2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Fractal
Phil66
Apr 23 2019, 09:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Link to the release pdf below wink.gif

https://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/190423-Fra...ler-MultiFX.pdf

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2019, 07:44 AM
GMC:er
Nice!!! Price is right too smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 23 2019, 04:19 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 24 2019, 08:48 AM
Learning Roadie
I knew this would happen, 4 weeks after I buy the Ax8

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 24 2019, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 24 2019, 07:48 AM) *

laugh.gif

But the differences reminded me of what zoom did when they updated their processors, the new obviously has improved software but for many the hardware was a no-go.

Lack of footswitches, no screen protection bar, no fast knobs for amp settings....anyway once the hype goes away I'm pretty sure like other fractal stuff the ax8 will also hold value pretty well so no worries.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 24 2019, 12:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 24 2019, 03:48 AM) *

I thought of you as soon as I saw the post title. Don't worry, yours is no less good today than it was yesterday. It's a lot like smartphones, there's always a new unit around the corner, can't worry about that.

Line 6 really set the standard for new floor units, they are all taking direct design inspiration from the Helix. Screen & UI, control layout, navigation controls, colored footswitches, even the I/O on the back looks familiar.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Apr 24 2019, 12:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2019, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 24 2019, 04:48 AM) *

I don't see this one as a replace to Ax8 so the price of your device won't decrease if you preffer going for the new one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 25 2019, 05:32 AM
I agree. This doesn't look like a replacement, it's just to fill a price point that they didn't have before that all the other vendors did have. Something around $500.

Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 24 2019, 01:29 PM) *
I don't see this one as a replace to Ax8 so the price of your device won't decrease if you preffer going for the new one.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 25 2019, 08:19 AM
Apparently if you're on the waiting list for an AX8 they will transfer your request to the FM3

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anno...ocessor.149900/

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2019, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 25 2019, 04:19 AM) *
Apparently if you're on the waiting list for an AX8 they will transfer your request to the FM3

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anno...ocessor.149900/

That's weird!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 25 2019, 04:35 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I think maybe that is if you change your mind about getting an AX8 and decide you would rather have the FM3. Also, I didn't think they had a wait list anymore for the AX8. Maybe Posterboy can tell us if he had to wait for his but from following his thread, it seemed like he got it pretty quick after ordering.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 25 2019, 04:55 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 25 2019, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 25 2019, 03:35 PM) *
I think maybe that is if you change your mind about getting an AX8 and decide you would rather have the FM3. Also, I didn't think they had a wait list anymore for the AX8. Maybe Posterboy can tell us if he had to wait for his but from following his thread, it seemed like he got it pretty quick after ordering.

That was only posted two days ago on the official Fractal forum. It all seems strange to me.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 25 2019, 08:37 PM
It was only a matter of time before they finally made a product that was along the same line as the smaller helix/head rush units imho. I'm glad to see it happen. Folks can get an axe fx unit with built in foot control for a price on par with other units. I could see folks adding a controller board to it just to have more stomps and wah/volume.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 26 2019, 08:21 AM
GMC Founder
Cool, looking forward to coming demo videos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 26 2019, 10:56 AM
There are interesting arguments going on about the unit, best is to be patient and wait for release/comparisons.

Its noted the ax8 and the fm3 will share pretty much the same processing power. So its not certain how crippled it will be compared to the axe fx 3 (no dual amps for fm3 as far as I understand), which also involves future updates.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 26 2019, 11:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 26 2019, 04:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2019, 01:56 AM) *
There are interesting arguments going on about the unit, best is to be patient and wait for release/comparisons.

Its noted the ax8 and the fm3 will share pretty much the same processing power. So its not certain how crippled it will be compared to the axe fx 3 (no dual amps for fm3 as far as I understand), which also involves future updates.

I think if i had to choose, I would go with the AX8 from what I have seen so far. I think it would be better suited for live use because of it having more foot switches. I actually have my eye on a used one here locally at the moment. The price is pretty good and includes a flight case, an expression pedal and a couple of the Fractal cables.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 26 2019, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2019, 07:02 AM
It seems that they are trying to join other vendors in making a mid price unit to fill the gap between the really pricey units and the lower end of the market. Getting an AXE FX for about $500 is a bit of game changer imho. That's just barely more than I paid for my Eleven Rack. I'm glad to see them hit this market segment. Same tone, just less buttons and less I/O pretty much.

The AX8 is still a killer device as it's got the foot controller built in that this smaller unit just does not have. I'm betting we start seeing this unit with an FCB101 or something similar as a controller. That way you get all the foot control and all the tone and it costs about a third of getting a full axe fx 3.

Not to mention the used market. These will probably have high resale value, but still, a used one of these units, once used ones become available, could run $350. That's very reasonable and about the sweet spot where I'd look at getting one for myself. Looking forward to hearing more demos!
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2019, 05:56 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 27 2019, 08:11 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2019, 06:02 AM) *

I read list price 1400, direct 1000 for the price of the unit?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 27 2019, 06:57 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I doubt that the FM3 will be under $1000. Certainly not $500. All of the Fractal units have been holding their value pretty well too, at least around here when you can find them, They usually sell pretty quick too. The Eleven Rack on the other hand you can find for $100 quite often around here. I bought one with a nice case for $100 last summer just for the heck of it. My idea was that I would run my FX8 in the fx loop of the Eleven Rack and just use the amp and cab sims as a way to record direct and be able to use the fx and overdrives from the FX8.
Attached Image
Maybe the FM3 would be a good choice for me for recording but I think I would rather have the AX8 in case I wanted to have another unit that I could use live as well without getting another footswitch unit.

Curious to see where you found a price for the FM3, Mertay. I haven't seen it myself yet.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 28 2019, 06:47 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 27 2019, 09:16 PM
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2886...nounces-the-fm3

Made a search to be sure, but 1000 was on my mind before that link released. Maybe saw it on a forum post on thegearpage, can't remember.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 28 2019, 06:42 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 27 2019, 12:16 PM) *
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2886...nounces-the-fm3

Made a search to be sure, but 1000 was on my mind before that link released. Maybe saw it on a forum post on thegearpage, can't remember.

Cool, thanks Mertay. cool.gif I'm confused though. As far as I know, the only way you can purchase Fractal gear IS factory direct. Unless something has changed and they are now supplying retailers, which I don't think is the case.

The FM3 doesn't seem to be listed at the Fractal site yet.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:54 AM