3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Instructor Collab: Red Shot, Let's combine our chops!
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2010, 10:54 AM
GMC Founder
We (GMC instructors) have been speaking about having a go at another instructor collab - it's been a while since the last one! So I have prepared two backings of my latest tune (check it here).

The idea is that anyone may have a go at any part(s) and then I will do my best to glue it together into something really cool. It would be absolutely awesome if we could put together a youtube video of this as well - but we can discuss that later on!

* Please send me all takes starting from point 0 on the backing - to make it easier for me to mix this. You can upload the mp3 here or send me the wave file for optimal quality.
* Please do not use any reverb at all - this way I can apply the same reverb to all takes to make the mix sound more unison.

How about we give this three weeks - so deadline would be June 18th.

Backing with drums/bass/guitars: Attached File  red_shot_bt.mp3 ( 4.98MB ) Number of downloads: 699

Backing with drums only: Attached File  red_shot_bt_drums_only.mp3 ( 4.98MB ) Number of downloads: 415

If you are semi tone deaf like me you might appreciate to know the backing harmony:

Tuning Eb - Tempo 110 BPM.

'0 - '22 Bass plays A
'22 - '57 Em tonality

'57 - 01:14
E5 C5 B5 F#5
E5 C5 B5 D5

01:14-01:29 Riff explained here

01:31 - 01:49 riff based around E5 F#5 G5

01:49 - end:
E5 C5 B5 F#5
E5 C5 B5 D5

Can't wait to hear someone else's take on this! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jun 1 2010, 07:47 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 28 2010, 02:56 PM
Instructor
awwww i got some homework to do biggrin.gif
quick thing kris, no reverb, no delay?, i like to use some tape echo to my leads, you know vintage sound biggrin.gif, but it's cool if you want it dry wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 28 2010, 03:57 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ May 28 2010, 03:56 PM) *
awwww i got some homework to do biggrin.gif
quick thing kris, no reverb, no delay?, i like to use some tape echo to my leads, you know vintage sound biggrin.gif, but it's cool if you want it dry wink.gif

Well tape echo might work - I don't have any experience from mixing vintage sounding takes with modern ones, but I think I will be able to find work arounds. So do whatever feels right to you - I sense we are going to hear some really cool stuff from you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 28 2010, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Hey kris, i couldn't control myself and found the perfect excuse to jam around for a while smile.gif
so i made this take, i didn't played the whole thing, just what i think suits my playing best, it is a pretty hard rock/metal tune, but i think i found a place for my blues roots biggrin.gif, hope you like it!

i recorded the intro and from 1:14 (a little groovy part and a crazy lead wink.gif )

Attached File  red_shot.mp3 ( 4.98MB ) Number of downloads: 516

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 29 2010, 07:41 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ May 28 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Hey kris, i couldn't control myself and found the perfect excuse to jam around for a while smile.gif
so i made this take, i didn't played the whole thing, just what i think suits my playing best, it is a pretty hard rock/metal tune, but i think i found a place for my blues roots biggrin.gif, hope you like it!

i recorded the intro and from 1:14 (a little groovy part and a crazy lead wink.gif )

Attached File  red_shot.mp3 ( 4.98MB ) Number of downloads: 516

Awesome!! Haha this is going to be really cool - maybe someone else wants to pick it up from where you ended so we can have a question and answer thing throughout the tune?! Would be killer.

This is really exciting, can't wait to see where we land.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lale Nikic
May 30 2010, 07:50 PM
Instructor
UUUH I LIKE TO JAM ... will do some jamming on this one ... hopefully i'll post it soon...great work adrian very cool licks...

--------------------
www.myspace.com/magmametalband

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2010, 11:28 PM
Instructor
great job Adrian, sounds super cool! biggrin.gif I'll record something after you intro then! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 31 2010, 04:32 PM
Instructor
this is really cool! I've downloaded both Bts, so I will come back with my take in a week or so! this is fun! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 31 2010, 05:50 PM
Instructor
thanks guys!!!
looking forward to your follow up take ivan, this is going to be fun!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 09:46 PM
Instructor
Recording something tomorrow, need a video too, so this is why it's taking some time. Hopefully it will look good biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 31 2010, 10:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 28 2010, 11:54 AM) *
If you are semi tone deaf like me you might appreciate to know the backing harmony:

Tempo 110 BPM.

'0 - '22 Bass plays A
'22 - '57 Em tonality

'57 - 01:14
E5 C5 B5 F#5
E5 C5 B5 D5

01:14-01:29 Riff explained here

01:31 - 01:49 riff based around E5 F#5 G5

01:49 - end:
E5 C5 B5 F#5
E5 C5 B5 D5

Can't wait to hear someone else's take on this! cool.gif

LOL ,I'm definitely deaf. The backing track is from Es minor !! or I have to visit a doctor ?!? huh.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: May 31 2010, 10:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 31 2010, 10:22 PM
Instructor
you have to tune ur guitar a half step down biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 31 2010, 10:24 PM
Instructor
Uhhh ..thanks Adrian smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2010, 07:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Lale Nikic @ May 30 2010, 08:50 PM) *
UUUH I LIKE TO JAM ... will do some jamming on this one ... hopefully i'll post it soon...great work adrian very cool licks...

Cool Lale - it's an honour that the first collab you join is mine, can't wait to hear your take! =D

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ May 31 2010, 11:08 PM) *
LOL ,I'm definitely deaf. The backing track is from Es minor !! or I have to visit a doctor ?!? huh.gif

See!! Told you I was tone death tongue.gif No seriously I forgot to mention the tuning - fixing it now!

Going to the doctor is always a good idea so I think you should do it anyway to assure a healthy stay here ph34r.gif

By the way will you be doing a take for this one Sinisa? I sense you will completely rock the house.

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ May 31 2010, 05:32 PM) *
this is really cool! I've downloaded both Bts, so I will come back with my take in a week or so! this is fun! biggrin.gif

Awesome - looking forward to hear yours and Ivan's takes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 1 2010, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Count me in wink.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2010, 09:03 PM
GMC Founder
Ok we got a response from a new instructor who hasn't been introduced yet - Ben Higgins. I am posting this for him.

It's a very rough mix since I didn't even have Adrian's solo guitar track.
Attached File  collab_draft1.mp3 ( 749.01K ) Number of downloads: 345
(Ben starts at 00:21)

Ben has lots of more mindblowing ideas all over the track - so we will be hearing more of him!

As you can hear this is turning out quite cool already! =D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 2 2010, 12:49 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Very cool backing track Kris, I would love to join this one, I will have to see though if my schedule allows me to do so. In the moment it is verypacked, next week I'll be in Belgrade for some days to shoot a video for our new single, there is lots of promo stuff to be done and so on, but I will see if I can make it.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 2 2010, 01:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jun 2 2010, 01:49 PM) *
Very cool backing track Kris, I would love to join this one, I will have to see though if my schedule allows me to do so. In the moment it is verypacked, next week I'll be in Belgrade for some days to shoot a video for our new single, there is lots of promo stuff to be done and so on, but I will see if I can make it.

It would be absolutely awesome to have you on this one Marcus! =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 2 2010, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 2 2010, 07:31 AM) *
It would be absolutely awesome to have you on this one Marcus! =)

yeah man smile.gif!
wont take u too much time wink.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 2 2010, 05:58 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I'll do my best guys ;-)

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:54 PM