> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
George Hlio's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2016, 02:15 PM
Instructor
It's up to you. REC is better because you receive feedback from different instructors. You also receive grading but it's just as reference of your progress.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 8 2016, 09:49 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!
As you asked me, here is the metal rhythm REC:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry728576

And Gabriel... thanks for all the help and the time you dedicate to make me a better guitar player!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2016, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Commented and graded there! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 9 2016, 04:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
As always thanks for the awesome feedback Gabriel!
I have some questions of course
QUESTIONS NOT EXACTLY RELATIVE TO THE FEEDBACK:
1) I understand and I will play it every day as a part of my rhythm workout, but right now should I go for another take as soon as possible or should I move on to work and do a REC for another metal rhthm lesson?
2) I would really love to do your Papa Roach goes djent lesson, but since it is in Drop C, can I change the key and play it on Drop D or Drop A(since I have a 7 string)?

QUESTIONS RELATIVE TO THE FEEDBACK:
1) About the chord changes point, can you give me an example on my take, so that I can focus?
2) I don't understand what you mean about the keys being the first and the following elements. Could you further clarify?
3) About the dynamics point I understand, but I have 1 question: Are the dynamics associated with how hard I hit the strings?

FINAL QUESTION:
You are my mentor and you have already seen 4 RECs from me, so what do you think that I should work next?
Should I go on my own pace or is it something that you consider important that I must do?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2016, 02:00 AM
Instructor
Hi friend!

QUESTIONS NOT EXACTLY RELATIVE TO THE FEEDBACK:

1) I think that it's ok to start a new lesson and keep practicing the old one. When you feel some improvements you can post the lessons at REC, no matter which one first.

2) Sure, you can do it and add a text explaining this when sharing the lesson at REC.

QUESTIONS RELATIVE TO THE FEEDBACK:

1) 00:9, 00:17, 00:51, 1:08.

2) My phrase is not totally clear. I meant that the first element in my comment there(chord changes) and the following (dynamics), added to the comment by Darius about tone are things that will help to make your take sound clearer and cleaner.

3) Are the dynamics associated with how hard I hit the strings? EXACTLY.

FINAL QUESTION:
You are my mentor and you have already seen 4 RECs from me, so what do you think that I should work next?
Should I go on my own pace or is it something that you consider important that I must do?

I think that you are on the right track with your practice. Regarding technique I think that it's ok to continue polishing the current lessons and add some new stuff a bit more difficult. It's important to have a balanced routine that covers different techniques, but also some theory / composing stuff to be sure that you are training your creativity and learning concepts to be able to create your own solos and songs. It's also important to analyze the lessons that you learn to understand the theory behind it. Finally, creating your own variations of the solos over the backing tracks is very recommended.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 11 2016, 07:02 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel!!!
Crystal clear as always with the mentoring!!!!
I will try something harder and I will improvise on the backing tracks creating variations of the solos!!!
Whatever news and questions I'll let you know here as soon as possible...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2016, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Excellent! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 15 2016, 09:31 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!!!
Got another metal rhythm lesson in the REC zone!!!
Can't wait for your feedback there!!!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

Also here is my 2nd take on Vai Made Easy... smile.gif
Today I had lots of free time and I cannot even count how many hours I 've practiced tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2016, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Hi George! Thanks for the links, I'll comment there. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 16 2016, 08:43 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!!!
Thanks for the feedback which is great as always!!!
For the Vai made easy REC I have nothing to say except thanks for your kind words, since although you are honest and always point out my mistakes, you also reward my efforts!

QUESTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE METAL RHYTHM WORKSHOP REC:

1) Sometimes I feel like I cannot hear the backing track loud enough, so that might be the cause of my timing issues, but on the other hand of couse you are right in the point that this take does not feel easy for me so it needs more time...Should I put the backing tracks a little louder?

2) I use 2.0mm dunlop picks...Although I have a feeling of ''safety'' when I play with them, I cannot dig the strings...What would you suggest? Can I be benefited from using thinner picks(by your experience)? By the way I've used thinner picks before but I found the thick ones more comfortable..

QUESTION NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE METAL RHYTHM WORKSHOP REC:

1) When I post the videos in the REC zone I can't find anything really wrong with my takes, but when you give me your feedback I become aware of my mistakes and try to fix them. So my question is: Do you believe that I should dedicate more time on my takes(something I already do anyway- I mean I really work hard) before posting them on the REC zone or is it good enough and I should continue with what I do?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2016, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Hi George, thanks for your words, I'm happy to know that my feedback helps.

About your questions:

1) If you can't hear them put the louder for recording, then when mixing set it as it sounds in the lesson.
2) I think that you'll find more comfortable with 1.5 mm picks that are still thick enough for metal but more comfortable than 2.00.

1) No, it's ok to share takes every time you want to receive feedback from us. That's the main goal of REC.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 18 2016, 08:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel!
1) Everything ok, but for the 1st question, I am producing the video with a simple webcam, I have no DAW or anything to make the mix, of course in the near future I plan to buy an audio interface, but currently that option is unavailable sad.gif Or is there some way I can manage the situation differently?
2) I am now working on your Papa Roach goes Djent lesson in Drop A with my 7 string...Amazing lesson really, I am having lot's of fun!
Can't wait to become a little better so I can start playing your metalcore series!!!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 20 2016, 05:29 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Also Gabriel, I have now ready one more double REC:

and

Let me know when you can about your thoughts on my takes!!!! Thanks Gabriel!!!!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 21 2016, 10:59 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gab! Thanks for the feedback on Papa Roach goes djent! As I stated above I have no DAW, I simply record through a video webcam! I have transposed the track with a programm called transcribe but you are right it does not sound that much...So from what I understand I should put the backing track higher, right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2016, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Check out this video and let me know if it's clear:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 21 2016, 03:19 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!
The video you posted me seems a lot of work and I will work on it over the next few days, so I 'll try it step by step and ask you anything during the process...
Also thanks about being always so accurate and quick with your feedbacks on my RECs! I always appreciate it!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2016, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Using this video will be a very wise invested time... smile.gif

Thanks for your words. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 11 2018, 01:38 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!
Nice to be back in our mentoring program!
I am currently working on 2 lessons : Metal essentials 2 and beginner soloing 2 by Darius
I will soon have a REC on the first one, but at the beginner soloing I am having trouble with the bends especially the unison!
I do have a 7string with 10s and 11s so I find it harder to bend
I have also bought a cheap 6string lefty and I am thinking of putting 9s. Is it ok to work on the track with 9s?
I think it will be easier from the perspective of both the thickness of the strings and the thickness of the neck

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2018, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Hi George! Great to find a new post from you here! We are back! smile.gif

I don't think that it's a good idea to have different gauges on guitars that have the same tuning. If you practice on 09 strings guitar, then you'll find the other guitar so difficult to play with. Unless you tune your 7 strings guitar lower, I would keep the same string gauge on both.

I'll wait for your new vids!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 12 2018, 10:30 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Basically it is the opposite... I practice on 10s(EBG) for the 3 highest strings and 11s on 4 bottom strings (BEAD).
And I actually find it difficult to unison bend on 10s, but you are right! I must put more work and get used to bending

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:12 PM