Creativity, B.Radovic's advice on strange things sounding...
utak3r
Jan 12 2009, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
B.Radovic said in Instructor's corner:

When composing songs, try to think about all the possibilities around you for sounds and effects. Between myself and my band mates we have so many toys, instruments and gadgets to choose from we can come up with very unique things. Some of the most interesting sounds in songs from the past were made with the mundane objects around you in creative ways. For example, the clanking metal sounds in Metal Gods by Judas Priest was made by a tray of forks and spoons being shook. And multi tracked like 15 or 20 times to get that sound. Or another great example, is Billy Squiers tune "The Stroke" that bass drum is not a bass drum at all, its a huge cardboard box being beat with a screwdriver with lots of plate reverb on it. Just be creative.

Well, I want you to watch this video. It's the band which took their try at Polish version of "Got talent". This is all about this subject....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 12 2009, 02:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Just a little correction , that advice was wrote by instructor Daniel Robinson ! smile.gif

Yeah that video is all about that smile.gif You can really make music out of anything if you have a good imagination and ear smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2009, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Well that is very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing. Often the most unusual sounds will sound very cool and effective, and the band will get publicity because of that. I doing a gig where the percussionist played some kind of a Brazilian large bass kick instrument with rings, and it sounded much better than the regular congas or bongos, and it sounded really cool. That definitely left the impression of a unique performance.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 03:10 PM
I've seen a band like that live before. They were great. Also one of my mates bands has a bass player, a violinist and a hoover player lol. laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 12 2009, 03:20 PM
Instructor
That is very cool!
We should put up a video collab like that... :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 12 2009, 02:20 PM) *
That is very cool!
We should put up a video collab like that... :-)

haha. That'd be awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 12 2009, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Cool video, thanks for sharing !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 13 2009, 07:16 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great video, they remind me of Laibach from Slovenia

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:24 AM