> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Lukasz Drazek's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2017, 01:38 PM
Instructor
yes, that's a good plan. Do you have any new lesson in mind?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jan 25 2017, 10:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I dont have any in mind. I believe on you. My mentor smile.gif Routine need to be effective. I got time for fun, after routine. Lets be real soldier in army. On next week i give a shot next take of videos. I hope polished one biggrin.gif

P.S. I want choose some hard ones, but im scared of difficulties. And maybe you can recommend some lessons and let slowly move up (improve) with difficulties. Long term goal, move own technical skills up to 10 lvl. No mercy smile.gif I will try workout systematically .

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Jan 25 2017, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2017, 01:22 AM
Instructor

STEP 1: Polishing your technique

Assignment 2:

Ok, on this new assignment we will take your alternate picking to a new level. This is the lesson for the next 12 days:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

Deadline: February 7th

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Dec 21 2017, 04:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey, i got now much more time, and wanna sit up with guitar smile.gif My goal is try be as systematic as i can. I want improve my technique mostly next year + theory with improvisation in additional practice free time.
I think i have atleast 1 hour per day to practice. I was thinking about refreshing Busido Tasks
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...p/Bushido_Tasks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2017, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Nice to read this!!

I love the Bushido Tasks structure. Would you like to work on it and share your progress here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Dec 22 2017, 06:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, i will share videos on this thread for your feedback, and archive my progress as well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2017, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Great!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Dec 28 2017, 02:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Beginner Bushido Task 1:

Beginner Bushido Task 2:

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Dec 28 2017, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2017, 04:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Lukasz!

Great to find these videos here!! These are going well. The main thing to improve on these ones is timing. I notice timing issues when you please triplets and also 16th notes in the first video. The second one is better regarding timing but I think that there is some room to make it sound tighter. Mostly when you start a new pattern in the second half of the vid.

Some more days of practice would be a good idea. What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jan 4 2018, 12:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab,

There is my new attempts for those task:

Beginner Bushido Task 1 - take 2

Beginner Bushido Task 2 - take 2

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2018, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Lukasz! Great job! Your timing is much better on both takes. I can see important improvements. There is still some room to improve this but you are very close. I would keep these ones in your diary routine for some days, while working on new lessons. What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 7 2019, 12:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

I am a bit ashamed that the same story starts again. I would like to resume our mentoring. Sorry Gab!

It seems to me that motivation is my main problem. I need to work on consistency. Still my general goal is improve technique, so mostly wanna work on technique.

To remind my current level there is a rec videos. I got something around 1 hour a day.

I think to build consistency i need deadlines or regular videos to see my progress, what do you think about it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2019, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Lukasz! Let's get back to work mate! smile.gif

One question...

What things do you enjoy more playing? When do you find yourself playing guitar and time flies?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 7 2019, 07:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

It is difficult for me to answer these questions, but I will try to describe my observations.

Mostly I have such intervals where I would spend playing the guitar 24/7, and sometimes I do not have this thing for a few months. Such points are, for example, local guitar competitions, live concerts of favorite artists. It is something that pushes you forward and at the same time requires you to be better and better.

Trying to look back, one of the factors was probably monotony (i focused most my time on practice - 90%) , but at the same time I wanted to achieve perfection in lessons.

Probably often wanting to achieve perfection, I wanted to see the results too quickly. No quick effects, something that caused a lack of willingness to continue playing the guitar. But looking at all of our mentoring, I see a huge progress, which could actually be much bigger if I did not allow such larger periods where I did not play the guitar.

In conclusion, the 1 hour mentioned by me is the time of the exercises themselves. The time I want to completely devote to the guitar is 1.5h-2h. Where this extra time will be the time that will cause that time will pass very quickly.

That's how it all looks in theory, knowing life, this theory may look completely different.
That's why I do not want to promise anything anymore. Currently playing the guitar is one of my hobbies. One that is not highly prioritized. But inside I want to develop in this aspect too.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2019, 07:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for this info.

So your motivation is totally related to objetives. The new questions are why do you play guitar? What do you want to achieve? What's the desired destination? What would make you happy regarding music?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 9 2019, 10:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Seemingly simple questions, but over an hour I was thinking about them and I still do not know the "real" answer. The ones given below after reading seem quite general. They can practically be targets for every guitarist.

I started playing the guitar because I just started listening to more rock / blues / metal music, and I wanted to at least replicate songs / riffs / solos that I liked. Playing the guitar is also my de-stressing method. It lets me lock myself in the room and fly away into another reality. For a moment, do not think about work, problems.

I want master all guitar related topics, for example:
- improve guitar playing technique
- improve improvisation skills,
- be able to learn songs by ear.
- others about which I do not know yet

Currently the ability to replicate known songs/licks/melodies would make me happy. Right now,I do not enjoy creating my own music, probably because every what I can create I do not like.

Over time, probably later, it may be more fun to create my own music? It's gonna change? Hard to say.

This post has been edited by Lukasz Drazek: Jul 9 2019, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2019, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Ok mate! Let's get into work:

For improvisation work, I recommend you to get into Collabs. It can be a good excuse to work on new concepts, styles and backing tracks.

Current collab: LINK

You can use THIS LESSON as inspiration. Jam School series are VERY inspiring. Is your question is "How can I be better at improvisation?", the answer is DOING IT, IMPROVISING. Think on one concept each day ("Blues as a tool" is a "concept" example) and improvise.

Then we have other 2 things to work:

Learning songs. What about learning a new solo each week? It doesn't have to be difficult, some suggestions:

Technique. We have lots of lessons for technique. The most important techniques to work now are:

Alternate Picking
Legato
Bending and Vibrato

Let me know your thoughts.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 13 2019, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

Sounds great! I'm thinking about 20 min for each section.

Improvisation (20 min) - i will try improvise some to backing track from active collab
Learning Songs (20 min) - I gonna learn Metallica - One 1st solo
Technique (20 min) - In this section, I was thinking about resuming work on Ben Bushido Tasks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2019, 10:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lukasz Drazek @ Jul 13 2019, 08:34 AM) *
Hey,

Sounds great! I'm thinking about 20 min for each section.

Improvisation (20 min) - i will try improvise some to backing track from active collab
Learning Songs (20 min) - I gonna learn Metallica - One 1st solo
Technique (20 min) - In this section, I was thinking about resuming work on Ben Bushido Tasks

Great! We have a deal! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lukasz Drazek
Jul 24 2019, 08:05 PM
Learning Roadie
To your information, in a week i should post some videos

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:24 PM