use for mixing?

I'm thinking to get some active speaker soon. Headphone are really tiring for the ears and the result of my mix is missing balance on other speakers. If you have some experiences with speakers it would be great.

QUOTE (Siggum @ Oct 30 2008, 02:31 PM) *
Btw would be cool to hear you play something over this Wrk.

Oh, sure i will try ... it's this kind of music i would love play more. I'll upload something if i have some ideas smile.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 30 2008, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Oct 30 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Thanks Siggum.
Just another question, do you have some good monitor speaker you use for mixing?

I'm thinking to get some active speaker soon. Headphone are really tiring for the ears and the result of my mix is missing balance on other speakers. If you have some experiences with speakers it would be great.

Oh, sure i will try ... it's this kind of music i would love play more. I'll upload something if i have some ideas smile.gif

Cool biggrin.gif well actually i am not an expert on speakers, i badly need some good ones myself laugh.gif i use Beyerdynamic headphones atm, and it works allright for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 30 2008, 05:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sounds great. smile.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 31 2008, 03:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
As you ask me to try to improvise over your tune, i was jamming a bit and came up with some ideas. Too bad that it's so short by now, i would like to continue for ages .. the right tune for a night session smile.gif

Not sure if i follow the progression all the time. Kind of new to the jazz world and i never now if it is jazzy or nonsense laugh.gif

Anyway, i hope you like it ...
Attached File  Siggum_Jazz.mp3 ( 1.58MB ) Number of downloads: 275

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 31 2008, 06:02 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Oct 31 2008, 03:59 PM) *
As you ask me to try to improvise over your tune, i was jamming a bit and came up with some ideas. Too bad that it's so short by now, i would like to continue for ages .. the right tune for a night session smile.gif

Not sure if i follow the progression all the time. Kind of new to the jazz world and i never now if it is jazzy or nonsense laugh.gif

Anyway, i hope you like it ...
Attached File  Siggum_Jazz.mp3 ( 1.58MB ) Number of downloads: 275

Really nice take man, there are some nice melodic phrases in there wich i enjoyed.. i'lll probably extend the track a bit and maybe and a brigde smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 1 2008, 07:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Siggum @ Oct 31 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Really nice take man, there are some nice melodic phrases in there wich i enjoyed.. i'lll probably extend the track a bit and maybe and a brigde smile.gif

Yes, would be great if you continue to work on it. Something like 4 minutes and you have a complete tune smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:13 PM