Just Got Back From London
DeepRoots
Jul 23 2008, 11:01 AM
Get to da Chopper!
oof what a lovely place. I spent all day Sunday travelling, all day Monday wondering around London going to all sorts of shops then on Tuesday i went to a Royal garden party at Buckingham palace (the reason for the trip) and travelled back home.

Though i wish i took thousands of pounds spending money i still managed to find a few bargains arounds london, but because of the people i was with i didn't manage to go in any guitar shops (i saw a street full of them, but i guess my mates aren't interested biggrin.gif)

Buckingham palace was gorgeous though. There were no photos allowed but i get to order a DVD of the day.
There were little things to nibble all over the place and most of the Royals were there too (i didn't get to meet any of them this time though i did have a nice conversation with Prince Charles the other week biggrin.gif)

Anyway- i have badly missed my guitar and see we've had some killer lessons posted in my absence- i also have to get back to work on my practise agenda, what can i say- it's great to be back around biggrin.gif

Visit London!!! You'll love it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
-Zion-
Jul 23 2008, 11:07 AM
Learning Roadie
London is a very cool city.. Been there a couple of times, and since my sister just moved there i reckon i will go there a lot more in the future.. smile.gif

Last time i was there, the pubs closed at 11pm.. seem to recall the law being changed, but actually dont know..

Great city though..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 23 2008, 12:11 PM
Lets go fishing!
Glad you enjoyed London... I did your guitar practice for you while you were away wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 23 2008, 12:23 PM
GMC:er
I'm in London on the 30th July. I can't wait smile.gif Glad you enjoyed yourself.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 23 2008, 12:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 23 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Glad you enjoyed London... I did your guitar practice for you while you were away wink.gif

Thanks matt- thats quite alot of work practising for two people i'm sure ohmy.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 23 2008, 12:23 PM) *
I'm in London on the 30th July. I can't wait smile.gif Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks man, have fun on your trip too, any specific reason you're going?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 23 2008, 12:30 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 23 2008, 12:25 PM) *
Thanks matt- thats quite alot of work practising for two people i'm sure ohmy.gif

Thanks man, have fun on your trip too, any specific reason you're going?

To see Mudhoney at the Forum and to go Denmark Street to play some guitars smile.gif Then after that I have a 2 week vacation in Blackpool followed by Bloodstock Festival in Derby smile.gif My break to relax is going to be great smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 23 2008, 12:33 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 23 2008, 12:30 PM) *
To see Mudhoney at the Forum and to go Denmark Street to play some guitars smile.gif Then after that I have a 2 week vacation in Blackpool followed by Bloodstock Festival in Derby smile.gif My break to relax is going to be great smile.gif

Ahh yes Denmark street- i did see that one. Quite a few guitar shops there- if only i wasn't so exhausted and my freinds so uninterested i would have stopped by in all the shops. I had a quick browse in one though i remember.
Have a relaxing time then smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 23 2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor
London is beautiful indeed,glad you had a nice time DR!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 23 2008, 01:43 PM
The Dark Canuck
Nice to hear you had a great time DR. I'd love to get over to see London, and well the rest of Europe too actually smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 23 2008, 02:09 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Planning a trip to London one day as well. We thought we would wait til our kids are a bit older so they can remember the experience. Have always wanted to visit! Glad you had a great time.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 23 2008, 02:22 PM
i would absolutly love to see the "real" london.. after spending half my life at the fake one in Canada it would be interesting to see the place its named after biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 23 2008, 02:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 23 2008, 01:12 PM) *
London is beautiful indeed,glad you had a nice time DR!! smile.gif

You just liked our Choclate Milk and Big Wheel laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 23 2008, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Cool man, I'm glad you had such a nice time, do you have some pics for us biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 23 2008, 03:53 PM
OH man you r so lucky. I have always wanted to goo after seeing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. ...Is that normal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 23 2008, 04:16 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 23 2008, 03:53 PM) *
OH man you r so lucky. I have always wanted to goo after seeing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. ...Is that normal?

Those films weren't done in London it's safe to say biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:14 PM