New Zoom R24 Digital Studio
MickeM
Sep 16 2010, 11:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I got my Zoom R24 today. We use the R16 in the rehearsal room and it's served us fantasticly! Now I got the R24 for my own home recording, for 15 years I've tried to convince myself computers are the best. (which they probably are but maybe not for "old school"-me)

The cool thing with this machine wasn't that it's got 24 channels, won't use them, but it comes with a drum machine. Makes it useable for home recording and song writing.

I know, computers can do it but I've felt with the band that the R16 was so easy and quick to operate where a computer always will fumble sooner or later, takes time to start, sometimes gets occupied with some background task and steals CPU for a second etc etc.
Maybe something for my likes that find computers a bit tideous to work with wink.gif

Not a toy, a tool Will have fun with it though biggrin.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2010, 11:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations! I totally understand you - if I had a choice I would definitely use unit like this for home recording/band practice recording etc. I like it hardware and that drum machine would be really useful for bass practice too wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 24 2010, 04:54 PM
Instructor
seems like a cool small handy portable tool

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2010, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
Looks pretty spiff wink.gif I did hear that there were some lag issues on the 16 but I gather a firmware update took care of that? I'm using a Tascam M-164UF (digital mixer/usb connection) in my project studio and have really loved it. I record via garage band or Logic but I can see how in a live room, having a computer might just slow things down. You really just want to hit RECORD and go.

I have recorded multiple tracks at once using LOGIC but rarely need to go above 4 at a time as I don't track drums here. Let us know how this unit does in the field. I"m curious about it. Works as a DAW controller too.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM