Howlin Wolf-the London Sessions, One of the greatest blues albums ever-featuring the young Clapton
ItsMe
Apr 21 2010, 09:56 AM
GMC:er
Ever listend to this classic album? Love the blues?

You have to get it. Heard it first when I was 13 or so. My dad had bought the LP at some outlet store. I grabbed it and never gave it back to him. Some years ago it appreared on CD and I got it. The CD got lost though.

Anyway just bought an Fender Champ 600 copy from the" Music Store" housebrand Fame and fired it up, plugged my Strat in and there it was: exactly the sound of this recording. Sound like Clapton now. Got the album on i-tunes and I am happy again. Souly, funky blues in good´ol 60's style. Great stuff.

This is not the best song of this album but a classic

one more

a beautifull cover version of sitting on top...

and another one

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Apr 21 2010, 10:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Apr 21 2010, 01:16 PM
Even though not many people know that album I think its way cool and one of Claptons best works

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 21 2010, 01:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome, Howlin Wolf is epic, a real innovator by that time!
Thx for sharing!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 22 2010, 12:24 AM
This is a classic that every electric guitar owner should listen. Is just amazing

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2010, 06:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for this recommendation! I was looking for some great blues albums and this thread came up nicely! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Apr 22 2010, 11:10 PM
Instructor
man, it sounds very cool, thanks for sharing

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:18 AM