3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Unusual Bacon Recipes
Sensible Jones
Sep 4 2012, 04:33 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 4 2012, 04:02 PM) *
Hmmm, kind makes the supermarket mini sausage roll I just ate feel like it's not cutting it... wink.gif

Oh dear, there's just no comparison there at all!!!
ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 4 2012, 11:01 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 4 2012, 03:31 AM) *
THESE look quite interesting too!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Wow I gotta try that! Thanks Jonesey! cool.gif I love me some poppers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2012, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Well, we also have A SORT of bacon wink.gif

It is eaten raw, just like you see it in this pic and it can be helped with onions and bread and palinca - a strong alcoholic drink, which will make your breath catch fire laugh.gif It is traditional in the northern part of the country.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 5 2012, 09:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2012, 07:51 AM) *

It is eaten raw, just like you see it in this pic and it can be helped with onions and bread and palinca - a strong alcoholic drink, which will make your breath catch fire laugh.gif It is traditional in the northern part of the country.

Wow ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 5 2012, 11:41 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2012, 07:51 AM) *

That sounds awesome!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 5 2012, 06:21 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 4 2012, 10:51 PM) *

Wow thats like a mega slab of bacon! blink.gif nom nom nom

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 5 2012, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 5 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Wow thats like a mega slab of bacon! blink.gif nom nom nom

Yeah I would just grab that and bite chunks out of it !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 5 2012, 06:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great, Now I'm hungry. Thanks guys...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 5 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Yeah I would just grab that and bite chunks out of it !! biggrin.gif

That thought made me feel pretty sick actually laugh.gif I TOTALLY dislike 'Slanina' as it is called...it's just TOO FAT man biggrin.gif Trust me, I don't think you'd like it that much, if you don't eat fatty stuff usually .... do you?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 6 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 6 2012, 08:19 AM) *
That thought made me feel pretty sick actually laugh.gif I TOTALLY dislike 'Slanina' as it is called...it's just TOO FAT man biggrin.gif Trust me, I don't think you'd like it that much, if you don't eat fatty stuff usually .... do you?

Yeah you're probably right. It probably tastes closer to Parma ham.. which is basically raw bacon. I'm not a fan of that stuff...

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Sep 11 2012, 04:22 AM
Ben's eating habits make me wonder if he is really an American laugh.gif

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 07:19 AM
Instructor
Who knows what's deep inside Ben's soul? Or better yet, who he was in a previous life? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 11 2012, 08:54 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
One of my favorite things to make. Bacon wrapped Jalepenos stuffed with pepperjack and cream cheese ! They are meant to be an appetizer but I have made a whole meal out of them before.

http://blogchef.net/wp-content/uploads/201...jalapenos_1.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 11 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Sep 11 2012, 04:22 AM) *
Ben's eating habits make me wonder if he is really an American laugh.gif

Hahaha... Yee-Haaa ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 07:19 AM) *
Who knows what's deep inside Ben's soul? Or better yet, who he was in a previous life? laugh.gif

I think I was probably a big, grizzled mountain man ! tongue.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 11 2012, 08:54 AM) *
One of my favorite things to make. Bacon wrapped Jalepenos stuffed with pepperjack and cream cheese ! They are meant to be an appetizer but I have made a whole meal out of them before.

http://blogchef.net/wp-content/uploads/201...jalapenos_1.jpg

Appetizer ? Appetizer Nothin', as Apollo Creed would say ! That is a legitimate meal material right there !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Apollo Creed - isn't he a black dude? He sounds VERY familliar biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 11 2012, 06:47 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 02:38 PM) *

Apollo "the King of sting" Creed

aka "the master of disaster"

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 12 2012, 09:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 03:38 PM) *

I think somebody has some homework to do ! biggrin.gif

Over the past year I must have seen all the Rocky films again at least once as they show them on tv quite a lot. Now I'm older I'm amazed at how inspiring they are and some of the messages in there. When you're a kid it's easy to just see them as cheesy boxing movies but the emotional struggles in there are very real. It's classic stuff !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
RIIIGHT! That's where I knew him from biggrin.gif Indeed!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 12 2012, 09:46 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2012, 11:19 PM) *

On second thought ..Yuck! tongue.gif No I don't like fat,at least not alot of it , I even peel the skin off of fried chicken. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 12 2012, 11:03 PM
Degroot...here in Spain Bacon with dates is a typical dish.

I need to try your idea, we usually have them bread fried instead of bacon wrapped.

This post has been edited by korblitz: Sep 12 2012, 11:04 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:46 AM