Just Wanted To Say Thank You!
Owen
Nov 20 2007, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
For the sweep picking basics lesson! cool.gif laugh.gif

I was expecting learning sweep picking to be an absolute slog! It took me months on end to learn pinch harmonics with ease - I had to learn the technique just by fiddling on my own, but those three videos have helped me grasp the basic feel and movements of sweep picking within only several weeks - which for me is an achievement!

I'm now finding it easy to do simple 3 to 5 string sweeps which I would have just been confused over otherwise.

Its been a great reference point for me so I just wanted to say thanks for making it! I stuck by what you were saying in it and as far as I'm concerned its more than paid off! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 20 2007, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Hey thanks man! I'm glad they are useful! smile.gif Sweeping can be a pain in the ass if not explained/showed properly and i am glad i did it the right way for you to get it down! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 20 2007, 10:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
i must add Pavel, if not for your sweeping lessons, i would still be doing 3 string sweeps at 2 BPM for practice laugh.gif

Just like Owen said, sticking by what you said has paid off

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 20 2007, 11:47 PM
Instructor
I never had a teacher on sweeping, not the private one, and the instructionals i were using never explained it good enough so i had to get to it by myself and eventually i actually could explain it in words. As it turned out - successfully. And i am glad about it! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah you really showed it well. smile.gif

Everyone I knew to me was like "Owen, sweeping's really hard, you'll never manage", but I made such fast progress using that lesson I felt a bit bewildered at how easy it was, all it required was a little bit of thought with slow and steady application, I'm going to challenge my hand at some of the more complicated material next though, so I shall report back as to how that goes laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 21 2007, 12:51 AM
Instructor
Great! Yeah, a track of progress is a great thing! Make sure to post us some videos or something smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 12:57 AM
I'll see if I can post some audio at somepoint - I'm still not 100% on cleaness so I want to get the muting and stuff tidied up a bit at first then I will post an mp3 or something like that + I also want to learn a few more arpeggio's! smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 23 2007, 04:28 AM
Ok, i must say this Pavel.

Past week i have been practicing a Necrophagist song with some very tough sweeping, and today, about 8 days after practicing it, i got it!

I Went back to all your old sweeping lessons and relearned the ones i forgot, and practiced them extra long, 2-3 hours a day, and its really payed off, So just a friendly thank you for providing these lessons, they have shoved my Sweeping and overall playing by leaps and bounds smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 23 2007, 04:57 AM
yes i agree that lesson got my started sweeping the right way smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 23 2007, 10:25 AM
Instructor
Cool guys, thanks! But still - don't hurry with it - sweeping is a really wide technique - lot's of tricks to master wink.gif So keep on practicing the simple shapes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 23 2007, 11:40 PM
Ive been taking it real slow, about 10 months or so and im still taking it slowly wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:22 PM