> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Mtp December Thread - Crazy_diamond
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2009, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Hello crazy_Diamond! This is your MTP thread for December! Please post here your CV and which are the things that you want to work in this MTP!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 2 2009, 07:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel,

First of all, I am really but really happy to be mentored by you. I have found that I was stuck in a rut for a long time with my guitar skills. One think I like about the GMC community is the variety of instructors. I think that each instrusctor really adds a lot to the community. I have been a member of GMC for quite a long time but I haven't really been active in the forum. I have followed all your lessons and I really found that you have improve your guitars skills since you join GMC. I really like your style of playing wich I found that has change a lot since you join GMC. I am more then happy to be mentored by you because I really need a big Rock Dose to my playing.

Who I am ?
So my name is Simon I am 23 years old and I live in Montreal Canada. I speak french and english and I had some spanish class in the past. I am actually doing a Master degree in International Politics and it really cuts on my guitar practice time. I am also really glad to be taught by an Argentinian instructor cause during my years of study I realized that I really enjoyed the history and the politics of Latin America. I had red quite a lot in the past on that subject and I really found that Peron was an interesting political leaders. I don't know if you like these kinds of subject but If you do, I am sure that we can really have some interesting discussions.

I had my first guitar about 8 years ago but I really don't feel as good as I should be. I had a few guitar teachers in the past and I think that they haven't focus enough on showing me some basic guitar skills. I had never realized the importance of bending in tune and executing some good vibratos before I start posting some takes in the REC Program.

I would also like to mention that I am really open to all kind of critics. I am really used to the critics since I study in a controversial world. These critics can be on some politics taught or on some guitar playing. I truly believe that being able to accept some critics really improve yourself in any kind of subject.

Guitar practicing
I know I have a lot of issues with my guitar playing but I know a few things I have to focus on (I am also really open to suggestions). I really have a vibrato problem that is obsessing me for a while now, I am not really sure if I am doing it right or not and I don't know how to practice it. I don't feel that I could use any advice on the guitarists I know because I am not sure on there vibrato technique also. I also know that my bending are note always in tune but I think that by focusing on some bending intonation while practicing at a slow speed can improve this a lot.

I think I also need a good Rock Dose. I find that when you are playing you are always hitting the right note and make your guitar rocks !!! I want to learn from that. Being able to play a riff or a fast passage and landing on a piercing pinch harmonics that will tear down the wallpaper around. This is something great.

My practice time are going to be limited for the next to weeks but after that I am going to have a lot more time to practice on the guitar. I know that playing some chromatics scale 1-2-3-4 are really good for building speed but when you have limited time to practice It feels kind of boring.

My guitar
My main guitar is a Fender Stratocaster with a DiMarzio Chopper pup in the bridge. I bought this pup because I found that my strat was lacking of madness, it is not a metal pup it is more like a vintage/rock type of pickup.

Lesson practicing
I have start to practice your Open chords rock rythm and the Paramore for 2 guitars lesson recently and I found them pretty fun to play. I don't know if you have another great lesson to suggest. There is some lesson from you that I enjoy more then this one but I always find that there is a really diffulct par in it. Like in the Black Stone Cherry lesson and in the Southern Metal Solo

What I would like to practice
There is 3 issues in my playing that I woul dlike to improve. First of all I need for stability while executing a vibrato. Second I really need to improve ,my picking speed cause I feel really constrain when there is a fast passage in a lesson. Third, I really need to get a more Rock'er kind of feel.

I am also ready to aaccept any suggestion on things to practice.

These are a few video that I posted for the Rec Program in the past, it would probably help you to see me playing.

I am ready to learn a lot from you and if you have any suggestions or questions that could help me I am more then please to hear them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2009, 12:48 AM
Instructor
Hey Simon! What a great introduction! I’m not very involved in politics so maybe you know more than me about Peron. By the way he has been very important for our country and I’m sure that it would be very interesting for both to talk about this! We could do a chat or maybe start another thread to talk about it! You can ask me whatever you want of explain me you thoughts about latin America politics! I could learn. Tat would be my MTP with you as my mentor. Lol
I read your detailed info and then I watched the videos (I think that I graded some of those videos) and I agree with you about vibrato and bending. We will work on it through this MTP. I’ll share my knowledge and also will show you some videos because the only way to improve vibrato is seeing other players. The only way to improve your bending is practicing and hearing the notes tat you are playing.
We will cover vibrato and bending and we will also work on building speed and incorporating a “Rocker” style.
For this month I prepared an exercise exclusively for bending. This one doesn’t require a lot of hours of practice but a diary playing. The exercise is in A minor. You first play a note and then you bend on another fret trying to get the pitch of the previous note. You should practice this wit all your left and fingers in their corresponding position. You will find very difficult to bend in the 5th fret with finger 1. If you find this impossible try wit finger 2 or 3. After some days you should add some vibrato to the bends.

Attached File  Assignment_1.gp5 ( 2.6K ) Number of downloads: 146

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 3 2009, 12:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 2 2009, 06:48 PM) *
Tat would be my MTP with you as my mentor. Lol
Attached File  Assignment_1.gp5 ( 2.6K ) Number of downloads: 146

haha

Thanks for the MTP Gab I will work on that for sure ...

See you around

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2009, 12:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 2 2009, 08:54 PM) *
haha

Thanks for the MTP Gab I will work on that for sure ...

See you around

laugh.gif Great! Can't wait to hear your recording after some practice! And remember to transpose this to the other A minor positions once you get it!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 3 2009, 12:59 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 9 2009, 04:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi gab...

Here is my 1st assignement... I just want to precise that I am not 100% satisfied with this take. I don't know why but today is a really bad guitar day (and in general) and I am not as good as yesterday and sunday.

I still wanted to post my take because I won't be able to record another take tomorrow.

Attached File  MTP_1.mp3 ( 850.12K ) Number of downloads: 214

If you want me to continue with this exercise I am ready to continue practicing it.

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Thanks !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2009, 05:03 AM
Instructor
You did an excellent job Simon! Well done. Every bend sounds on pitch. You passed the first assignment my friend! I want you to include this exercise in your every day routine for this month. Play this exercise for 5/10 minutes every day and start to add vibrato.

I'll be back tomorrow or maybe on Thursday to give you the second assignment and I'll also give you my suggestions for this week's REC. Do you have any ideas?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 9 2009, 05:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Great !!!!

I will continue practicing this daily and I will add some vibrato.

I think a vibrato assignement would be good I don't know what you think about it. And as for the Rec suggestion I am pretty open. I know you had talk about your Steve Vai Lesson.

Saludos amigo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2009, 08:21 PM
Instructor
That's what I was exactly thinking! We have to work on Vibrato now! And that's a perfect lesson for it.
So your second assignment will be Steve Vai Style Melodies.
This lesson is very simple and has long notes so you'll find easy to concentrate on vibrato. This technique is a must if you want to develop your rocker side. So let's see what happens with this.
I note that your bending is ok but it should sound more defined and more natural. It must sound as a natural part of your playing and I don't have that sensation in your playing yet.
Check these videos to note what I mean: VAI - SRV
It would also add in this assignment the first assignment but this time with vibrato in your bends but I'm not sure if you think that this will be possible too. It would be killer if you also add it to this assignment! smile.gif

Ok, that's all! Let me know if you have any question!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 10 2009, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Allright, I will work on the Steve Vai Lesson. The only problem is that I am not sure if I will be able to nail the shred lick. It seems pretty fast.

I will also work on the last assignement but I can't garantee you that I will be able to do it well on the 5th fret... Some notes are hard to achieve...

I will do my best ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2009, 10:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 10 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Allright, I will work on the Steve Vai Lesson. The only problem is that I am not sure if I will be able to nail the shred lick. It seems pretty fast.

I will also work on the last assignement but I can't garantee you that I will be able to do it well on the 5th fret... Some notes are hard to achieve...

I will do my best ...

uhh! I forgot to add that you have to forget the fast lick for this assignment! Only concentrate on the bends!

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 10 2009, 05:15 PM) *

I will do my best ...

Keep this as you private practice and don't post any take here. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 10 2009, 11:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 10 2009, 04:24 PM) *
uhh! I forgot to add that you have to forget the fast lick for this assignment! Only concentrate on the bends!

Keep this as you private practice and don't post any take here. wink.gif

Allright ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2009, 02:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 10 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Allright ...

and I wanted to ask you... What about using this lessons with the tricky lick for our end of MTP Rec take?? You can post the take without the lick for this assignment and practice those lick for a few weeks! What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 11 2009, 03:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
I will try but this lick looks pretty fast. I think it is sixteen note triplets at 110bpm. It looks pretty fast but I can try. I cannot be sure to have it tho. I have never been able to play 16th note at 120bpm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2009, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Ah! Ok, and how it goes the work on Open chords rock rhythm and the Paramore for 2 guitars lessons?
Maybe I could help you with one of those ones as our REC take. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 11 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
To be honest, I haven't really practice those two lessons lately.... I am really rush by school works since my semester end on the 22nd. My guitar practice time is really cut down... by the way ... I should be working not reading the forum tongue.gif...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2009, 07:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 11 2009, 01:22 PM) *
To be honest, I haven't really practice those two lessons lately.... I am really rush by school works since my semester end on the 22nd. My guitar practice time is really cut down... by the way ... I should be working not reading the forum tongue.gif ...

laugh.gif Ok! Let's go for the Steve Vai one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 11 2009, 08:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok .... for the next assignement do you prefer a video or audio ??? It is going to be more complicated for me to do a video but since we are working on vibrato it might be important that you see my hands.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2009, 01:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 11 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Ok .... for the next assignement do you prefer a video or audio ??? It is going to be more complicated for me to do a video but since we are working on vibrato it might be important that you see my hands.

yes, a video would be a lot better but if it isn't possible for this week you can record an audio take. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 12 2009, 01:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
Too bad my school teacher are not as cool as you ... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:36 PM