Friedman - Jake E Lee Signature Amp
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2020, 09:08 AM
GMC:er
Mr. Jake E Lee (used to play with Ozzy, that guy who wrote the Bark at the moon riff that has followed him around for decades, and he even plays it here in this videoo) has a new signature amp built by FREIDMAN amps. It's got a half power switch to take it from 100 watts to 50. Channel 1 is a sorta plexi thing, and channel 2 is more the high gain JCM Marshall vibe. We get to here the amp and then Mr. Friedman himself answers some questions about it.

QUESTION: WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE TONE? MEH? OR YEAH!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 15 2020, 09:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 15 2020, 07:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Interesting, I didn't know Friedman made guitars smile.gif I wonder if Overloud will clone it wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 17 2020, 11:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2020, 06:33 AM
I"m hoping they will smile.gif I'm sure UA will clone every friedman at some point and they make native and usa versions of those plugins usually. Yeah the guy in the vid plays friedman guitars which was when I first saw them as well smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 15 2020, 02:57 PM) *
Interesting, I didn't know Friedman made guitars smile.gif I wonder if Overloud will clone it wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 16 2020, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a really good 'hot-rodded' JCM 800.
I'm sure Brainworx will do a plugin version (via UAd)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2020, 05:21 AM
My thoughts exactly smile.gif There will be a UAD and a brainworx for native.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 16 2020, 11:21 AM) *
Sounds like a really good 'hot-rodded' JCM 800.
I'm sure Brainworx will do a plugin version (via UAd)

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 17 2020, 01:57 PM
Learning Roadie
It's quintessential 80s hard rock tone what's not to love, It does sound like many of the other Friedman models (and probably other JCM800 modded amps)

Friedman guitars are actually made by Grover Jackson I believe.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2020, 03:20 PM
True, what's not to love? He has a real gift with making jcm00 tones seem really mounstrous. They are not overly bassy or boomy, they keep all the snarl and still sound under control.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 17 2020, 08:57 AM) *
It's quintessential 80s hard rock tone what's not to love, It does sound like many of the other Friedman models (and probably other JCM800 modded amps)

Friedman guitars are actually made by Grover Jackson I believe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 AM