15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Fzalfa's Bootcamp, Walking the Path of Blood!!
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2016, 01:55 AM
GMC:er
More Solid Work Soldier!!!!

This scale is a modification of the "Shred Minor" scale that we use so very often in other Missions/drills/etc. This little modification makes the scale quite a bit harder to play because of the stretch and odd finger positioning that happens in each octave. The good news is that you didn't seem thrown off by this! Well fought!

Let's debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)TRAVERSING LIKE A PRO: Across strings, across frets, you don't miss a beat. Steady and evenly played. Nice!

2.)PALM MUTING LIKE A PRO: This drill goes over every string so it's particularly tough to palm mute but you handle it great.

3.)FINGER DEXTERITY: This drill requires quite a bit and you have it!

In short Solder......

You Just......
!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 7 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This was not an habitual scale, now i think start to know it a little bit smile.gif

i have done some differents passes, one single pick, on multi picking and one progression from 150 to 180 bmp

My respects Sarge !

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2016, 07:01 AM
Hows your Next Mission coming Soldier?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 14 2016, 07:04 AM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 14 2016, 09:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

The mission is under work, seem fine soon smile.gif

My Respects Sarge !

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2016, 09:09 AM
Looking forward to it Soldier!!! You have been on a Roll for 52 in a row!!

Sarge

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 14 2016, 04:04 AM) *
Hi Sarge

The mission is under work, seem fine soon smile.gif

My Respects Sarge !

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 29 2016, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This is Mission #53, not hard, not easy, but need some time and work

My respects Sarge !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2016, 06:29 AM
Well fought Soldier!! I'm really impressed with how fluid your playing is on this. Let's debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Strike and Hammer! Nicely done. One strike and two good hammers!

2.)PALM MUTING LIKE A PRO: Without it, this drill gets MESSY

3.)PACING: Nice and smooth!!!! Not rushing or dragging.

This checks all the boxes and is what I like to see. You are still TOP DOG SOLDIER!!!!!

In short Solder......

You Just......
!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 29 2016, 04:05 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This is Mission #53, not hard, not easy, but need some time and work

My respects Sarge !

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 30 2016, 06:31 AM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2016, 05:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This is the mission #54, hard to play fast on !! iut need some hours of drill from 60bpm to 200bpm....
drill seem to work !!!

My respects Sarge

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2016, 09:53 PM
NICE!!!! Soldier!! I can see BLOOD ON THE FRETS!!!!! You earned it here for sure!!!! This is a batch of workouts that are not easy on their own, much less all at once!!! Let's Debrief!!!.....

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)TIGHT Right/Left Handy Synch: Without it, all of these would just fall apart.

2.)PLANTED PALM MUTE: Killing extra string noise is key, You really have it under control!!

3.)DISCIPLINED PLACE: Not lagging, not rushing, just shredding smile.gif

You nailed everything l was looking for in this lesson Soldier and even better, you still remain our, TOP DOG SOLDIER!!!!!
In short Soldier......

You Just......
!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2016, 10:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Mission #55 is on the way !!

My respects sarge

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 6 2016, 04:11 AM
You have had a really impressive run here Soldier!!!! Keep it up!!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 4 2016, 05:18 PM) *
Mission #55 is on the way !!

My respects sarge

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 11 2016, 06:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This is mission #55 !!

i have a lot of fun while working on, and i have reach another speed and control level !

My respects Sarge !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2016, 08:45 PM
Well Fought Soldier!! Great to see you are still plugging away while many of the Bootcampers appear to be eggnogging!!! Nose to the grindstone Soldier!!!! smile.gif

You have made some seriously HUGE gains since we started working together Soldier. It's hard to believe that you have come so far so fast and it's all down to you busting your hump!!! It takes hard work, it takes discipline, it takes PRACTICE!!!!! If you put in the practice, you get out the SKILLZ!

You sir have put in the woodshedding time and have reaped the fruit that results. Great to see smile.gif Super Congrats!!

Let's debrief!.....

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Pick Strike/Fret Strike Synch: This Mission is built around picking at the exact moment of fretting. Many missions are built around this idea, this one adds a layer of complexity by forcing your fingers to work their little tails off!!! The good news is you NAILED IT!!

2.)NOISE CONTROL: Per usual, you have a really good palm mute and don't allow wads of extra noise that a lick like this would normally generate. I make this licks so that they are inherently "noise prone". But you keep it muted like a pro!!!

3.)AGGRESSIVE STYLE: You really start pushing the envelope with your multi-picking and sheer speed! There are a couple of spots at high speed that drift just a pinch but nothing that would keep you from a MEDAL!!!!

You ticked every box I wanted to see per usual so in short,
You Just......
!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Super Congrats Soldier!! You are getting ever closer the never before seen rank that follows the FIVE CHEVRON BADGE. In fact, one doesn't exist yet. I'll be making it just for you. The file is already named FZALFA and it's just for you. Congrats!!

Sarge

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 11 2016, 01:12 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This is mission #55 !!

i have a lot of fun while working on, and i have reach another speed and control level !

My respects Sarge !!

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 13 2017, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This one was long to do, because of a small part who give me troubles.

So, this is mission #56 !

My respects Sarge

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2017, 05:02 AM
This is the kind of top notch work I've come to expect from you Soldier! Let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR
1.)I can see the blood on the fretboard Soldier!! That first bit has a nice good long stretch in it. smile.gif You handled it just fine. Congrats on that!

2.)Your MULTI PICKING is more precise than ever. Very exact and precise, well done.

3.)Even the complex tapping lick was done in a precise and deliberate manner with just the right amount of aggression.

In short, this is a HARD lesson. It requires you to display a wide variety of skills in order to play all of the licks in involved. You didn't even break a sweat!! Well done Soldier!! You are only a few missions away from breaking yet another ALL TIME BOOTCAMP RANK RECORD. Keep it up Soldier!

Sarge

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jan 13 2017, 04:02 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This one was long to do, because of a small part who give me troubles.

So, this is mission #56 !

My respects Sarge

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Feb 15 2017, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This is Mission #57, not easy... i don"t know why , maybe a little mojo loss.

My respects Sarge

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2017, 05:29 AM
Well fought Soldier!! The reason this Mission seemed tough is because this Mission IS tough. It combines a bunch of things that we have done before and strings them all together. I must say you did a fine job of putting your aggression and skill to good use!!! Let's debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)TECHNIQUE FROM HELL: You have been working hard on improving your technique since day 1 and it shows. Not once do I see you out of control. You pull together your picking, hand synch, muting, and pacing to great effect.

2.)MULTI PICKING FROM HELL: Directly from Hell is your MULTI PICKING!!! I can still remember when you were fighting tooth and nail to get a handle on your Multi Picking. Its official, you have a handle on it!! Great job!!

3.)FINGER TWISTER FROM HELL: There are some inversion patterns in this Mission that are just complex and hard to play. You manage to keep a smooth pace, and never lose hand synch. Nice!!!!

In short Soldier, you have pulled together a vast array of techniques in order to put the Hammer Down on your Enemies and Defeat the Mission with Flying Colors!!!!!!

In other words, you just

LEVELED UP!!!!!
*Also you remain our TOP DOG!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Feb 15 2017, 06:00 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This is Mission #57, not easy... i don"t know why , maybe a little mojo loss.

My respects Sarge

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Feb 23 2017, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge

This is a short take about an improvisation i have done today

feel free to critics !

My respects Sarge

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2017, 08:33 PM
Nice!! Sounds a bit like Marty Friedman to me. I like where you are going with it! I also like how you follow the song in terms of melody and the chops you play. Being able to respond to a backing with feeling is the hard part. You have a really good handle on it. I think it's time for you to start writing your own material!

Sarge

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Feb 23 2017, 02:28 PM) *
Hi Sarge

This is a short take about an improvisation i have done today

feel free to critics !

My respects Sarge

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Feb 25 2017, 09:03 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Todd smile.gif

i have done lots of mystake, but i was searching ways to plays, so this push me to do some off notes or timing issue !

If someone want to comment this impro , feel free to do it

Cheers

Evelyne

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2017, 05:19 PM
As this is your bootcamp forum, it may get more response in the chill out section or another part of the open forums? I thought even the mistakes worked smile.gif I know you are working on a very hard bootcamp lesson as well so taking a break and playing other stuff can be a good thing. The lesson you are on is just flat out hard. Being that you will be the only one ever to complete it, if you complete it, it will be quite an accomplishment. Let me know if you have any questions smile.gif

Sarge

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Feb 25 2017, 04:03 PM) *
thanks Todd smile.gif

i have done lots of mystake, but i was searching ways to plays, so this push me to do some off notes or timing issue !

If someone want to comment this impro , feel free to do it

Cheers

Evelyne

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:03 AM