Gmc Chat Problem
David Wallimann
Jun 11 2007, 01:50 AM
Instructor
Each time I click on the Chat box, my browser closes on me...
Has anyone had that problem?
I'm using Internet Explorer 7

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 11 2007, 08:22 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Jun 11 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Each time I click on the Chat box, my browser closes on me...
Has anyone had that problem?
I'm using Internet Explorer 7

No help available.
I use Firefox but I've tried IE7 and it works just fine for me.
Maybe check your java-version. I had to upgrade to 1.6.0_01 to get it working, I had some old 1.4-something. But now I'm told that the Line6 software isn't comfortable with 1.6 java-version. :/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 11 2007, 09:34 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Here are the instructions from the chat page that I guess you never get a chance to see if everything shuts down. Hope it helps.
-----------------------------

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows™ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java™ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Java™ Support for your browser from one of the following links below:

* Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)
* Sun Java™ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run the software. We strongly recommend upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Java™, WebTV users will not be able to access the live chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 11 2007, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot!
I downloaded the latest Java Sun and it works great now.
Thanks again!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 07:52 AM
ive been having problems with the chat room too. Everytime i get in, nobody is there, and nobody answers. All i can see are messages from users who probably logged off already, since i always see goodbye messages, etc.. Is anyone else experiencing this?

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jun 13 2007, 08:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that is normal.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 08:15 AM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Jun 13 2007, 01:02 AM) *
I'm pretty sure that is normal.

umm ok. its still strange tho.... huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Jun 13 2007, 12:04 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 13 2007, 08:52 AM) *
ive been having problems with the chat room too. Everytime i get in, nobody is there, and nobody answers. All i can see are messages from users who probably logged off already, since i always see goodbye messages, etc.. Is anyone else experiencing this?

We use a "chat history" to display some of the latest chat messages when you log in. We have left that on so far, anyway, so that's the reason that you see this smile.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 08:24 PM
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Jun 13 2007, 05:04 AM) *
We use a "chat history" to display some of the latest chat messages when you log in. We have left that on so far, anyway, so that's the reason that you see this smile.gif

Ok, thanks alot for clearing that out for me. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:05 AM