Rec - Has To Be 100% As The Original ?
MichaelRdk
Nov 20 2013, 07:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello.
Looked in the REC forum posts to see, but couldnt seem to find an answer to this, so sorry for filling yet another spot in the forum wink.gif
Found a lesson that i think suits me very well in difficulty, not impossible but hard and will need practice and some improvements, but can play it.
Only have 2 problems, one that i can't do anything about and another that i would like to wait a little before learning to master.

one being that it uses the wammy bar, and because my guitar is a cheap crappy beginner guitar (Tradition Strat) i cannot use it unless i want instant horrible out of tune sound.

Second being it also uses the wah wah pedal and although the Boss GT-100 has that function i have never touched, it is on the "to learn" list, but feel like my playing and teqniques is more important as of right now.

So can i leave those to things out ? or is that not a valid REC video then ?

It is:
Satch Style by Piotr Kaczor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 20 2013, 08:52 AM
Learning Tone Master

The idea for Rec section is to be 100% as original.
But I think it will not be a problem if you really want to make that lesson with another approach and post the result in Practice Room not in Rec.
You will receive the feedback from instructors and also from students if you post it here.
Also you can choose another lesson for Rec section if you want and there only the instructors will give you feedback.

BTW you have good taste, I like Piotr lessons smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 20 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Monica is right smile.gif If it's possible it would be nice to make all lessons 100% as they are. Details are important at learning stage but...also we can understand some gear limitations and We won't make problems - we'll judge and give feedback to Your take as for any other take smile.gif 100% rule is more about playing itself - all notes, picking direction, fingering etc. Of course...as long as You don't make a non-whammy bar take for lesson which is dedicated to whammy bar smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2013, 12:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 20 2013, 07:52 AM) *
But I think it will not be a problem if you really want to make that lesson with another approach and post the result in Practice Room not in Rec.
You will receive the feedback from instructors and also from students if you post it here.
Also you can choose another lesson for Rec section if you want and there only the instructors will give you feedback.

100% spot on reply from Monica wink.gif Why not post things in the Practice room first? It's the best place to begin with smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2013, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 20 2013, 04:52 AM) *

Well said Monica! This is the perfect answer to Michael's question.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MichaelRdk
Nov 20 2013, 05:29 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks for the answers smile.gif
I will wait with it until i get the money to buy a new guitar and learned to use the wah pedal wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2013, 08:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - why not try a lesson that is similar in respect to the overall feeling and that doesn't need the wah and the new guitar? You posted the Satch Style in the personal plan request and I think you did a pretty good job with it in respect to playing - I will also suggest what we should start working on, in the thread, based on what I've seen in the recording and on your answers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:04 PM