Top Tube Sound For Super Cheap, Fame tube 5 special
ItsMe
Apr 21 2010, 01:03 PM
GMC:er
http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Fame-Tu...11-21cf0eb6a9ae

Bought this amp and love it. The cheaper version (80 euros) is def. way below the Fender original but the special version is just great. Compared to the Champ600 the Fame special offers a much better OD sound and the JJ 6V6 allows for an earlier breakup. If you buy the parts yourself (jensen special 6 and the JJ tube) you would pay more than the 36 Euros difference from the normal Fame tube 5 to the special version. The clean sound is perfectly suited for a single coil guitar and you get this wonderfull Fender sound although it is a little bit fuller than the sound of the real Fender Champ 600. However the Fame (just like the original Champ600) sounds awefull with P90s or split humbuckers or high output active EMGs. Just awefull. It also (just like the original Champ600) doesn't like OD pedals that have too strong upper mids (think TS1 or 808). It sounds awefully fizzy. But if you use your TS with low OD and boost the Fame when it already breaks up by itself, you are in tone heaven. The thing is dead quiet but also not very loud in general. Great for the bedroom. However if you want to drive it in OD by maxing out the volume, it gets a little too loud at least for my neighbours. Still, it wont work for any kind of gig or the rehearsal room unless you put a mike in front of it. However its great for recording at low volumes. It doesn't have a speaker out, so I will add one myself.

For 115 Euros this thing offers an incredible real Fender oldschool sound that no moddeler or software can do.
It sounds absolutley great with some guitars ( Strats and low output humbucker equiped guitars) when the volume is up right to the point of breakup. However the amp sounds absolutely awefull with your high output shred babys or split humbuckers of any kind.

For Fender lovers, funckers, bluesers and jazzers this is one ultra bargain but rockers and metal heads stay away, you will hate it.

One more thing: the speaker needs some time to soften, so play a while and the sounds gets even more beautifull

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Apr 21 2010, 01:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 21 2010, 09:35 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Looks like a great and cheap amp for home practicing smile.gif
Thanks for sharing!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 22 2010, 03:57 AM
Nice!! Congrats for your buying. I think this is priceless info for those who are starting

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 22 2010, 03:40 PM
Instructor
now ii want this little monster in my studio, not sure if i can get it here tho sad.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2010, 05:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great find! I didn't know much about this amp (I'm not sure they sell em here)...Seems like a good bang for the buck! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 23 2010, 07:26 PM
Instructor
That's a great amp. I've been considering Vox AC4TV head for a while, but I think I will go for attenuator for my baby wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Apr 27 2010, 12:08 PM
Added a speaker out and hooked it up to an extension cab (self built cab with 4 ohm jensen mod 12 inch speaker). Sounds like heaven. Cant record right now and have to get my cam working first. But then I will make some sound clips

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 27 2010, 01:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 23 2010, 08:26 PM) *
... I've been considering Vox AC4TV head for a while...

I've got it and love it smile.gif
Pretty inexpensive too!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 27 2010, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Apr 27 2010, 06:08 AM) *
Added a speaker out and hooked it up to an extension cab (self built cab with 4 ohm jensen mod 12 inch speaker). Sounds like heaven. Cant record right now and have to get my cam working first. But then I will make some sound clips

PLEASE do smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:32 PM