9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Boogie - Collaboration, discussion and upload thread
UncleSkillet
Feb 19 2009, 03:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Way to go Jim!! Sounds really nice smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 19 2009, 04:00 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks man!

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 18 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Way to go Jim!! Sounds really nice smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 19 2009, 04:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 19 2009, 02:44 AM) *
Ok Emir, here's my completed takes.
As you've requested, I recorded the guitar parts dry with more gain on the 2nd part.
Feel free to add the effects that you see work best. In my mix, I ended up using a lot of delay, especially for the second part. I used a stereo delay with 450 ms in the left side, and 300ms in the right. This is equivalent to 1.5 whole notes in the left side and 1.0 whole notes in the right when synched to the tempo. I find that when sync'ing the delay to the tempo, it gives you that deep, huge sound without cluttering up the beat with a bunch of discrete echos. For feedback, I had it set to about 25% on each side. This lets you hear about four echo's before they die out completely. I set the delay mix (wet to dry) to about 10 percent. This keeps the echos proportional to the mix without over doing it. For the 1st guitar part, I used the same settings only with less feedback and lower mix settings. For reverb, I just used a "Hall" reverb with the level set low enough so that it doesn't start to sound like a tunnel. No other effects besides delay and reverb were used on the guitars. I'd like to learn more about using effects wisely in the mix, that's for sure.

I hope you like it. It turned out pretty good I think. smile.gif

[attachment=13747:20090217...wBacking.mp3]
[attachment=13748:20090217...stGuitar.mp3]
[attachment=13749:20090217...ndGuitar.mp3]

Jim.

Thanks for this explaination. I will try to make it the same smile.gif Nice playing

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Feb 19 2009, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
Hi Emir!

Here is my take, Im new to this style and I enjoyed this collab very much smile.gif

thanks smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EriksBoogie.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 133
Attached File  EriksBoogieNoBT.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 87
Attached File  EriksBoogieNoBT2.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 90

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 19 2009, 05:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Emir,

With the deadline aproaching, I thought finishing this would be a good idea tongue.gif So that's what I did xD I've uploaded three files, the mix one speaks for itself. Part 1 means the Bass/drumms only part, and part 2 is the latter of the two parts. I have to say.. this is the one collab with the most overdubbing and stop-recordings I've ever done tongue.gif I also wrote the second part partially... I found it quite hard to come up with something good on the first part... and I found it so hard that I couldn't really find anything good.... so sorry bout that tongue.gif

Effect: pls edit some reverb/delay for a bit of a more outstanding sound in the first part, a bit jazzy, do what you think is needed! For the second part, I'd like some delay and maybe some reverb to get the nice smooth rock'n roll sound.

Thanks for doing this Emir!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 19 2009, 07:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Feb 19 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Hi Emir!

Here is my take, Im new to this style and I enjoyed this collab very much smile.gif

thanks smile.gif

Cheers smile.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 19 2009, 04:34 PM) *
Hey Emir,

With the deadline aproaching, I thought finishing this would be a good idea tongue.gif So that's what I did xD I've uploaded three files, the mix one speaks for itself. Part 1 means the Bass/drumms only part, and part 2 is the latter of the two parts. I have to say.. this is the one collab with the most overdubbing and stop-recordings I've ever done tongue.gif I also wrote the second part partially... I found it quite hard to come up with something good on the first part... and I found it so hard that I couldn't really find anything good.... so sorry bout that tongue.gif

Effect: pls edit some reverb/delay for a bit of a more outstanding sound in the first part, a bit jazzy, do what you think is needed! For the second part, I'd like some delay and maybe some reverb to get the nice smooth rock'n roll sound.

Thanks for doing this Emir!

Ok Kaznie thank you for this smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 19 2009, 08:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Man, I'm finding this one incredibly challenging. I can hear what I want to play, but I just don't have the speed to do it, or familar positions to use to play it.

This is very unfamiliar territory for me, but only one way to learn! I'll keep at it!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 19 2009, 10:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 19 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Man, I'm finding this one incredibly challenging. I can hear what I want to play, but I just don't have the speed to do it, or familar positions to use to play it.

This is very unfamiliar territory for me, but only one way to learn! I'll keep at it!

You don't need to play fast to make it sound good. Go for longer notes and it should be easier.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 20 2009, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
Emir, here is my take:

Attached File  emir_collab_boogie_mixdown.mp3 ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 147

Attached File  emir_collab_boogie_drive.mp3 ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  emir_collab_boogie_clean.mp3 ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 100

I found this one much harder, I'm not sure why, it might be my lack of knowledge in regards to scale use and even playing in triplet feel.

I tried to implement the advice as best I could from the last collab, but because I use Adobe Audition I found it difficult to achieve the same set up you had.

Essentially in the multi-track recording software I use, when I select a track with an existing recording on it, and try to record over it - it mutes what ever is being played underneath.

What I tried to do instead was play in two seperate channels in order to achieve a few takes when I messed up.

Hope it achieves the same effect!

I'm not totally happy with this recording, but only because I couldn't get the groove down properly due to my lack of experience with whatever it is i'm missing for this collab!

Awesome work on the backing, and with your own take.

Cheers man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 20 2009, 01:49 AM
emir,

do you think you can tab out that solo in guitar pro 4 format or regular tabs?

i really like and want to study some of the phrasing you did

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 20 2009, 01:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
I think I remember Emir saying that it's going to be an official lesson here at some point soon.

Might be wrong though!

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 20 2009, 12:49 AM) *
emir,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 20 2009, 04:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 20 2009, 12:34 AM) *
What I tried to do instead was play in two seperate channels in order to achieve a few takes when I messed up.

Hope it achieves the same effect!

Yes it is perfectly ok to record on two separate tracks.

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 20 2009, 12:49 AM) *
emir,

That lesson is ready just waiting to be published.

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 20 2009, 12:56 AM) *
I think I remember Emir saying that it's going to be an official lesson here at some point soon.

Yes smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2009, 04:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Emir, I hope all is well with you.

Another great collab you got going here! Some really good takes.

I am in Muris boot camp right now and this is where I need to be (my focus is on moving to the next level). I won't be uploading anything or taking part in any collabs for a while. I'm sure you understand.

When Muris gives me a weekend pass for a job well done then I will hunt your collabs down and upload.

Cheers bro! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 20 2009, 05:09 AM
hey man, sorry to disappoint but I gotta opt out of this one. Sorry for taking up space =/

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 20 2009, 01:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 20 2009, 03:18 AM) *
Hey Emir, I hope all is well with you.

Another great collab you got going here! Some really good takes.

I am in Muris boot camp right now and this is where I need to be (my focus is on moving to the next level). I won't be uploading anything or taking part in any collabs for a while. I'm sure you understand.

When Muris gives me a weekend pass for a job well done then I will hunt your collabs down and upload.

Cheers bro! smile.gif

Ok man, I understand. Good luck there in the camp smile.gif

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 20 2009, 04:09 AM) *
hey man, sorry to disappoint but I gotta opt out of this one. Sorry for taking up space =/

No problem. Welcome anytime smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2009, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Emir

I had time today finally to mess a bit your backing track. This is my improvised take, its far from perfect but I decided to upload because I promised I would submit it today smile.gif

On the side note, my Nuendo has trouble exporting Stereo so I exported everything as Mono , hope you will accept that !

Anyways - shoot me with your criticism now laugh.gif
Thanks man

P.S. If I had extra day I would get it to sound stronger smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Boggie_part_2.mp3 ( 451.02K ) Number of downloads: 130
Attached File  Boggie_part_1.mp3 ( 451.02K ) Number of downloads: 98
Attached File  Boogie_with_backing.mp3 ( 882.04K ) Number of downloads: 138

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 20 2009, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 20 2009, 02:10 PM) *
Hi Emir

I had time today finally to mess a bit your backing track. This is my improvised take, its far from perfect but I decided to upload because I promised I would submit it today smile.gif

On the side note, my Nuendo has trouble exporting Stereo so I exported everything as Mono , hope you will accept that !

Anyways - shoot me with your criticism now laugh.gif
Thanks man

P.S. If I had extra day I would get it to sound stronger smile.gif

Great Pedja. Thanks for this great take smile.gif

edit: mono is what I need. You didn't watch my intro video smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Feb 20 2009, 03:18 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2009, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 20 2009, 03:17 PM) *
Great Pedja. Thanks for this great take smile.gif

edit: mono is what I need. You didn't watch my intro video smile.gif

Man I was expecting yelling from you seriously ! Haha , thanks smile.gif

I watched the video just like Stereo for some reason more but know you want Mono so I respect that - you got Mono anyways smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 20 2009, 03:44 PM
Last day... How many entries you have so far? Around 10 or something?
C'mon guys, get your entries up here now! We had enough time to record something on this collab already? Maybe some people are not used to solo over Boogie, neither am I. But just do your best, and take it from there, you know you'll be getting some valuable advice on how to improve, noone does it perfect anyway... So click that upload button, you know you want to! cool.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 20 2009, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 20 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Last day... How many entries you have so far? Around 10 or something?
C'mon guys, get your entries up here now! We had enough time to record something on this collab already? Maybe some people are not used to solo over Boogie, neither am I. But just do your best, and take it from there, you know you'll be getting some valuable advice on how to improve, noone does it perfect anyway... So click that upload button, you know you want to! cool.gif

smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:37 AM