Engl Invader, Are any Engl Invader user out there?
FelixU
Jun 18 2008, 07:44 AM
GMC:er
I wanna start an specific topic for the ENGL Invader because i would love to talk about your experiences, sound settigs, setups what ever.....

It's so hard to find some invader users on the web or these guy are not really communicative.
I think it would be very helpfull because in my opinion we are all searching for the best tone we can get.....

wink.gif

Would love to hear from you.....

Felix

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 18 2008, 09:59 AM
Have you got an EngL amp?

I'm guessing they are easy to get hold of in Germany smile.gif

I am thinking of buying one so wanted to know your thoughts on them.

I've heard they sound incredible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FelixU
Jun 18 2008, 01:37 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 18 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Have you got an EngL amp?

I'm guessing they are easy to get hold of in Germany smile.gif

I am thinking of buying one so wanted to know your thoughts on them.

I've heard they sound incredible.

Hey
I hope my english is not to bad – so if I am making many mistakes I am sorry.

Yes I got the Invader 150 but you can ask me also any question about the Savage 120 and the Powerball because my friends are playing these amps.

But at the very beginning which kind of music do you like to play?

Are you an die hard pop rock guy do you prefer blues or metal of funk?

Don’t get me wrong - these are really good a versatile amps but I want to answer your questions in detail!

First of all - I am just a guitar player as you are - i am not a sales man - and I am very very critically when I am testing gear
I think that’s why the guys in the music store of my hometown don't like to argue with me.

I think that Engl amps the best amps you can buy in stores (WOW What a statement ;-) )

They are very versatile and they are build like a ROCK!
Just compare the wooden body of the Mesa Dual R. and of an Engl Amp.
It's as twice as thick!
The usability is very good and intuitive.
All of these tree amps got their own voicing except the invader this machine is different.

All Amps got 2 mastervol. knobs / Presence and Depth punch and so on take a look in the manual there you will find the whole specification

The Savage is a great amp for Blues / Rock / Metal
I would the describe the sound character with - a very powerful midrange – Classic rock tone
Cause of this midrange it’s got a warm clean tone a powerful bluesy Lead.

It’s an 4 channel Amp but it’s not –
It’s an 2 channel Amp with 4 modes Clean ; Crunch1; Crunch 2 and Lead

You got one EQ for Clean and Crunch 1 and second EQ for Crunch 2 and Lead but for the lead channel you got a separate treble knob.
There are a bunch of switches on the amp where you can activate some different voicing’s like a some kind of scooped sound

The Powerball
Is a way more modern Amp and it’s got tons of gain

2 Channels 4 modes
One EQ for clean and Crunch
One EQ for Rhythm and Lead
Clean -> it’s a good clean tone but not one of the best I’ve heard
Crunch -> Cool Rock sound
Low Lead -> Cool Rock sound
High Lead -> it screams metal

The Powerball is am awesome Rock and Metal Amp but I would not play some blues.
So if you like any kind of Metal it’s your amp. It’s heavy, its brutal an awesome metal machine.

The invader is different - it’s the marketing slogan and it’s not a lie

4 complete independent EQ for 4 Channels with 8 Modes (low and high gain)
The low and high gain mode changes not only the amount of gain - it’s changing the whole voicing of the channel

The idea behind those 4 channels is not

Okay the first one is the clean channel ….

No with each channel you can achieve hardly any sound you want
Just the amount of gain is increasing with each channel – but you can also play a lead solo with the first channel if this is the sound you are looking for.

Channel 1: clean to crunch (awesome clean tone blues country funk what ever )
Channel 2: crunch to rhythm and lead ( very warm crunch, warm leads good rhythm metal and rock from the 80ties Iron Maiden to Metallica )
Channel 3: Crunch to Rhythm and lead (modern crunch sounds and modern metal lamb of god / Devil driver/ machine head ….. )
Channel 4: very strong Mids (Crunch rhythm Lead)
I think the Mids are to strong for a good rhythm sound but it’s the ultimate lead channel.
Harmonics and tapping’s sounds awesome

In many many forums you will find postings with – the invader is a shitty amp but

It took me about over 6 months to learn this amp because it’s so sensitive
If you are changing the presence knob from 5 to 6 you got an complete different sound

So nobody could tell me the he/she is able to checkout the whole sound of the invader in their music store within 10 minutes to one hour.

I think the invader is the best Engl amp together with the special edition amps

Check out the homepage of “rock solid amps “ http://rocksolidamps.com/ there you can find sound files – these files (of each amp) sounds like the original amp without any fakes

You can compare the invader power and the flexibility with the mesa road king but in my opinion is the sound of the invader way better and you have to spend about one grand more for the road king. (okay the rode king got some additional features but as an semi professional guitar play you don’t need more flexibility as you get with the invader - that’s for sure )

But a very important thing is the box - if you got enough money please by the XXL cabinet because the difference between the standard box and this one is like day and night.

If you got any other questions let me know.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 18 2008, 01:47 PM
WOW. That is a long answer. biggrin.gif Cheers for spending the time to give me all that information. I was thinking of getting the Savage 120 is it? I like Jazz, Metal and Rock the most and those are the styles I tend to play. I need a big amp for playing some of the outdoor gigs we have been invited to play smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FelixU
Jun 18 2008, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 18 2008, 01:47 PM) *
WOW. That is a long answer. biggrin.gif Cheers for spending the time to give me all that information. I was thinking of getting the Savage 120 is it? I like Jazz, Metal and Rock the most and those are the styles I tend to play. I need a big amp for playing some of the outdoor gigs we have been invited to play smile.gif

The Savage is a good choice
Like I said all Engl Amps got tons of gain and the Savage will definitely fit to your style!
A very cool feature of these amps is that you don’t have to crank them up like hell to get a good sound – the stage sound benefit from this option – and the guy’s at the mixers will love you too.

but check out the sound file at rocksolidamps.com and make your decision.
These files are really close tho the natural sound of the amps.
I can't stand these soundfiles whitch are in a complete high end studio quallity and you can't tell how these amps realy are

But don't forget if you can affort it - buy the xxl cabinet

cheers
Felix

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 18 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Nice answer man, you should do a review with this text, just add some pictures and there you go smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FelixU
Jun 18 2008, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 18 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Nice answer man, you should do a review with this text, just add some pictures and there you go smile.gif

Okay
I will add some more information about the Amps and like you said some pics

coming up soon

Cheers

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 19 2008, 01:38 PM
Singing Instructor
Thanks for this mini review,cant wait for the full one.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
FelixU
Jun 21 2008, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Jun 19 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Thanks for this mini review,cant wait for the full one.smile.gif

The Review is online.........

+Quote Post
FelixU
Jun 24 2008, 12:48 PM
But now seriously -
Are there any Invader user out there.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:22 AM