2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitar Suggestions
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 12:25 AM
GMC:er
hey guys i have aroud 200 - 400 euros to spend and i need to get a guitar to play with dif tunning on guigs? do you guys recomend any cool guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2011, 12:59 AM
Dif tuning such as? Drop? Open?

Care about new or used? Whammy?

Given the open question, I'd say an open answer would be get whatever plays/sounds best at the tuning your wanting. Go to a guitar shop and tune several and try them. Don't buy first or you may tune and say "yuck!"

If you are thinking DROP tuning, I'd say skip the drop and buy a seven string!

Todd
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 16 2011, 06:25 PM) *
hey guys i have aroud 200 - 400 euros to spend and i need to get a guitar to play with dif tunning on guigs? do you guys recomend any cool guitar?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 01:18 AM
i don't want wammy. i am going to half/step down and D Standard

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 17 2011, 01:19 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 17 2011, 01:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow, there are so many out there. Are you looking for a rhythm or a solo guitar?

Here I are some I would love to get if I were in your shoes. Just throwin' ideas out here. wink.gif

Soloist
Rhythm

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 17 2011, 01:30 AM) *
Wow, there are so many out there. Are you looking for a rhythm or a solo guitar?

Here I are some I would love to get if I were in your shoes. Just throwin' ideas out here. wink.gif

Soloist
Rhythm

i am both Lead ad Rhythm player on the band so i am looking something that could work out on both, don't need to be something like godlike, for exempl aight now i am guig'ing with a 100 euros epiphone SG special, and it kicks ass.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 17 2011, 01:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
I would think about Todds ? . If you ever think you will tune lower then that , get a 7 string
you can still D-tune a 7 string and then the b string becomes the 6th strings minor third

My new guitar is a schecter , since I am lefthanded I had to order it without playing it ,and with out a doubt it is my favorite

+Quote Post
Fran
May 17 2011, 10:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 17 2011, 02:33 AM) *
i am both Lead ad Rhythm player on the band so i am looking something that could work out on both, don't need to be something like godlike, for exempl aight now i am guig'ing with a 100 euros epiphone SG special, and it kicks ass.

If you like SGs and just want to improve your current axe, I'd suggest you save a bit more and get a Gibson SG Faded, they go around 600 new, and are awesome for the money.

http://www.thomann.de/es/gibson_sgspecialf...wb_egitarre.htm

http://www.thomann.de/es/gibson_sgspecialfaded_wc.htm

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
zen
May 17 2011, 12:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Schecter biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2011, 12:32 PM
Instructor
That's the choice that is up to you, there are many guitars that can fall in that range, too many. There are however two main directions you can go:

1. To have similar guitar with 2 humbuckers for other tunings
2. To have completely different guitar that will enable you to have different sounds on stage

I would choose the first option. Fran suggested getting Gibson SG faded. I would definitely consider that option, since it would be an awesome upgrade from your existing axe. Also, be sure to check out SG raw power series as well. I'm not sure in what direction you want to go, but I've found SGs to be extremely well built and well voiced guitars for both rhythm and lead. They are very comfortable for playing too.

Another option would be to try out some PRS cheaper models, like Tremonti model. If you find it second hand and a nice piece, you can get yourself excellent rhythm&lead guitar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 12:55 PM
ty guys i think there is one Gibson SG faded at the local shop gonna try, try it today

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2011, 02:09 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif Let us know how it went smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 17 2011, 02:54 PM
I'd for for something with a comfortable neck, so it's hard to suggest something. Try out the Deluxe ESP LTD series, I own the LP model (EC-1000), but always get great comments on it from people who regularly play expensive guitars. Definately great for the price. Check out the EC-1000, MH-1001 FR and FM. Also heard good things about this: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-stan...e/fx-360sm.html

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 09:46 PM
went to the shop i they had already sold the fade one, so i try another one and i am serious thinking on buying it its a white SG G400 custom [

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 17 2011, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 17 2011, 10:46 PM) *
went to the shop i they had already sold the fade one, so i try another one and i am serious thinking on buying it its a white SG G400 custom [

I advice you not to. I have myself an Epi G-400 (regular one, not custom), and although it's a small step above the one you own, you should aim for something better at this point. Why spend 400 on another so-so guitar when you can save a bit more, and get the real deal cool.gif

On top of that I really dislike that G-400 "custom"... all it has is 3 not so good pickups, and is quite neck heavy, which the other big problem my G-400 has compared to the real SG.

Don't rush it, save a bit more, even if you need to wait a while, you'll feel better in the end, trust me cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 17 2011, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ May 17 2011, 05:07 PM) *
Don't rush it, save a bit more, even if you need to wait a while, you'll feel better in the end, trust me cool.gif

I agree 100% with this. Yes its nice to just have a new guitar. I bought an ESP LTD Alexi-600 because I seen it on a whim and I really just wanted to spend money. I got it for a good price but they don't sell back for high cash because its not really something everyone would want. I regret it when I could have just saved that cash for something else or even bought my Gibson Explorer sooner. So as my parents always told me save for what you really want and if it takes that much more time, you will value it more.

I also am looking at new a new guitar. I'm thinking a 7 string or even a strat to give myself more playing options. I have some extra cash laying around if I wanted to go on a whim. But I remember the LTD I bought so I'm just waiting it out to get something well worth my time for waiting.

- Travis S.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2011, 10:33 PM
Instructor
I'm with the guys on this one. I've made similar mistakes couple of times. Try to save for Gibson one, don't worry it will appear in the next 2 weeks or so. Look a bit more, be patient, it will pay out in the long run.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 17 2011, 11:54 PM
yah i know, i would do that too but the problem is that i am not the one paying it this time it's my dad and he doesn't want to afford much more and the gibson one have a extra euros on it .....

is kind of a grab it or lose it situation x D..

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 18 2011, 12:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 18 2011, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Then wait smile.gif This is the best advice I can give to you. Getting another Epi won't get you far, and you will find yourself searching for another guitar very soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
May 21 2011, 07:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I feel for your situation. What about asking Dad if we could postpone the purchase til maybe a birthday or holiday when you might get some money as a gift that you could put toward the purchase as well. This might show Dad you are serious & that you have put a lot of thought into it. Just a suggestion, good luck in your decision!

Gary F.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zraw
May 21 2011, 08:32 PM
If you can find a dealer, try some Hagstroms. I have an Ultra Swede, which is a bit different from a normal les paul: its a bit lighter, brighter and has a super slim neck +coil tap. The finish is absolutely amazing. Check it out, its just under 400E at thomann.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:38 AM