> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Argennau's Guitar Diaries
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Good morning man!

Welcome to your spot of constant evolution tongue.gif

I will start out by asking you to tell me your story smile.gif Your gear, your musical preferences, your aspirations, experience?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 14 2012, 12:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 14 2012, 08:26 AM) *
Good morning man!

Welcome to your spot of constant evolution tongue.gif

I will start out by asking you to tell me your story smile.gif Your gear, your musical preferences, your aspirations, experience?

Cosmin

Hello again smile.gif

Well, where do I start?
In the past I played piano and keyboard in music school, but I found great rock music which changed my point of view about guitar players. I made a dream to be a guitarist in a band (aspiration n1 ). I got a noname classic guitar for my birthday many years ago and I started to learn by myself. It was terrible.. I wanted learn hard songs while I couldn't play anything. My motivation turned into disappointment very fast. I made nearly nothing for years until i bought my electric guitar (Cort X1 guitar pack). I started learning again, but my guitar playing evolved very slowly. It's clear now, I need some guidance because I can't make it alone :/ And now I have a new positive thinking and I feel nothing can stop me to be a better guitar player biggrin.gif
I think my experience are between beginner and pre-intermediate. I really want to be better in rythm and solo playing. And I hope I can make my own sound in the future.
I listen rock/metal most of time, but I like nearly all music genres. I see only good and bad music.

ohh.. my biggest weakness is playing with metronome... but I already practice a lot with it.

Can you explain me what is the mysterious "one thing" i need to focus?? rolleyes.gif
If anything's unclear feel free to ask! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Howdy man smile.gif Well, that one thing, to start with is to focus on our own uniqueness rather than trying to hopelessly imitate some great player to no end. Most people want to sound like x and y and z, but they end up as bad copies, instead of being brilliant as themselves.

One guy is not that proficient in alternate picking but he is good with legato and bending and so on - we owe it to ourselves to discover our qualities and take them to full level smile.gif

In the mean time, I think you should focus on rhythm playing, ear training, articulation and maybe some alternate picking/ legato in the beginning. Sounds like too much? No worries we'll make it fit your time smile.gif

What do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 14 2012, 07:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 14 2012, 04:56 PM) *
What do you say?

Cosmin

I'm agree with you. Let's do this cool.gif

I already started the following two lessons:
The voice of your guitar by you
Him style: love metal by Gabriel Leopardi

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Argennau @ Nov 14 2012, 06:33 PM) *
I'm agree with you. Let's do this cool.gif

I already started the following two lessons:
The voice of your guitar by you
Him style: love metal by Gabriel Leopardi

Absolutely great! We can focus on these 2 then as they incorporate lead and rhythm playing smile.gif Just the thing!

Tel me mate, do you have any possibilities to record video/ audio?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 15 2012, 11:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 15 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Tel me mate, do you have any possibilities to record video/ audio?

I found a video tutorial in the REC topic. I will try it tomorrow, I hope it works with my laptop. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Argennau: Nov 15 2012, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Ok, but tell me if you have any questions and I would also be curious to ask about your progress with these lessons so far smile.gif

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 17 2012, 12:22 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 16 2012, 03:36 PM) *
Ok, but tell me if you have any questions and I would also be curious to ask about your progress with these lessons so far smile.gif

Him lesson:
I can play the rythm part with 120 BPM. I didn't start the solo part yet.
Your lesson:
I know half of the song with 50.

Should I record the rhythm and lead together or make separate videos?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, well, together as layered tracks, can you do that? smile.gif If you haven't done it yet, tell me and I'll tell you what's what wink.gif

Uh-oh, about my 'Voice of your guitar' lesson - take care about the details mate wink.gif Be careful at every bend, intonation and such!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 17 2012, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 17 2012, 02:49 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2012, 02:17 PM) *
Hey mate, well, together as layered tracks, can you do that? smile.gif If you haven't done it yet, tell me and I'll tell you what's what wink.gif

Uh-oh, about my 'Voice of your guitar' lesson - take care about the details mate wink.gif Be careful at every bend, intonation and such!

No worries, I can do the video. tongue.gif

Yeah, the bends are really tricky. I have to ask on thing: what's the real difference between bend and bend-release? I'm not sure I truly understood this.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Argennau @ Nov 17 2012, 01:49 PM) *
No worries, I can do the video. tongue.gif

Yeah, the bends are really tricky. I have to ask on thing: what's the real difference between bend and bend-release? I'm not sure I truly understood this.

biggrin.gif Alright mate - well, when you bend you only reach a certain pitch but when you bed and release, you reach the pitch intended when bending and come back again at the original note smile.gif Hope this makes sense, does it? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 17 2012, 04:59 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2012, 02:55 PM) *
biggrin.gif Alright mate - well, when you bend you only reach a certain pitch but when you bed and release, you reach the pitch intended when bending and come back again at the original note smile.gif Hope this makes sense, does it? laugh.gif

Yeah, thanks smile.gif
I did it right every time, I'm calm now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Argennau @ Nov 17 2012, 03:59 PM) *
Yeah, thanks smile.gif
I did it right every time, I'm calm now biggrin.gif

Very good! biggrin.gif Waiting for the results wink.gif

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 20 2012, 08:51 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 18 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Very good! biggrin.gif Waiting for the results wink.gif

Im curious too... but I have less time to practice now. Too much university stuff.... :/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Argennau @ Nov 20 2012, 07:51 PM) *
Im curious too... but I have less time to practice now. Too much university stuff.... :/

See man... school is nothing but a scam to make us play less guitar... laugh.gif Take your time bro! Better to play 30 minutes a day rather than none and 5 hours in a weekend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 24 2012, 01:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 21 2012, 09:46 AM) *
See man... school is nothing but a scam to make us play less guitar... laugh.gif Take your time bro! Better to play 30 minutes a day rather than none and 5 hours in a weekend smile.gif

Yeah :/ hard times are coming in school life...
But I reached 120 BPM with lead guitar in HIM lesson. cool.gif I still have few mistakes, but It will be okay very soon. I hope I can make the full video in Thursday or Friday.
About your lesson... it's very very tricky. rolleyes.gif I don't see the light in the end of tunnel tongue.gif

Can you offer me some lessons? I'm looking for new adventures!
Two more questions: is it a good thing to analyze other guitarist play style? Do I have to get more knowledge (about music theory) first before it?

Have a nice day! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Argennau: Nov 24 2012, 01:22 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2012, 09:57 AM
Instructor
Patience is the key here smile.gif

Try to internalize everything you learn, at first! Listen to the whole lesson as many times as possible until you are able to hum it over the metronome smile.gif

I strongly suggest you to finish these first and then we can move on wink.gif Getting crammed will not help out too much and getting things done at a faster pace (but correct nonetheless) will motivate you towards new challenges!

It's a very good idea to analyze a guitarist's style, even borrow ideas, but it's not good to become obsessed with sounding and playing like that one smile.gif You will want to be x, y and z and I for one would like you to be yourself, as a player and human being. It's far better to understand one's style and as I said, borrow things from his/ her playing and play them like YOU would biggrin.gif

Who did you have in mind?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Argennau
Nov 29 2012, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 24 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Who did you have in mind?

Cosmin

Ahh There are many great guitarists laugh.gif
Sorry for the late answer, I have really little free time now mellow.gif
I installed the softwares but ASIO4ALL doesen't seems to work.. dry.gif I have no idea how to make it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Argennau @ Nov 29 2012, 07:53 PM) *
Ahh There are many great guitarists laugh.gif
Sorry for the late answer, I have really little free time now mellow.gif
I installed the softwares but ASIO4ALL doesen't seems to work.. dry.gif I have no idea how to make it.

I think Todd Simpson knows more about the digital devices than me - you could send him a PM and he will direct you towards a good solution, I think.

Anyway, if you could give me a few examples, I would have a much better view on things regarding your preferences - let's say top 3? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Argennau
Dec 10 2012, 03:32 PM
Hy Cosmin!
I just have to say I'm alive. I'm practice every day, but I have so much things to do too :/ (**** university huh.gif )
I will come back soon with the promised video, answer, and stuff wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:01 AM