Party Piece Solo "i Remember You"
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2020, 06:08 AM
GMC:er
**Guitar Pro File
Attached File  Skid_Row___I_Remember_You.gp5 ( 57.47K ) Number of downloads: 63

There are certain guitar solos that folks just tend to try and sort out and make youtube vids for. You may have noticed that certain solos have become somewhat iconic and wads of folks take a stab at them. I"m going to focus on a few of these in coming posts. First up. The solo for "I REMEMBER YOU" by SKID ROW. This is a classic 80's Power Ballad that has just a whif of fine aged cheese to go with the finely played melody/harmony. It's not a shred fest, yet it's packed with enough technical bits to make it tricky. If anyone has a version they'd like to share, please do share it!

First up, here is Scotti Hill from SKID ROW with a tutorial on the right way to play it. Many folks play it by ear as I probably would as well, and sorta guess. Evidently, so many people got bits wrong that Scotti thought he'd make a vid showing it done correctly and done slowly for each section. He explains it quite well. If you have ever wanted to take a stab at it, this vid is a good place to start.

There are some very good versions of the solo on youtube. Here is one I thought was very spiff.

This one had some good vibrato.

This is a really solid one with tabs!!

Any of you guys try this solo?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 9 2020, 06:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:23 AM