> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

John Petrucci Style, First Scale
Jorge
Dec 19 2007, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
Mr Leopardi
Como estás profesor.
Estoy en la lección del estilo de John Petrucci: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo/index.htm
He tenido muchas dificultades para superar la fase No 3 de esta lección y es que me siento muy torpe con el ataque de la púa. Me he dado cuenta que la manera de atacar las cuerdas que uso es distinta a la tuya, porque desde hace años he usado la configuración de tres toques por cuerda de la siguiente manera: Down-Up-Down /Down-Up-Down, y en la lección tu haces Down-Up-Down//Up-Down-Up//Down-Up-Down.
y es que de la manera en que lo haces suena mejor, pero la costumbre que he traído me ha impedido el aprender esto, por otro lado, siento una descincronización con las dos manos, ya que pareciera que el ataque que hago con la púa es antes de yo colocar el dedo en el traste.
Me gustaría observar si usas y como haces el Palm Mute.

Por favor si me puedes dar algunos tips para poder lograr hacer esa escala, ya llevo cuatro días. Empecé por hacerlo lo mas lento posible y allí voy, pero cuando quiero ejercer algo mas de velocidad, involuntariamente el ataque de la púa es incorrecto.

Gracias Mr. Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
JRockGonzalez
Caracas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Muris Varajic
Dec 19 2007, 03:30 AM
Instructor
This is JUST not fair sad.gif

Sorry for hijacking Gabriel tho biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2007, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jorge @ Dec 18 2007, 11:29 PM) *
Mr Leopardi
Como estás profesor.
Estoy en la lección del estilo de John Petrucci: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo/index.htm
He tenido muchas dificultades para superar la fase No 3 de esta lección y es que me siento muy torpe con el ataque de la púa. Me he dado cuenta que la manera de atacar las cuerdas que uso es distinta a la tuya, porque desde hace años he usado la configuración de tres toques por cuerda de la siguiente manera: Down-Up-Down /Down-Up-Down, y en la lección tu haces Down-Up-Down//Up-Down-Up//Down-Up-Down.
y es que de la manera en que lo haces suena mejor, pero la costumbre que he traído me ha impedido el aprender esto, por otro lado, siento una descincronización con las dos manos, ya que pareciera que el ataque que hago con la púa es antes de yo colocar el dedo en el traste.
Me gustaría observar si usas y como haces el Palm Mute.

Por favor si me puedes dar algunos tips para poder lograr hacer esa escala, ya llevo cuatro días. Empecé por hacerlo lo mas lento posible y allí voy, pero cuando quiero ejercer algo mas de velocidad, involuntariamente el ataque de la púa es incorrecto.

Gracias Mr. Leopardi

Hola Jorge! Bueno, la tecnica de púa que te acostumbraste a usar es lo que se llama economy picking o sweep picking y fue popularizada por Frank Gambale. Es una técnica muy util porque hace que todo lo que tocas lo toques de una misma manera, haciendo el cambio de cuerda mucho más fácil.
Lo que es verdad es que cuando tocas con esta técnica suena diferente. El lick ese que estoy tocando en esa parte es un lick en el estilo de Petrucci y obviamente Steve Morse. Para poder sonar como ellos tenes que hacer uso estricto de alternate picking.... es decir siempre down up down up aunque haya cambio de cuerda. Va a ser dificil acostumbrarte a esa técnica al principio pero con mucha practica y paciencia vas a lograrlo.

un saludo y cualquier duda consultame

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 19 2007, 04:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 18 2007, 09:30 PM) *
This is JUST not fair sad.gif
Sorry for hijacking Gabriel tho biggrin.gif

Nothing important Muris , he is just saying that gabriel is his favourite player , and that he wants to learn all of his lessons, so he asks gabriel to go directly to Caracas, Venezuela to teach him, thats all.

Speaking serioulsly , jorge is having trouble with the in the style of petrucci lesson by Gabriel, because of the alternate picking, jorge has learned the economy picking and its taking a lot of effort to change that.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2007, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 19 2007, 12:05 PM) *
Nothing important Muris , he is just saying that gabriel is his favourite player , and that he wants to learn all of his lessons, so he asks gabriel to go directly to Caracas, Venezuela to teach him, thats all.

Speaking serioulsly , jorge is having trouble with the in the style of petrucci lesson by Gabriel, because of the alternate picking, jorge has learned the economy picking and its taking a lot of effort to change that.

laugh.gif laugh.gif thank you for the traduction!!

gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:59 PM