2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitar Pro.. I M Angry, Impossible to create a tab
Phil66
Nov 3 2021, 02:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 3 2021, 02:25 PM) *
I figured it was that, so I went ahead and made a video about a "clean up" of the tab. I remember your posts about it in your thread. I'm gonna post a video about clearning up the tab very soon. I hope you'll like it smile.gif It's sort of related to this thread, but I'll also post it in your personal thread as a reply to those old posts. I hope that's okay.

If you don't want to watch 1+ hour then watch the first 4 minutes and the last 4 and check out the uploaded tab.

Here's my GP7 interpretation of the lesson, which I created in the above video:

[attachment=52943:poor_man..._fix_BEN.gp]

For the sake of comparison:

Thanks Ben,

I don't mind you posting in my thread as long as Gab is okay with it wink.gif

Thanks for doing that, not sure when I'll get time to compare but I do remember Gab saying it was always tricky with blues stuff, I guess if it's true non composed blues (or anything for that matter), notes aren't going to fit into GP.

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 3 2021, 02:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 3 2021, 03:33 PM) *
Thanks Ben,

I don't mind you posting in my thread as long as Gab is okay with it wink.gif

Thanks for doing that, not sure when I'll get time to compare but I do remember Gab saying it was always tricky with blues stuff, I guess if it's true non composed blues (or anything for that matter), notes aren't going to fit into GP.

Cheers

Phil

I don't think it's that they don't fit, more a case of making it easier to approach and learn. I've done my interpretation and also posted it in your thread. Gab can scold me if I did a bad thing laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 3 2021, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
Super great job everyone. It's great to see folks all working together to sort things. On the poor mans blues, after listening to the track an then looking at the tab i can finally understand the issues. The song has some slurred notes that would not line up very well in tab as they are playing sort of around the beat instead of with the beat. Super job by Ben in his multi cam vid. I hope that vid makes it's way to wiki.

Killer work by Mister M as well and thanks for the great vid!!! Your English is perfect btw!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 3 2021, 09:34 AM) *
I don't think it's that they don't fit, more a case of making it easier to approach and learn. I've done my interpretation and also posted it in your thread. Gab can scold me if I did a bad thing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 3 2021, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 3 2021, 06:55 PM) *
Super great job everyone. It's great to see folks all working together to sort things. On the poor mans blues, after listening to the track an then looking at the tab i can finally understand the issues. The song has some slurred notes that would not line up very well in tab as they are playing sort of around the beat instead of with the beat. Super job by Ben in his multi cam vid. I hope that vid makes it's way to wiki.

Killer work by Mister M as well and thanks for the great vid!!! Your English is perfect btw!

Thanks for checking out the video, Todd. It can be put in the wiki if people want it there. I don't mind smile.gif I learn a few things every time I do videos like these, as I come to think of better ways to do it. Trial and error, as they say smile.gif

Did you get to check out the final version at around 1 hour and 9 minutes in, or the full tab? smile.gif I think I sort of compare the tabs naturally throughout the video, but sitting through a 1 hour video is a long time. I just wanted to record it all though. I suppose I could boil it down to 10-ish minutes too in another video.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 3 2021, 05:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 4 2021, 12:16 AM
I liked what you did with it. Made it work quite well imho smile.gif A shorter version would be cool as well.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 3 2021, 12:58 PM) *
Thanks for checking out the video, Todd. It can be put in the wiki if people want it there. I don't mind smile.gif I learn a few things every time I do videos like these, as I come to think of better ways to do it. Trial and error, as they say smile.gif

Did you get to check out the final version at around 1 hour and 9 minutes in, or the full tab? smile.gif I think I sort of compare the tabs naturally throughout the video, but sitting through a 1 hour video is a long time. I just wanted to record it all though. I suppose I could boil it down to 10-ish minutes too in another video.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 4 2021, 12:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 4 2021, 01:16 AM) *
I liked what you did with it. Made it work quite well imho smile.gif A shorter version would be cool as well.

I think the original tab was off a bit, and it made it difficult to identify how to "feel" it. I.e. the first notes was notated as falling on the 4th beat and the end of the phrase on the 2nd beat of the next bar, when it was in fact more so playing around with being an 8th note triplet off from the beat and in other cases landing ON the beat. Most of it was notated as landing exactly on the beat, which doesn't really give that "drunk feel" vibe. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 4 2021, 06:13 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

I finished... wouh.... A lot of work ! It's hard to keep focus front my computer. wacko.gif
I uploaded my tab pdf and .gpx on my google drive

Can you download this links ?
Tab gpx
Tab pdf

Cael, can you tell me if I need to improve things?
Thank you Todd, I should try to make videos in English more often in order to progress in the language

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 4 2021, 06:38 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 4 2021, 03:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 4 2021, 07:13 AM) *
Hi

I finished... wouh.... A lot of work ! It's hard to keep focus front my computer. wacko.gif

Tab gpx
Tab pdf

Thank you Todd, I should try to make videos in English more often in order to progress in the language

All the bars are good now, yes. I like the ideas too! Well done! cool.gif

Now it's just a matter of experience and learning a little bit here and there every time. smile.gif

-----------------

TAB TIP OF THE DAY

My tip for today is for EVERYONE working on tabbing, learning notation and such (including some instructors, in fairness, as I see this in lesson tabs too at times):

Remember the conventionel standards of showing underlying beat placement. It makes it much easier to understand where the notes fall in relation to the pulse (1, 2, 3, 4). In 4/4 you will most often see notes tied together in relation this quarter note pulse. This means the flags for each pulse adds up to one quarter note (two 8th notes, four 16th notes and so son).

I have used your tab, MisterM, I hope it's okay.

Consider these examples, where I have tried to write out the quarter note pulse, but because of the notation it is not really possible. I would never have these numbers (1, 2, 3, 4 above the sheet) in a normal tab, but here it is just to show the issue:

Attached Image

It can be a bit tricky to see where the first bended note is placed in the bar. It's not that it is impossible to read, but it means you have to look at the rhythm values and see that before that note it goes 16th + 8th + 8th, which adds up to five 16th notes, or a quarter + 16th. It is not wrong to tie them together like this, but it doesn't indicate the quarter note pulse very well - in fact it indicates more of a pulse of five 16ths note, then quarter and so on.

If we look at the following example it becomes a bit easier to see that the underlying pulse is in quarter notes (you don't put the numbers, but I had to write them to show the example of why it's easier to read):

Attached Image

It's easier to see that the notes are tied together in groups of four 16th notes - or two 8ths or 1 quarter, which indicates the underlying pulse.

Of course this can be expanded up and go deeper, but I think this is a good starting point cool.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 4 2021, 03:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2021, 03:10 AM
I teach English online at cambly so I see many people working on their English skills an I can say, your English is qreat! Many folks struggle to get as fluent as you are. Great thought to speak in more youtube clips. The more practice the better!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 4 2021, 01:13 AM) *
Hi

Tab gpx
Tab pdf

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 5 2021, 11:49 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Cael

Thank you for these explanations.
I am working on a Darius tablature right now.
This one helped me understand how to sound the same note on 2 bars.
I’m starting to get familiar with GP.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 5 2021, 03:10 AM) *
I teach English online at cambly so I see many people working on their English skills an I can say, your English is qreat! Many folks struggle to get as fluent as you are. Great thought to speak in more youtube clips. The more practice the better!

Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 5 2021, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 8 2021, 09:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 3 2021, 02:25 PM) *
Wow! That makes me feel happy inside biggrin.gif This is such a good job! Well done, MisterM! And your English is PERFECT! We understand 100% everything!

I figured it was that, so I went ahead and made a video about a "clean up" of the tab. I remember your posts about it in your thread. I'm gonna post a video about clearning up the tab very soon. I hope you'll like it smile.gif It's sort of related to this thread, but I'll also post it in your personal thread as a reply to those old posts. I hope that's okay.

If you don't want to watch 1+ hour then watch the first 4 minutes and the last 4-10 minutes (about 1 hour and 9 minutes in) and check out the uploaded tab.

(It's uploading and processing)

Here's my GP7 interpretation of the lesson, which I created in the above video:

[attachment=52943:poor_man..._fix_BEN.gp]

For the sake of comparison:

Thanks Ben, I've sent you a PM,

I appreciate you taking the time to do this, I'll have to watch it in installments.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:05 AM