> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Grunge V: Soundgarden, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Renan
Aug 19 2013, 06:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Grunge V: Soundgarden by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 20 2013, 02:19 AM
Instructor
Hi Renan! Looks like Your a hard worker in here! smile.gif Nice to see Your regular activity at the REC section smile.gif

Overall it's a nicely done job. Let me point some details You could focus on:

1. Tone - a bit less middle and a bit more treble would add some more definition - especially to the beginning. You can also try different amp, distortion device for different distortion type. You can compare to Gab's lesson. He also doesn't play to hard at the beginning but...enough hard to get nice and bright tone.

2. Around 0:20 something went wrong between both guitar parts - matter of timming, but I'm sure You heard it when You were mixing Your take.

3. About 0:40 here is were the tone issue comes again - it's too dark and a big to muddy - sound like a chewing gum biggrin.gif. We need some more attack on this. Les Paul is a warm sounding instrument. Maybe You can try to compensate this with sort of American hi-gain tone family (of course...I don't mean to set the gain to 10 - it's only about the amp character) - You can try some Peavey 5150 simulations (TSE X50) or Mesa Dual Rectifier (LePou LeCto). The basic rule is - most of manufacturers (amps, pedals, multiple effects) will use names like british or american kind of amp simulation. Make some experiments.

I'm leaving some headrom for Gabriel because it's his lesson and He'll give You more detailed feedback about the playing itself smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2013, 06:02 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Darius comments about tone are very important to have in mind. Regarding your playing, there are many things to improve on this one, but mostly is about tempo and sync between both guitars.

- 00:08: there is a timing issue there.
- 00:19 to 00:24: both guitars aren't 100% tight. This is an harmonization so both guitars should be phrasing similar.
- 00:30: There are some weird things sounding there. Adjust both guitars, to make the chord changes more precise.
- 00:35: The lower bend doesn't reach the correct pitch
- 00:36: I think that you are muting the string too much and the tone that you get isn't cool enough. Experiment with your right hand palm until you get a tone more similar to mine.
- 00:47: Here there are some some guitars sync issues again, check it out.

Keep on practicing this one concentrated on these items and you will master it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2013, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Hey man! I think the guys pointed out everything there is to know about this take, so I will only tell you to take your time and be very careful at the details!

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 23 2013, 12:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Keep practicing! 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:04 AM