Question On Ibanez Prestige Setup From The Factory
SlyRy
Jul 10 2011, 03:22 AM
GMC:er
Hi Guys,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a prestige Ibanez in the next few months. How are their prestige models setup (action, innotation) from the factory? Are they generally spot on? Just purchased an ESP M1 standard. I had to spend LOTS of time dialing it in, including truss rod adjustments. Really hope the Ibanez prestige models are setup better out of the box!

thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SlyRy: Jul 10 2011, 03:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2011, 02:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If its a model with a floating bridge it will probably be out of tune from shipping etc. Thats my experience with it, both Ibanez's I bought minus the slight tuning problem from floating bridges, were set up just fine - Great action, new strings, clean finish, everything in working order.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 10 2011, 05:42 PM
Hello

I have owned an Ibanez prestige RG2550 ...it had the zero edge tremelo bridge wich is unbelievable.
These tremeloes can be abused and still stay in tune...playability and setup were very very good to me!!!

I only changed the dimarzio/IBZ to tone zone pickups ..because they sounded poor.

Very good guitars!

Danny

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Any guitar should go through some adjustments if it comes from the factory, and should be adjusted regularly, for example per year. Not sure about Prestige models out of the box, but you should definitely try it, and see if feels OK. If it does, get it smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SlyRy
Jul 11 2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys. I have had some guitars perfect from the factory, while others were horrid. Sometimes they were the exact same model! Ordered two ESP M1 standards last year. One was perfect , action perfect, innotation perfect. The other was out of tune and stayed out of tune!

This post has been edited by SlyRy: Jul 11 2011, 12:42 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 12 2011, 12:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
My prestige arrived in pretty good shape from factory. Still I had it setup just in case, but the guitar shop guys told me they almost needn't touch it smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 12 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor

All the guitars do get the same treatment at the factory, sometimes we're lucky to get the guitar in nearly perfectly playing condition, which is great. Other times it stands in the store for a while, or in a warehouse, or whatever, and then the setup is needed. It's a matter of luck really, depending of all the factors.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:21 PM