Gmc Chord Library?
Mrblomme
Nov 12 2008, 11:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I was thinking and shouldnt it be a good idea to get a topic specially for all chords?
I know many of us are searching for chords on all kind of websites and we all sometimes found some chords that werent right etc ...

So maybe we could start a topic in the theory section and then we're always sure we have the right one's with Andrew over there. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Nov 12 2008, 11:28 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Nov 12 2008, 11:18 PM) *
I was thinking and shouldnt it be a good idea to get a topic specially for all chords?
I know many of us are searching for chords on all kind of websites and we all sometimes found some chords that werent right etc ...

So maybe we could start a topic in the theory section and then we're always sure we have the right one's with Andrew over there. smile.gif

it could be done, but honestly i think one should create his own chord database.. it's a really really great way of learning the theory behind chords, as well as learning the fretboard..

example.. chord of C is made of the 1, 3, 5 note in the scale of C.. which are the notes C, E, G

then you locate ALL the C, E, G notes on the fretboard, and start to create ALL the different C chords available on the fretboard.. of course you should be able to actually reach the notes with your fretting hand, and most already know the CAGED chords, but there are more than "just" those..

after that you of course continue with the minor chord, the dimished etc. etc.

i think it's an excellent and quite effective way to learn both the chords and the fretboard.. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Nov 12 2008, 11:29 PM

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Nov 12 2008, 11:38 PM
GMC:er
Would be a huge project, but so awesome to have! if not, u could always learn some theory and "build your own chords"..

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Nov 12 2008, 11:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm also planning on to learn the theory and find my own chords but many guitarists just want to get the chords without learning something. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 13 2008, 02:43 AM
Instructor
I suggest first learning scales and notes well, chords will then be a piece of cake.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 13 2008, 11:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think a chord library is a really helpful tool for learning. There are a lot of good libraries, differently structured existing already so it's maybe not necessary to create one here. In case someone has an idea to optimize it ... that would be great!

Reading the previous comments, i think the approach over theory all the time, to create your own chords, analyze each note in the overall context is a complex task. What is theory really telling me if i don't have a feeling for the sound of it?

To learn an instrument have a lot in common with learning foreign languages.

I learned a foreign language in school for several years and when i finally wanted to put my knowledge on test, i was not able to say one straight sentence. All the grammar, tense, declination and vocabularies ... i guess i'm just not smart enough to apply everything instantly. When i finally managed to finished what i wanted to say, the guy in front of me understood well all the facts, but i think it was not a really entertaining conversation for him smile.gif

I have learned another language by being in the country without any knowledge of it. I could fluently speak after 6 months. Of course i needed to learn the grammar afterwards to reduce mistakes, but i got already a natural feeling for this language what makes learning grammar/theory much easier. I still do mistakes, a lot, but it gives my way of speaking an exotic sound ... so people say laugh.gif .. and this is what we should be after in music in my opinion.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Nov 16 2008, 05:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pizzoaro @ Nov 12 2008, 11:38 PM) *
Would be a huge project, but so awesome to have! if not, u could always learn some theory and "build your own chords"..

Well, not really. once you know the chord rules, and how they're put together, it's pretty easy.
You don't have to learn all the positions like people think,

You do however have to know the notes of the fretboard, and the rules of the given chord.
It's pretty simple.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:23 PM