> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Funktheblues's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2016, 08:22 PM
Instructor
Hi FunktheBlues! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FunktheBlues
Sep 17 2016, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
[quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Sep 17 2016, 07:22 PM' post='738084']
Hi FunktheBlues! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar? 40 years

- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians. Everyone from BB King to Hendrix to Yngvie. A few more...Jeff Beck, Gary Moore & Micheal Schenker during my metal days, Robben Ford, Joe Bonamassa, Jonny Winter, Robin Trower, Frank Marino, Larry Calton....really just too many to name. In my opinion, the best living and most versatile guitarist I have ever seen is Steve Morse. I started following Morse in 1980 after seeing the Dixie Dregs play at my College bash. I wanted to cry & laugh at the same time he was so good. He raised the bar for me that day

- What are your guitar goals? To take the gift that God blessed me with and make sure I use it to become the best player possible. I am starting Dubspot next month in NYC to take the 6 month course on Ableton live which is the DAW I chose for my home studio. I want to be able to write original material and do something unique that has never been done before using my playing skills and the technology now available to guitarists like MIDI guitar which I play. I want to master the ability to play whatever I hear in my head and get it immediately to my fingers without searching out notes. I also will become a singer and take vocal lessons.

- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)? I will be gigging regularly and producing local talent. I will master the neck of the guitar so I can play in any style without thinking about the fretboard. I can do that with the blues but want to learn to play outside using chromatic tones, diminished scales etc but do so tastefully. I mentioned Yngvie and and respect and love his playing, but not looking to become a shredder even though I want the ability to shred occasionally. I prefer the less is more approach and like how Gary Moore (RIP) used vibrato and I can play Gary Moore tunes. Some say he is a shredder but I never thought so. I like playing soulfully and as an example, Santana's Europa is the type of song that moves me yet I can easily play. I will be producing new talent and have a record label. I will be collaborating with musicians from around the world writing music online.

- How many time can you play guitar each day? 10 hours. But I need to organize my practice routine so it's efficient. There is a difference between practicing and playing around having fun and both are important. I also will be spending 3 hours a day learning Ableton because by mastering that DAW, it will be easy to lay down ideas, edit them, and also want to use Ableton during my live solo gigs because I play MIDI guitar as well and need to control the soft synths loaded inside Ableton.

- Do you have playing live experience? Yes. Played in metal bands, blues bands, and hard rock bands.

- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar? Strong points is my ear which enabled me to learn almost any song before I had any formal lessons or even new what a pentatonic scale was. I was playing 4 years at the time and could play just about any song except the heavy hitters like Steve Morse, Yngvie etc. I also took a college class in music theory back in 1980 and that was the best gift I ever gave myself because all of a sudden, everything started to make sense on guitar. I am also very type A and when I set a goal, I will accomplish it.

Weak points. I am not focused enough to stay on a single topic and easily get bored and move on to something else. I can not play everything I hear in my head immediately on guitar. I have to "find" the notes using my ear. I can not play "outside" fluently even though I understand the concept of chromatic notes and how they should be used. I can not do sweep picking and never even tried to once to master that style. I was always into alternate picking and just recently started to add legato to my playing. I feel like I should be so much better considering how long I have been playing and have decided to take my playing to the next level. Only way for that to happen is to have a mentor who will also be my accountability coach. That is the key for me to improve. As long as I agree to our goals for the week, knowing I will have to prove to you I did what I said by uploading a video, I know I will improve faster now than I have my entire life.

- What do you know about music theory? AS I mentioned, I took a music theory class in 1980, and although I do not read music, I understand basic theory like cycle of 5ths, modes, building triads from scales, arpeggios, chord patterns like 1 IV V & II V I, understand how chords are formed and the notes that make up chords so I understand why a chord is minor versus major or diminished by the intervals of the notes.

- Can you record videos of you playing? YES...if you show me how to. I have an Imac at home that has a webcam. What I can not figure out is how to import a backing track into Ableton so I can jam along with it and then upload. I am sure you know exactly what I need to do to accomplish this. I would even purchase a GoPro camera if necessary.

- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

I have only uploaded one song to SoundCloud and it was more of an EDM type instrumental using nothing but my hollow body guitar you will see in the below picture on SoundCloud. All the music was recorded using nothing but that guitar and software inside of Ableton. Drums were finger drummed using the Push Controller. Again, this is not a good representation of my playing but it is the only thing I have to upload. Visit My Website

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2016, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for your info! The first step would be to hear and see you playing any GMC lesson that includes rhythm and soloing (it could be 2 lessons).

This video will give you tips on how to create guitar videos:

Regarding what lessons to choose, I'd like to let you check out guitar archive and choose one or two lessons that you find interesting and that motivates you to practice.

Then, I'll start giving you assignments with clear goals, and deadlines.

Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:44 AM