I Need New Tunes!
Landara
Jul 24 2008, 04:15 PM
GMC:er
I am out of things to listen to! I can't think of or find anything to download or buy that I haven't already got, and I really want some new music! Any suggestions would rule! I like amazing guitar, very high production quality, high quality vocals(I dont mind a screamer but really prefer a singer) and I'm a sucker for a hot chick singer =p. Bands I like right now are:

Bullet for My Valentine
All That Remains(Fall of Ideals only)
Nightwish
System of a Down
Children of Bodom
Lacuna Coil
Rise Against
Serj Tankian

These are just some examples of music that I'm into right now, please if you happen to have any suggestions, let me know!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Landara: Jul 24 2008, 04:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 25 2008, 01:44 AM
Try some manly Power Metal/Heavy Metal stuff.

Into Eternity
Brainstorm
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
3 Inches Of Blood
Manilla Road
Pyramaze

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 25 2008, 01:44 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 25 2008, 01:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
Chimaira
Soulfly
Killswitch Engage
Alter Bridge

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 25 2008, 01:59 AM
Well, I think you might like Machinae Supremacy. They play something that they call "SID Metal" wich is basically like heavy metal or hard rock (sometimes even bordering to power metal, the reason I'm not a huge fan anymore) or whatever with a synth with a SID-chip. (the soundchip from the Commondore 64)

Here are three songs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XLvuARVtwXs - Flagcarrier (featuring a chick singer with an amazing voice)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iXHRFFUzME8&feature=related - Hero (featuring amazing lyrics for video game geeks)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F_hgh5jLTuE&feature=related - Player One (also featuring some amazing lyrics for video game geeks)

That's quite old stuff from them, I don't really know that much about the latest stuff, but check them out if you like any of these songs.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Jul 25 2008, 02:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 25 2008, 04:58 AM
Gojira
Messugah
Before the Fall
Five Finger Death Punch
Threat Signal
Threshold
Angra
Arch Enemy (Hot chick singer biggrin.gif )
Lamb of God
Mastadon

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 25 2008, 05:43 AM
Hot chick singer? Arch Enemy! laugh.gif
Opeth are amazing, I recommend them to anyone.
Same goes for Mastodon, it may take you a little while to get used to their meter, and time changes tho.
Protest the Hero is a cool newer band, singer and guitars are amazing.
Between the Buried and Me are a great band aswell.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 25 2008, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sonata Arctica (!!!!!!)
Amorphis (!!!!!)
Kamelot
Within Temptation (Hot chick singer ^^)
Raintime
Epica (Redhead chick singer biggrin.gif)
Dark Moor
Angra
Freedom Call
Firewind
Edguy
Masterplan
Pagans Mind
Stratovarius
Wolfcry

A couple of my favourite bands =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 25 2008, 07:44 PM
What about Ill Nino? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rngW4rDtY GREAT BAND GREAT SINGER

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 25 2008, 07:46 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 27 2008, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Check out

Sabaton
Insania
Rhapsody Of Fire
Mors Principium Est

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 27 2008, 08:06 PM
Ever heard Persuader? Really great power metal band from sweden, and the singer reminds me of Hansi Kürch from Blind Guardian smile.gif not a hot chick tho

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 27 2008, 08:17 PM
Persuader is so awesome!

There songs are very very catchy! I love Evolution Purgatory

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Jul 27 2008, 10:44 PM
If you like to have a diversity of vocalists you should certainly check out Ayreon but it is hard to get into because it is very progressive, so you should have quite some listening fortitude, and you might find it useful to have the lyrics nearby. recommended albums: Into The Electric Castle and The Human Equation.
I would love to bugger the instructors here for an Ayreon lesson tongue.gif

Iced Earth nuff' said! recommended albums: Something Wicked This Way Comes and Something Wicked part1

Evergrey perhaps one of the most underrated bands ever. Recommended albums: In Search Of Truth and Monday Morning Apocalypse

can't go wrong with Motörhead Lemmy certainly isn't a hot chick (although he is the Messiah of rock 'n roll) , but this band will certainly make you wanna pick up some hot chicks and party all night long tongue.gif . Reccomended albums Ace Of Spades and Bastards

Opeth! Thou Shallt Listen To Opeth. Perhaps one of the greatest bands at the moment. Each record get's better and better. Vocals are a mix of hauntingly beautiful clean singing combined with death grunts by the same guy, don't ask me how he manages not to ruin his voice. Recommended Albums: Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries

Epica I must admit I haven't listened much to Epica yet but from what I have heard they are great. Besides Simone Simons is truly eye candy (and my girlfriend agrees rolleyes.gif ).

hope these help in your quest smile.gif

J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:28 AM